Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20
family member applied and was approved for amex a day or two before the plat/gold trick was reported. applied for gold card a few days later and went to step 5. i think there's more hope of the gold app being approved without a call so waiting to see what happens. will report back of course (hopefully with good news )
Would you mind sharing which gold card link they used? Just want to be sure to give myself the best possible chance.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
So, for those who applied for and received the platinum visa a few weeks ago, it is still uncertain whether we might be able to get the 30k gold if we didn't apply on the same day, is that what I'm hearing?

I'm perhaps willing to be a guinnea pig, but would sort of like some kind of view from experts on my likelihood, based on our current understanding of the process. If it's a 10 percent chance, I won't waste the pull.
I'm certainly no expert and I doubt anyone here is, especially in light of the changes that Citi has made in the past month. My guess was that the gold /platinum combo would only work if applying at the same time, BUT that was just a guess based on how Citi treated AA platinum level apps.

However, based on the data point on the post after your's (even though it's 2010 data and assuming he/she is referring to the personal gold), maybe Citi will allow the gold a day or more after being approved for a platinum. If you applied for 2 platinums (or any other Citi cards) a few weeks ago, I would wait 65 days from your app date before trying the gold.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:50 pm

thanks for quick reply MSYnola. forgive my ignorance, but how do you re-apply if you still have the original cards open? are these business versions?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Would you mind sharing which gold card link they used? Just want to be sure to give myself the best possible chance.
Originally Posted by bksmm
I'm certainly no expert and I doubt anyone here is, especially in light of the changes that Citi has made in the past month. My guess was that the gold /platinum combo would only work if applying at the same time, BUT that was just a guess based on how Citi treated AA platinum level apps.

However, based on the data point on the post after your's (even though it's 2010 data and assuming he/she is referring to the personal gold), maybe Citi will allow the gold a day or more after being approved for a platinum. If you applied for 2 platinums (or any other Citi cards) a few weeks ago, I would wait 65 days from your app date before trying the gold.
well patience has never been a virtue of mine so i just checked on the status using the link provided by email and a chat window popped up. app was APPROVED yay!!! as i suspected the main reason for the lack of instant approval was to move CL.

we used the link posted by CVG_Kid (thanks! ) in post 4820:

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B5D3C4590A50B7

just an FYI only an amex app was submitted late last week and the gold app submitted a few days later so we had no issues with the 2 apps within 65 days rule. good luck and i hope you get an instant approval as well thanks again bksmm for reporting your initial success - wouldn't have thought to submit a gold app without your datapoint!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSYnola
YMMV, but i first applied and received both cards in 7/11 also, and just reapplied for both last week. i got instant approval for visa, and i'm still pending for the amex. i still have both of my original cards open.
unless you applied for the GOLD visa it will get denied. There are two AA visas (Gold and Platinum), you need to specify which for your post to help at all.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:50 pm

Link posted was a 30 k mile bonus gold link. I still can't find a 50k link that says 50k and describes the program. Are you guys sure they still exist?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20
well patience has never been a virtue of mine so i just checked on the status using the link provided by email and a chat window popped up. app was APPROVED yay!!! as i suspected the main reason for the lack of instant approval was to move CL.

we used the link posted by CVG_Kid (thanks! ) in post 4820:

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B5D3C4590A50B7

just an FYI only an amex app was submitted late last week and the gold app submitted a few days later so we had no issues with the 2 apps within 65 days rule. good luck and i hope you get an instant approval as well thanks again bksmm for reporting your initial success - wouldn't have thought to submit a gold app without your datapoint!
Congrats, so now we have our first data point of someone being approved for the personal gold a day or more after recently getting a platinum. If the gold isn't subject to the existing AA cardholder rule, I wonder if it's churnable and how often.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:55 pm

Congrats, so now we have our first data point of someone being approved for the personal gold a day or more after recently getting a platinum. If the gold isn't subject to the existing AA cardholder rule, I wonder if it's churnable and how often.
And I bet the next question after that will be: can you get two golds on the same day?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
And I bet the next question after that will be: can you get two golds on the same day?
a churnable gold every 65 days, that would be nice! and 2 would be even better i suspect it might be limited to one gold at a time (like the plat AA, HH cards) but one could always combine it with a TYP card to maximize the hard pull. i wonder if the gold was approved partially because the amex card hasn't been issued yet (no "on the way" email received)? the csr definitely knew the AA amex had been approved however as he offered to shift some of the CL from that card...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:19 pm

I know two browser trick is almost over, but I am willing to take my chances

Now, can someone please tell if those 50K miles link from the first page are still valid or not?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I love when people read, you will only get approved for one of these cards.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:34 pm
umc

Originally Posted by punjabi2
I know two browser trick is almost over, but I am willing to take my chances

Now, can someone please tell if those 50K miles link from the first page are still valid or not?

Thanks.
If you are willing to take your chances, you wouldn't have to ask this question.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:38 pm

Willing to take my chances with 2browser trick, but not when it is only one card with 30K...so that is why I asked if anyone got 50K miles from the links on the first page.

Originally Posted by umc
If you are willing to take your chances, you wouldn't have to ask this question.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by punjabi2
Willing to take my chances with 2browser trick, but not when it is only one card with 30K...so that is why I asked if anyone got 50K miles from the links on the first page.
As someone else said, I think it was Happy if the links on the front page were dead, would there be 330 pages of posts? If you read back for just a few pages, you will find your answer.

Reading is awesome!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm

Links to 50k deals

Originally Posted by PainCorp
As someone else said, I think it was Happy if the links on the front page were dead, would there be 330 pages of posts? If you read back for just a few pages, you will find your answer.

Reading is awesome!
I could be wrong, but I think you are mistaken. I have read back 15 or 20 pages and have found no links for 50k bonus offers that state the bonus/conditions of the deal. All link to an application page with no details of or links to what the deal is. I'll go back and look again. I will post if I find one. I'm looking for personal credit card deal, not business, but if I find business I'll still put it up in case someone else is interested.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RostyM
I could be wrong, but I think you are mistaken. I have read back 15 or 20 pages and have found no links for 50k bonus offers that state the bonus/conditions of the deal. All link to an application page with no details of or links to what the deal is. I'll go back and look again. I will post if I find one. I'm looking for personal credit card deal, not business, but if I find business I'll still put it up in case someone else is interested.
My point was, if the deals were not valid, this thread would have died. Many people have posted that they were approved, would so many people STILL be getting this card if it was known that no bonus would post? I remember reading within the last few days people confirming what bonus they are getting upon card activation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.