Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:20 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Hi, there. It is disappointing to know you are having problems redeeming your Gift Card. We know it is significant for you to receive the benefits when participating in our promotions. To redeem promotional Gift Cards, please log into your online profile. Then look for the option to redeem points, select Gift or rewards cards, and choose promotional gift cards. It is necessary to mention that Gift Card Retailers are Bass Pro, Lowe’s, Amazon, Visa, and Shell. So, you will need to choose Gift Cards from these options only. Should you continue having problems, feel free to call our Member Services line at (888) 770-6800, and one of our representatives will be glad to assist you. Regards, -Mei

Originally Posted by Mbethy
I stayed two qualifying nights but did not earn enough points to order a $50 gift card. I just received an email from Choice that states "Congratulations you've earned a $50 gift card." When I click thru the email to the website, all the rewards are 16,000 points. What am I missing? Is there a number I can call for customer service? Thanks!

MAKE SUMMER MORE REWARDING
Register now and complete 2 separate qualifying stays between June 6 and August 1, 2022, to earn enough points for a $50 gift or reward card! Choose from popular restaurants and retailers across the country, including Lowe’s®, Amazon.com®, Visa Reward Card, Bass Pro Shops and Shell.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mbethy
When I click thru the email to the website, all the rewards are 16,000 points. What am I missing?
When you click thru the email to the website, that doesn't log you in. You have to be logged in to see the reduced awards, because they're only available to those who qualified for them, and they can't tell if you qualified for them if you haven't logged in.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
Sep 1, it's time for the FALL PROMOTION. Where are you Choice?

How 'bout: 2 stays for 10K points - that'd be fair, 8K is tooooo low with recent point inflation!

I want to make my Fall bookings.

Last edited by DCABarry; Sep 1, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:26 pm

Hello, Barry. We appreciate your interest in our deals and hope you take advantage of them. Currently, we do not have a new promotion. Nevertheless, we will let you know as soon as we have it for you to register and continue enjoying our program. Stay tuned at our website www.choicehotels.com, mobile app, and our customer service by phone for our upcoming promotions! -Kathy

Originally Posted by DCABarry

How 'bout: 2 stays for 10K points - that'd be fair, 8K is tooooo low with recent point inflation!

Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you scroll back in this thread to around September of each each pre-Covid year, you'll see that the start time of the fall promo varied quite a bit from year to year. The latest is started in recent years was on September 21. But of course since each year was different, there's no reason to expect this year to be a repeat of any previous year..

Meanwhile be careful what you wish for. Some years during Covid they did promos that only worked once. What if they did 2 stays for 10k points, but only once, instead of 2 stays for 8k points an "unlimited" number of times you can earn that during the promo period (well, actually limited to the number of days in the promo period divided by 2 ), Would that really be better?

And what point inflation are you talking about? Hotels that I stay at repeatedly are still offering stays for the same number of points at the same time last year and the year before. Obviously, the number of points needed varies from season to season at many hotels, but if it repeats from one year to the next with the same number of points at the same time of year, that's not point inflation, is it? And specifically, when many of those hotels had their cash rates go up this summer (due to "revenge travel" demand), the points rates didn't go up from they were last summer.
general45 likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 3, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you scroll back in this thread to around September of each each pre-Covid year, you'll see that the start time of the fall promo varied quite a bit from year to year. The latest is started in recent years was on September 21. But of course since each year was different, there's no reason to expect this year to be a repeat of any previous year..

Meanwhile be careful what you wish for. Some years during Covid they did promos that only worked once. What if they did 2 stays for 10k points, but only once, instead of 2 stays for 8k points an "unlimited" number of times you can earn that during the promo period (well, actually limited to the number of days in the promo period divided by 2 ), Would that really be better?

And what point inflation are you talking about? Hotels that I stay at repeatedly are still offering stays for the same number of points at the same time last year and the year before. Obviously, the number of points needed varies from season to season at many hotels, but if it repeats from one year to the next with the same number of points at the same time of year, that's not point inflation, is it? And specifically, when many of those hotels had their cash rates go up this summer (due to "revenge travel" demand), the points rates didn't go up from they were last summer.
Although I agree that any change from the 2 stays, 8K promo would likely be bad, it is true that many Choice properties are now pushing 20K and above for redemption where several years ago, 20K was the very top end of the redemption range. I'm still happy with the status quo, but there has been some inflation in certain cities and at certain properties. The Orlando Choice Hotel & Suites at the Florida Medical Center north of downtown was 16K my last stay there in December 2019; I now find that hotel regularly at 25K.

