Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:38 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Where did you see it?

Like I said above, the FAQ page (in the answer to question 10) says there is no limit on how many times you can earn the so-called "free night" reward (which just a bonus number of points) this promo period (which ends April 30).

But now two people have claimed it's saying 4 rewards is a limit somewhere, without ever specifying where it says that.
Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Muy team and I are keen to review this further and notify the appropriate parties for further review and correction. To do so, send us more details in a private message and include the screenshots. Moreover, if you are a Choice Privileges member, include the mailing address, phone number, and email associated with the profile. We'll wait for your response. -Ray.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:19 am

Members may take advantage of this offer a maximum of four times during the Offer period, although the member may continue to earn base points (and any Elite bonuses) on subsequent qualifying stays.
In the 5th paragraph
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Muy team and I are keen to review this further and notify the appropriate parties for further review and correction. To do so, send us more details in a private message and include the screenshots. Moreover, if you are a Choice Privileges member, include the mailing address, phone number, and email associated with the profile. We'll wait for your response. -Ray.
I don't know how to do the screen shots, but I can explain exactly where to find the contradictions:

At the FAQ site:

https://www.choicehotels.com/promo/faqs

if you click on question 10, "How many times can I receive a free night", the answer displayed says:

"You can earn points for an unlimited number of free nights. After you register, you’ll earn enough points for one (1) free night after every two separate qualifying stays with check-in between February 8 and April 30, 2024."

But, below all of those questions, there are seven small-print paragraphs, and the fifth paragraph's last sentence says:

"Members may take advantage of this offer a maximum of four times during the Offer period, although the member may continue to earn base points (and any Elite bonuses) on subsequent qualifying stays."

And if you go to Choice Hotels, and click on the Register button at the promo box on the main page, it takes you to:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...s-get-one-free

where it has the 7 paragraphs with the same "four times" text at the end of the 5th paragraph.

So which is it? The unlimited mentioned in the Q&A section of the FAQ page, or the "four nights" text in the small print on both of those pages.

Those texts are in complete contradiction to each other, so it's hard to tell which is correct. And it's always been unlimited before.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

accidental duplicate post -- can be deleted

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 13, 2024 at 4:31 pm Reason: accidental duplicate post
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:24 pm

They had a cap on a promotion years ago.

Like way back when I first started a travel job, but the outcry was pretty bad then, but old habits and all that...
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:50 pm

We appreciate your point of view and feedback. If you need assistance concerning our current promotion, please don't hesitate to send us a private message with the full name, email, and phone number linked to your account. Thank you; regards, -Mei

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89
They had a cap on a promotion years ago.

Like way back when I first started a travel job, but the outcry was pretty bad then, but old habits and all that...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
We appreciate your point of view and feedback. If you need assistance concerning our current promotion, please don't hesitate to send us a private message with the full name, email, and phone number linked to your account. Thank you; regards, -Mei
Why a private message if it's about a public promotion which applies to everyone?

Why can't you just tell us whether the limit on 4 award earned really applies this promotion period, or whether that's an error, given that FAQ page Q&A part says it's unlimited, though the fine print part below all the Q&As says that it's 4 awards only?
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:44 pm

Your inquiry is understandable. Please know members can only earn the promo offer up to 4 times. You can check this information and all terms & conditions at https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...s-get-one-free. However, as you may know, our inbox is open if you'd like us to review your records. Warmly, -Mei

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why a private message if it's about a public promotion which applies to everyone?

Why can't you just tell us whether the limit on 4 award earned really applies this promotion period, or whether that's an error, given that FAQ page Q&A part says it's unlimited, though the fine print part below all the Q&As says that it's 4 awards only?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
post cancelled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.