Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zenride
ummm... everything that might have been earned during the 11th & 12th month?
lol greedy?
jk

ok here it is:

11th month...
you call to ask, this gets them to look int your acct and they shut it.
you lose all these points.
so you sue them in SCC.
they settle (this is what banks and ccs do in my experience and that of many involved with chase and citi as we speak) and you get the monetary value of your points and if you have the premier card, you get 1.255 of that value now. Plus court costs and any other pro rated CC fees or other costs.

It dont matter anyway as you would have been done with the card in 12 months but they dont need to know that.

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
How do you manage to cash out 60K in MS? How many BB and AP accounts do you have?
3 BB
lots of GC
7 AP
lots of access to stores to buy and places to burn.
the ability to time manage this (but it does NOT take just 5hrs a month)

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
MM is well known to have an extended family that allows him to manage 50 AP and BB accounts for them.

Was it a serious question from a guy/gal with 850+ posts???
lol
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
lol greedy?
jk

ok here it is:

11th month...
so you sue them in SCC.
they settle (this is what banks and ccs do in my experience and that of many involved with chase and citi as we speak) and you get the monetary value of your points and if you have the premier card, you get 1.255 of that value now. Plus court costs and any other pro rated CC fees or other costs.

It dont matter anyway as you would have been done with the card in 12 months but they dont need to know that.

3 BB
lots of GC
7 AP
lots of access to stores to buy and places to burn.
the ability to time manage this (but it does NOT take just 5hrs a month)

lol

I really need to find WM with semi-normal employees would help me a lot.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
I really need to find WM with semi-normal employees would help me a lot.
You've got it backward. You need to find a WM and then you need to train employees to become semi-normal.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:51 am

Does anyone know if Citi's 12-month promotional offers end on the anniversary date of account approval or if they last until the end of the 12th statement?
IMHO, it says it on your CC account page. It says "member from" or something like this.
When I've called to activate my card (many months ago), I've specifically asked an Indian CSR this question about the date. And the date that he gave me matches the date on my Account page. So, it is probably correct.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:08 am

You've got it backward. You need to find a WM and then you need to train employees to become semi-normal.
^^^ So true. Look at them as your employees (which they are). You didn't want to hire them because they're not so bright, but they're related to the boss so you have to keep them. Only option you have is to train them.

Happy 1st of the month, everyone!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
IMHO, it says it on your CC account page. It says "member from" or something like this.
May I ask where exactly on the CC account page can I find this "member from" information? Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:52 am

lol greedy?
jk

ok here it is:

11th month...
so you sue them in SCC.
Don't get me in over my head... I'm already up to my neck because of you.

Would be surprising if promotion lasted beyond anniversary.. but will find out one way or the other.

When I've called to activate my card (many months ago), I've specifically asked an Indian CSR this question about the date. And the date that he gave me matches the date on my Account page. So, it is probably correct.
I already know the date card was approved, but am not sure if 12-month promotion ends on the anniversary of approval or at the end of the 12th statement.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't get me in over my head... I'm already up to my neck because of you.

Would be surprising if promotion lasted beyond anniversary.. but will find out one way or the other.

I already know the date card was approved, but am not sure if 12-month promotion ends on the anniversary of approval or at the end of the 12th statement.
hey I got a bridge I can sell ya in Brooklyn too

as for wmt employees... you just need to ease them into it... and get them to think what you are doing is the ONLY thing worth doing. lol
Old Nov 2, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by jeelele
May I ask where exactly on the CC account page can I find this "member from" information? Thanks!
It may have been removed.. I saw it there somewhere before too, but couldn't find it when I looked yesterday.

edit:

Found it, but it only works with my Dividend card.

At bottom of the My Citi home page click on Rewards > VIEW/REDEEM

TY cards then go to TY site and Div card goes to "Rewards Details" page were you can select each of your cards and see "Member Since: xx/xx/xxxx" info.

hey I got a bridge I can sell ya in Brooklyn too
I'm only interested in your bridge if i can pay with GC's

Last edited by zenride; Nov 3, 2013 at 2:05 am
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else have a funky "Remaining Credit Line" number right now?

For example, let's say I have a $15,000 credit line and spend $12,000. My remaining CL should be $3K. I pay down $10,000 of my bill before statement cuts ... it should go up to $13K remaining CL. However, mine isn't going back up after a large payment last week ...

Not going to call Citi but just wondering if anyone else came across this.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amolkold

For example, let's say I have a $15,000 credit line and spend $12,000. My remaining CL should be $3K. I pay down $10,000 of my bill before statement cuts ... it should go up to $13K remaining CL. However, mine isn't going back up after a large payment last week ...

seen no errors like that here. I would let it rest and wait it out.
Citi is strange.

And oh what I would do with a $15k CR! (I would go for $120k spend in a month!) You just cant go faster than Citi sometimes (although with the checking acct it does help to speed things up)
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
seen no errors like that here. I would let it rest and wait it out.
Citi is strange.

And oh what I would do with a $15k CR! (I would go for $120k spend in a month!) You just cant go faster than Citi sometimes (although with the checking acct it does help to speed things up)
1) $15K is a low-ball

2) Talkboard Candidate? You have my full support!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) $15K is a low-ball

2) Talkboard Candidate? You have my full support!
thanks~!!

yeah I know... but I actually do all this stuff with relatively low CR lims and wish they were higher. I did get a SPG BIz recently though with a hefty $50k limit so I called and reduced it by 5x to avoid a FR someday haha

(wait, did we just hear MM restricting himself?)
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:18 pm

I have noticed that before and depending on if the payment is made from Citi site or pushed in from other source has effected when available CL is updated.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:13 am

Damn it! I wish I had applied for this CC back in summer. The reports of people getting shut down made me change my mind but I wish I hadn't chickened out at that point. Looks like most of you are cashing in pretty nicely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.