As always, YMMV. I'd still consider the Choice 8K promo as more generous than the promotions most of the other chains offer, especially since IHG dropped the Accelerate promos.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
The Orlando Choice Hotel & Suites at the Florida Medical Center north of downtown was 16K my last stay there in December 2019; I now find that hotel regularly at 25K.
I don't know what exact hotel you're talking about. There is no "Choice Hotel & Suites" brand. And according to Google, there's nothing exactly called "Florida Medical Center" in or very near Orlando (there's one in Winter Haven, but with no Choice hotels near it).

There's a Comfort Suites Downtown (not Hotel & Suites) near the Florida Medical Plaza, and there's a Florida Medical Group north of downtown with a Quality Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area somewhat near it.

So are you sure you're even looking at the some hotel? One of them is still 16K, and the other is 25K on weekends (but 20K on weekdays). Of course I have no way of looking up how they were priced back in December 2019.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I don't know what exact hotel you're talking about. There is no "Choice Hotel & Suites" brand. And according to Google, there's nothing exactly called "Florida Medical Center" in or very near Orlando (there's one in Winter Haven, but with no Choice hotels near it).

There's a Comfort Suites Downtown (not Hotel & Suites) near the Florida Medical Plaza, and there's a Florida Medical Group north of downtown with a Quality Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area somewhat near it.

So are you sure you're even looking at the some hotel? One of them is still 16K, and the other is 25K on weekends (but 20K on weekdays). Of course I have no way of looking up how they were priced back in December 2019.
Same hotel, poor description on my part. The current hospital name is Advent but was previously under another name. I've stayed at this hotel several times, including during the 2019 visit I mentioned, picking the hotel as an alternative to the Winter Park Quality Inn that was my previous preferred location and that has declined rapidly in recent years. While the hotel is currently 20K weekdays, it now rises to 25K during my likely times in Orlando, with trips before the pandemic at 16K.

Of course, post-pandemic hotel demand has lifted cash prices in many cities, causing award prices to rise as well so maybe if prices subside, we'll see the points price drop too.

Despite any errors in my earlier post, the general point remains true: there are a number of hotels now in the 25-30K range, a trend that began before the pandemic. And while that trend may weaken the value of the "two stays, 8K" promotion, I still find the Choice promotion more appealing than a lot of Marriott promotions that throw an extra 2-3K your way for hotels that rarely cost less than 25K.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Although I agree that any change from the 2 stays, 8K promo would likely be bad, it is true that many Choice properties are now pushing 20K and above for redemption where several years ago, 20K was the very top end of the redemption range. I'm still happy with the status quo, but there has been some inflation in certain cities and at certain properties. The Orlando Choice Hotel & Suites at the Florida Medical Center north of downtown was 16K my last stay there in December 2019; I now find that hotel regularly at 25K.

As always, YMMV. I'd still consider the Choice 8K promo as more generous than the promotions most of the other chains offer, especially since IHG dropped the Accelerate promos.
One of my "go to" properties, Clarion Miami Airport, in the last 5 years was 12K, and some seasons 16K any night. Now it's 16/20 and 20/25 depending on weekdays/weekends and time of year. One SMALL example.

There is certainly a fair amount of "point inflation" across the board. And a 8K promo is a bit disingenuous when the say "buy one night, get one free" while true, is a bit of marketing deception, IMO.
Choice would serve all of us better if it was 2 stays/10K points - helping themselves by increased patronage. With paultry reward amounts, folks are more likely to "shop around."
Just sayin'!

Last edited by DCABarry; Sep 13, 2022 at 4:55 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:32 pm

Hello, there. We thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our promotions. We understand how important are the rewards points, and we will be sending your comments to our specialized team for improvements with upcoming promotions. If my team and I can further assist you, feel free to reach out to us. We hope you have a great day.

Fernando
Customer Care

One of my "go to" properties, Clarion Miami Airport, in the last 5 years was 12K, and some seasons 16K any night. Now it's 16/20 and 20/25 depending on weekdays/weekends and time of year. One SMALL example.

There is certainly a fair amount of "point inflation" across the board. And a 8K promo is a bit disingenuous when the say "buy one night, get one free" while true, is a bit of marketing deception, IMO.
Choice would serve all of us better if it was 2 stays/10K points - helping themselves by increased patronage. With paultry reward amounts, folks are more likely to "shop around."
Just sayin'!
DCABarry likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:44 am

It is not just an increase in points. A Quality Inn I've frequented for more than 10 years not only has gone up but the "Low end" used to be in the winter 5 or 6 months now is only December and January 12K and the other 10 months are 20K.

