FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:10 pm
brownie20

Originally Posted by lkar
Would you mind sharing which gold card link they used? Just want to be sure to give myself the best possible chance.
Originally Posted by bksmm
I'm certainly no expert and I doubt anyone here is, especially in light of the changes that Citi has made in the past month. My guess was that the gold /platinum combo would only work if applying at the same time, BUT that was just a guess based on how Citi treated AA platinum level apps.

However, based on the data point on the post after your's (even though it's 2010 data and assuming he/she is referring to the personal gold), maybe Citi will allow the gold a day or more after being approved for a platinum. If you applied for 2 platinums (or any other Citi cards) a few weeks ago, I would wait 65 days from your app date before trying the gold.
well patience has never been a virtue of mine so i just checked on the status using the link provided by email and a chat window popped up. app was APPROVED yay!!! as i suspected the main reason for the lack of instant approval was to move CL.

we used the link posted by CVG_Kid (thanks! ) in post 4820:

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B5D3C4590A50B7

just an FYI only an amex app was submitted late last week and the gold app submitted a few days later so we had no issues with the 2 apps within 65 days rule. good luck and i hope you get an instant approval as well thanks again bksmm for reporting your initial success - wouldn't have thought to submit a gold app without your datapoint!