FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

Jpr0930 Jul 15, 2016 9:39 am

Originally Posted by evilhomer (Post 26920192)
Hi all, I've got a mailer that I've had for a while and when I tried to use it today, the URL returned a "404 not found" page. The URL is: citi.com/applynowAAdvantageCard

This seems odd, since the expiration for this mailer isn't until 8/15/2016. Anyone had this experience before? Perhaps the webpage is just down temporarily? If not, does anyone know if my invitation number will work at another URL? Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

In case it makes any difference, this mailer is for a Platinum Select MasterCard. Bonus offer is 40K miles for 3K spend in 3 months. I'm not seeing the "24 months" language anywhere in the fine print.

I am willing to do some testing if you can provide the code as well as your surname. (via pm of course...;))

All seriousness, works fine on my end.

SpammersAreScum Jul 15, 2016 9:46 am

I also get a 404 using Firefox. With IE it redirected to this page, which prompts me for Invitation Code and Last Name.

Handing that link to Firefox does work. But note the "AAPLATNPS" in it. I'm almost positive that IE would have no way of knowing I'm Plat, since I only use it for the very rare site (never AA.com) that isn't working right in Firefox. It's possible (but unlikely) that Citi knows.

If I strip off that final parameter (everything from the last "&" on) I get what appears to be the same page.

RobertHanson Jul 15, 2016 9:52 am

Originally Posted by isle-hawg (Post 26920570)
Try again. If it doesn't work try a different browser, or a different machine. I just tried the URL you posted and the page came up fine for me.

Yep, came up just fine for me too. In case anyone else is wondering, the very first thing it asks for is your application code. So no point going there if you don't have one. :(

evilhomer Jul 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by isle-hawg (Post 26920570)
Try again. If it doesn't work try a different browser, or a different machine. I just tried the URL you posted and the page came up fine for me.

Ah, yes! Thanks very much. Tried it from a different machine and now the page loads seemingly fine.

Thanks for all responses!

Flyin2 Jul 16, 2016 2:09 pm

To call or not to call?

I just got a pending app asking me to call in. I am a firm believer (these days) of not calling in to Chase. Can anyone tell me if that is the case these days with Citi personal? I know I let it ride for Citi business and was approved. Thanks so much!

hiima Jul 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin2 (Post 26925800)
I just got a pending app asking me to call in. I am a firm believer (these days) of not calling in to Chase. Can anyone tell me if that is the case these days with Citi personal? I know I let it ride for Citi business and was approved. Thanks so much!

Always call Citi.

hi-guy Jul 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 26920701)
But note the "AAPLATNPS" in it. I'm almost positive that IE would have no way of knowing I'm Plat, since I only use it for the very rare site (never AA.com) that isn't working right in Firefox. It's possible (but unlikely) that Citi knows.

That's probably because the card being applied for is the AA Platinum MasterCard.

SpammersAreScum Jul 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by hi-guy (Post 26926055)
That's probably because the card being applied for is the AA Platinum MasterCard.

D'oh! I stupidly assumed that such a generic URL (".../applynowAAdvantageCard") would lead to a more generic app page. Thanks.

Jpr0930 Jul 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin2 (Post 26925800)

Call. You will get put on hold for ~15 mins, the CSR will check back in ~ 2 times, then come back and say either:
a) you are approved with XXX CL
b) you are approved at XXX CL or you can shift some from another card for a CL of YYY.

Mr_Darcy Jul 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26915173)
No. You CAN get second card using the same mailer .
8 day 65 day rules still apply.

So I was approved for my first AA card with the targeted mailer on 7/7 do you think it's safe to apply for number two with the same targeted mailer today (7/16)? Haven't even received my first card in the mail yet. Not sure what's taking so long. Not sure if there is a benefit/downside to waiting to activate my card or not.

Thanks.

hiima Jul 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mr_Darcy (Post 26926614)
So I was approved for my first AA card with the targeted mailer on 7/7 do you think it's safe to apply for number two with the same targeted mailer today (7/16)? Haven't even received my first card in the mail yet. Not sure what's taking so long. Not sure if there is a benefit/downside to waiting to activate my card or not.

Thanks.

Yes, it's just that their mail room is garbage.

PETERPNYC Jul 17, 2016 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Darcy (Post 26926614)

Thanks.

if it's only your second card should be no problem . Be prepared to move some CL from your first card to open the second , and explain the reason for a second card of the same type in the unlikely event they ask .

Obviously don't say because of the bonus, separation of spending something along those lines IF asked .

Jpr0930 Jul 17, 2016 9:52 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...e_still_alive/

:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: looks like the OP used a mailer, nothing to see here.

hiima Jul 17, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Jpr0930 (Post 26928597)

Just saw that too. I was certain that regular WE loophole was closed.

trouble747 Jul 17, 2016 11:51 am

Anyone want to share a mailer code? Am I understanding correctly that they are reusable (or is it that they're one-time use but not specific to the recipient)? :D