Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:46 pm

Cancellations , deposits, etc?

Excuse my n00bness, but haven't used the benefit yet, and was thinking about getting some reservations in before the benefit changes later in July.

So if I tell the concierge I want to book an SPG member rate that is refundable (i see on the hotel site) for October - what will my Prestige card get charged today? The deposit? And if i need to cancel/change later, anyone have any issues getting that back?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:03 am

Hey All,

I have a work trip coming up where I will spend 3 consecutive nights each in different cities. Can I make the reservations so that they are 4 nights each, where the last night in the first location overlaps with the first night in the second location?

So something like this:

10th - Check in NY
11th - NY
12th - NY
13th - Leave NY but stay checked in and check in to hotel in Boston
14th - Boston
15th - Boston
16th - Leave Boston but stay checked in at the hotel. Check in to a different hotel in DC
17th - DC
18th - DC
19th - Check out from DC

Is this possible to do something like this and still take advantage of the 4th night benefit (so I would get 3 credits total)?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ElenaJustice
Hey All,

I have a work trip coming up where I will spend 3 consecutive nights each in different cities. Can I make the reservations so that they are 4 nights each, where the last night in the first location overlaps with the first night in the second location?

So something like this:

10th - Check in NY
11th - NY
12th - NY
14th - Boston
15th - Boston
16th - Leave Boston but stay checked in at the hotel. Check in to a different hotel in DC
17th - DC
18th - DC
19th - Check out from DC

Is this possible to do something like this and still take advantage of the 4th night benefit (so I would get 3 credits total)?
Yeah, good luck with that.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hey All,

So something like this:

10th - Check in NY
11th - NY
12th - NY
14th - Boston
15th - Boston
17th - DC
18th - DC
19th - Check out from DC

Entirely possible to book it but credit may/may not be audited as described in several posts above. So there is a possibility you could end up having credit denied and footing the bill of the 4th night yourself.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:49 am

Anyone have success booking an apartment hotel? I was told by Citi that it can only apply to hotels, and not apartments that are rented out like hotel rooms.

**I guess they're right. Looks like their T&Cs exclude apartments.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 1, 2017 at 8:55 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Hey All,

So something like this:

10th - Check in NY
11th - NY
12th - NY
14th - Boston
15th - Boston
17th - DC
18th - DC
19th - Check out from DC

What would be the point? The cost you pay would be the same as if you just booked 3 night stays. Are you looking to get an extra elite night credit, or to push some extra spend through the card?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by levilevi
Excuse my n00bness, but haven't used the benefit yet, and was thinking about getting some reservations in before the benefit changes later in July.

So if I tell the concierge I want to book an SPG member rate that is refundable (i see on the hotel site) for October - what will my Prestige card get charged today? The deposit? And if i need to cancel/change later, anyone have any issues getting that back?
Is this rate actually pre-pay but refundable? Or is it just the more common cancel-without-penalty-until-days-before and pay at checkout? In the latter case, nothing would be charged to the card until you checkout, and you can cancel up to the deadline (thru the concierge, or just directly with the SPG) with no charges hitting your card.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by swag
What would be the point? The cost you pay would be the same as if you just booked 3 night stays. Are you looking to get an extra elite night credit, or to push some extra spend through the card?
Yep, it would be to rack up some extra spend through the card (and build some TY points). But it would also be to accumulate hotel points and count towards status.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:28 am

Yep, it would be to rack up some extra spend through the card (and build some TY points). But it would also be to accumulate hotel points and count towards status.
seems a good way to lose your credits and get Citi to look into abuse of this program. Both are bad things. Please don't do this.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Productivity
seems a good way to lose your credits and get Citi to look into abuse of this program. Both are bad things. Please don't do this.
Fair enough. Wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good benefit for other people.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Or, more specifically, for yourself.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by swag
Is this rate actually pre-pay but refundable? Or is it just the more common cancel-without-penalty-until-days-before and pay at checkout? In the latter case, nothing would be charged to the card until you checkout, and you can cancel up to the deadline (thru the concierge, or just directly with the SPG) with no charges hitting your card.
The latter (cancel without penalty until 1-2 days advance). Thanks - i think with some trips planned to higher cost hotels in NYC, might be wise to make some pre-emptive bookings in the next couple weeks for later this year.

I wonder if modifications to existing reservations *after* the benefit change date will change the benefit calculation (to exclude taxes, take the average) to reservations made now.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It would also be a really weird-looking expense report for you. The hotel folios would show all of the nights and total costs for 12 nights when you were only gone 9 nights.

And there's the very real risk that Citi would not credit any one or more of the nights.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: N/A
Hello,

Can anyone confirm that P+C bookings with Hyatt and SPG are 100% undoable?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Has to be bookable through Citi's travel agent, so I think that effectively kills off P+C type options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.