Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
Got a decent offer today for a 50,000 Citibank Hilton Visa card. No fee, 50k once you spend $1,500 within 6 months. Also, gives silver membership and fast track to gold after 6 stays within 90 days of card membership. I don't think its a targeted offer.

50k $1,500 within 6 months
http://h1.hiltonhhonors.com/a/hBN3dP...CKrR1qcL/hhon3
50K Hilton = 25K AA miles
This is the highest bonus i've ever seen for this card
but i still feel it doesn't worth one hard pull
Old May 27, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by eeyy
50K Hilton = 25K AA miles
Where do you see this ratio? I think it is 5K AA.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Actually the ratio is 10,000 HH = 1,500 AA
Old May 28, 2011, 5:08 pm

You can transfer 25K AA miles for 50K HH points.
Old May 28, 2011, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeyy
You can transfer 25K AA miles for 50K HH points.
That ratio has since changed, also that ratio does not work in reverse.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
So, it appears no one can yet verify the 50,000 points offer with the app-link in first post?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by brasov02
So, it appears no one can yet verify the 50,000 points offer with the app-link in first post?
What do you mean by verify?

If you were targeted, the e-mail itself will have had the details in, not the page the link takes you to.

If you were not targeted, verification will come through someone applying and then subsequently receiving the 50K. Judging by the date of the first post it's a bit soon don't you think?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by User Name

If you were targeted, the e-mail itself will have had the details in, not the page the link takes you to.

If you were not targeted, verification will come through someone applying and then subsequently receiving the 50K. Judging by the date of the first post it's a bit soon don't you think?
It's most definitely not targeted. The offer I posted was actually addressed to another family member that has their emails sent to me. Both myself and my wife applied through the link, were approved, received the cards and have verified the 50k bonus after $1,500 spending during activation. I know its not the most lucrative offer out there, but for those if you like me who already have tons miles and not many hotel points I just thought it may be of some use so that's why I posted it here.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I also got approved, but instead of getting a card, got a letter stating that since I have had an AA card before, I will not be getting another one.
So let me get this. Online said you're approved for a Citi AA or Citi Hilton. Then, when you got the letter, you were essentially declined.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
It's most definitely not targeted. The offer I posted was actually addressed to another family member that has their emails sent to me. Both myself and my wife applied through the link, were approved, received the cards and have verified the 50k bonus after $1,500 spending during activation. I know its not the most lucrative offer out there, but for those if you like me who already have tons miles and not many hotel points I just thought it may be of some use so that's why I posted it here.
Ok - thanks for clarifying. The point I was making to the other poster though was that it's the e-mail that contains the details of the miles, not the page that the link takes you to. I was wondering what kind of 'verification' would satisfy him. Your own account is certainly good enough for me and I will be applying shortly.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opus2002
So let me get this. Online said you're approved for a Citi AA or Citi Hilton. Then, when you got the letter, you were essentially declined.
Yup.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by User Name

Not sure what you mean when you ask what I mean by 'verify'. What part of 'verify' is confusing for you? As the OP said and we can all see, the linked-ap does not have the detail to the 50,000 point offer and, until now, no one that I could see had applied using this ap and then 'verified' the 50,000 offer after applying. But as you see Milano Suprano just did verify which was good enough for you and which is the verification I was waiting for.
(And obviously it's not too soon to have the offer verified. You don't have to wait until the points are in your account to have a CR verify the bonus attached to your application.)
Thanks Milano Suprano!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Question

I've already got the Citi Hilton. Does anyone know if Citi will give you the diff between a new offer and the one you signed up for like Chase does? I signed up with a 25k offer and curious to know if I can call Citi up to get the extra 25k on this new offer?

Anyone have any luck trying this already?

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NVGuy36
I've already got the Citi Hilton. Does anyone know if Citi will give you the diff between a new offer and the one you signed up for like Chase does? I signed up with a 25k offer and curious to know if I can call Citi up to get the extra 25k on this new offer?
What do you mean "like Chase does"? Does Chase do this for targeted offers that have no splash pages and no way to prove that the offer exists (for anyone but the person it was targeted to)?

That's the problem with there being no splash page (showing the details of this offer), just an app page. There's nothing that I see that we can present to Chase saying "there's this new offer; can I get the difference?".

In my case, I already did the public 40k offer, documented elsewhere -- can't remember if it's here in MilesBuzz! or only over in the HHonors forum. So I'm at most 10k short.

Since the 40k offer is public and does have a landing page, if you can't find a landing page for the 50k offer, you could at least try to see if you can get the extra 15k for the difference between the 40k offer and the 25k offer.

But how long ago did you do the 25k app? I seem to recall that Chase has a 60 day window for "backwards changes" to the promo for a card app, doesn't it?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by NVGuy36

Anyone have any luck trying this already?

Thanks!
I just tried bumping 40k-50k via secure message. No go. Just a reply back indicating that I was not targeted for that offer and to send a flyer, front and back, if I had it. Strikes and gutters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.