What is the advertisement? Free night at X amount of locations? Sure....that 8K will cover the point increase on stay 10 months out of the year.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And a 8K promo is a bit disingenuous when the say "buy one night, get one free" while true, is a bit of marketing deception, IMO.
All hotel programs that say you can earn a "free night" always mean the lowest free night rewards that are out there.

At least Choice still has some nice hotels at 8000 points in Tokyo, for example.

Wyndham Rewards also advertises "free night' when they mean 7500 points, but the only 7500 point hotels anyone knows about in the Wyndham Rewards program are junky hotels.

And while there are some decent hotels at certain times of year on certain days of the week in many places in the US at 12K points (just 50% more than 8000), Wyndham Rewards next points level is 15000 (100% more than 7500).

And finally, while most Choice promotions that let you earn a "free night" let you repeat the earning multiple times through the promo period, Wyndham promos typically only lets you earn once in such "free night" promos. So you can't use one promo to earn enough points for a 15k free at Wyndham, but you can earn you points for a 16k free night at Choice, because of the repeating nature of the Choice "free night" promos.

So be careful what you wish for. To me, maintaining the repeating nature of the promo is much more important than tiny tinkering with the point level (but then getting rid of the repeating nature).
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:15 pm

Smile

All hotel programs that say you can earn a "free night" always mean the lowest free night rewards that are out there.

At least Choice still has some nice hotels at 8000 points in Tokyo, for example.

So be careful what you wish for. To me, maintaining the repeating nature of the promo is much more important than tiny tinkering with the point level (but then getting rid of the repeating nature).
Good to know about Tokyo.

Still, all these Hotel programs that offer "one night free" are committing a marketing fraud of sorts - and it IS "disingenuous"/phony baloney IMO. The full truth would be better.

I take you points as good ones and "be careful what you wish for" is a valid concern. 8K points - with the increasing point requirements throughout the Choice system (maybe not everywhere and there are still some good value plays out there - is just a low-ball IMO.) 10K would be better for a 2, 1 night stays.

The more recent Choice promos just don't motivate me like in the past. (With higher prices all around!)
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still, all these Hotel programs that offer "one night free" are committing a marketing fraud of sorts - and it IS "disingenuous"/phony baloney IMO. The full truth would be better.
It's not just hotel programs, it's the whole travel industry. I've seen airline credit cards that would say you get a "free flight" because you're getting 25000 miles which is the "saver" award cost for a domestic round-trip flight in the lower 48 states.

Anyway, I think the fine details of the promo are perhaps a misplaced worry. My bigger worry is that it smells as if the fall 8K (or more) promo period may be gone again this year. It's already October 1, and there's no news of a fall promo (and the previous links for the promos don't resolve). I don't think a fall promo that earned 8K (or more) has ever started this late. So they may go back to just double points (which for 1 night stays is typically a lot less than 8K), like they did late last year for only about about one month.
DCABarry likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:35 pm

It's not just hotel programs, it's the whole travel industry. I've seen airline credit cards that would say you get a "free flight" because you're getting 25000 miles which is the "saver" award cost for a domestic round-trip flight in the lower 48 states.

Anyway, I think the fine details of the promo are perhaps a misplaced worry. My bigger worry is that it smells as if the fall 8K (or more) promo period may be gone again this year. It's already October 1, and there's no news of a fall promo (and the previous links for the promos don't resolve). I don't think a fall promo that earned 8K (or more) has ever started this late. So they may go back to just double points (which for 1 night stays is typically a lot less than 8K), like they did late last year for only about about one month.
Hello, there. Thank you for your inquiry regarding our promotions. Kindly know that the promotion going on is the Fall Escapes promo, 'Save 20% on 2+ nights', which is effective from September 07th to November 22nd, 2022. The fall limited time promotion offers our guests a 20 percent discount off a 2-night stay off the Regular Rate when booking at least seven days before the arrival date. Besides that, the 2022 Members Only Madness special promotion will be taking place, starting on November 14th to November 18th, where you can take advantage of multiple benefits each day. However, we have not launched the details yet; for this reason, our website is not updated, and it may still show information about our current promotion. Please keep an eye on our website for any upcoming updates. Remember that you need to book centrally: at www.choicehotels.com, the Mobile App, or through our reservation center at 800-521-2121. I hope this information helps. Regards, -Vilma

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.