Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by scott_w
I Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
  • Stay 3 times, earn 8,000 points
  • Stay 5 times, earn 15,000 points
  • Stay 8 times, earn 25,000 points
  • Stay 1 time at a Cambria hotel, earn 2,000 points

Bonus points are in addition to the base points earned from a qualifying stay(s). The maximum number of bonus points awarded to an individual member will not exceed 41,000 points during the promotional period.
I only have a PhD in Applied Math so I'm finding it difficult to work out how any individual member can earn 41000 bonus points. I suppose if I had done a PhD in languages I could work out for myself that none of the bonus point awards do in fact exceed 41000pts and therefore the Ts+Cs are perfectly consistent.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Apr 5, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I only have a PhD in Applied Math so I'm finding it difficult to work out how any individual member can earn 41000 bonus points.
The Cambria bonus works up to 8 times, so up to 16,000 points there.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by jebr
The Cambria bonus works up to 8 times, so up to 16,000 points there.
So I really need a PhD in contract law and to read the fine print
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: Choice, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton, Wyndham, Delta, American, United, Jet Blue, SWA
Choice Spring Promo 2021 - big fail

Originally Posted by jebr
Thanks - I didn't even see that in my email box. Nice to see that it's on top of normal earnings. I have 3 stays currently with Wyndham that would earn 9,500 bonus points with them - a true 8,000 point bonus might be enough to switch, though I don't know if I can finesse enough stays out to get the higher bonuses (without a vehicle for the longer stay hotel hopping is quite annoying.)
I never got an email with this announcement.

CHOICE, we have had a pandemic and the last YEAR has been awful for travelers ("would be" in my case.) I can't imagine things are good for CHOICE or your properties here in early 2021. And you come out with a program that is lesser than in past years.

This 8K points for three stays is counterproductive to your goal of increased stays. It's virtually a reduction of points of 1/3 over previous promotions. 8 stays should be AT LEAST 32K points. No strings attached. This program is more complicated and completely stingy! The Choice management needs to up the reward for 2 stays at 10K each since you have consistently raised the points required at many, many properties.

I'm NOT motivated. You are moving backwards. Pass that on to the bosses in Rockville.

Your Friend, DCABarry
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:12 am

Agreed. I have an upcoming one week trip and had they stuck with the two stays = 8000 points I would have booked a second Choice stay, as I have one booked on this trip. But I am not booking two separate additional stays, so I am staying at a Wyndham property instead.
DCABarry likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Plus, Wyndham's bonus is 7500 points for 3 *consecutive* nights! In contrast to Choice's 8000 for 3 stays.

Last edited by Brendan; Apr 10, 2021 at 1:46 pm Reason: Touche', Jebr!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Plus, Wyndham's bonus is 7500 points for 3 nights! In contrast to Choice's 8000 for 3 stays.
Wyndham's 7,500 point bonus is for 3 consecutive nights. Staying for 1 night at 3 different locations would only get 3,000 bonus points for Wyndham, but 8,000 bonus points for Choice. Both of the promos appear to be on top of normal earnings, so any differences there would likely be relatively small.

If you can get the right number of short stays, Choice has the better promo. But if you're staying at one place for a long time, or you're not sure you can get at least 3 shorter stays, Wyndham's is likely better (unless you're staying somewhere for 5+ nights and want to hotel hop every night.)
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:24 am

I just can't get over how awful the promos Choice and Wyndham have run through all this are. I have done nothing but redemptions with Choice since before the holidays - this one is finally roughly equivalent to pre-plague, but the requiring a specific number of stays instead of any even number was a dealbreaker.

If I'd done eight stays for ~$500, I'd have gotten my old normal - about $200 rebate, for a true cost of ~$35 a night. Instead, I'm staying at Hyatt for $100 a night, earning ~$50 a night back in points, free night promo, and suite upgrade certificates. It's a larger buy in, but the properties are significantly better and Hyatt has been treating me very, very well.

I might have done some choice stays with the old 8k points promo, but no way was I committing myself to eight. Good riddance, I guess!
DCABarry likes this.

Last edited by synergistic; Apr 14, 2021 at 10:42 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
I just can't get over how awful the promos Choice and Wyndham have run through all this are. I have done nothing but redemptions with Choice since before the holidays - this one is finally roughly equivalent to pre-plague, but the requiring a specific number of stays instead of any even number was a dealbreaker.
I do wonder if Choice and Wyndham are doing somewhat better than the higher-end chains because they can rely more on leisure bookings - both have lots of hotels geared towards road trips and leisure travel, which is rebounding more quickly than business travel. The lower buy-ins also likely appeal to those wanting to do a staycation - get a different set of four walls around them, at least.

As for Hyatt in particular, their pricing is still too high for my travel budget, plus they don't have hotels in a lot of areas that I regularly book in. I'm planning to visit family this weekend and Hyatt literally has zero options within two hours of where I want to be, while Wyndham has a few hotels within 15-30 minutes and Choice has a couple as well. I don't travel enough to get useful points in tons of programs, so I've focused on Choice and Wyndham lately, with some Hilton points thrown in as well. Wyndham's a bit on the fence for me - their 4 year hard point expiry is frustrating, and my travel patterns and hotel standards make Choice overall generally better, but there's still just enough value for me with Wyndham that I still monitor their promotions and try and earn a few points here and there with them.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation the points for the Spring Elite Promo post separately from any stay

The points for this promo:

www.choicehotels.com/promo/choice-privileges/spring-elite-promo

unlike other promos, are not posting with the stay. They're posting separately, but that means you have to look in a different place to see them.

You have to go to My Account, scroll down past the stays list to My Statements, and click the View button for the current quarter to find them. In my case, I did 3 stays so far (the last one 4/20-4/21), and in the Statement popup Points Adjustment section (at the bottom of the popup) it says:

4/22/2021
2021 Stay X times deals
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I received my bonus points after my 5th and 8th stays almost immediately after the stays posted. I have fully taken advantage of the current Best Western, Choice, and Wyndham promotions. I am officially a free agent and tending towards redeeming points until new promotions come out.
Old May 18, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
It's back! Stay Twice. Earn a $50 Gift Card.

Stay Twice.
Earn a $50 Gift Card. Sunshine is calling, and we’re sweetening your summer vacation plans with a special offer. When you complete 2 separate qualifying stays between May 24 and July 11, 2021, you’ll earn enough points to redeem for a $50 gift card!* Choose from Amazon.com®, Visa®, Lowe’s®, Best Buy®, Bass Pro Shop®, Applebee’s® and other popular brands. Register now to start earning.

http://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/promo/gift-card

Last edited by n dakota; May 18, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Old May 18, 2021, 2:01 pm

Hooray, thank you! I've been worried that Choice had given up on this style of promo. Bringing it back with the gift card option is great news for me. I don't have much desire to accumulate more Choice points, but I'll take a $50 visa for two single night stays for sure. That's right on par with the Wyndham 2k for every single night offering. Nice to have my options back!
n dakota and DCABarry like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:03 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by synergistic
Hooray, thank you! I've been worried that Choice had given up on this style of promo. Bringing it back with the gift card option is great news for me. I don't have much desire to accumulate more Choice points, but I'll take a $50 visa for two single night stays for sure. That's right on par with the Wyndham 2k for every single night offering. Nice to have my options back!
We're glad to know that you'll take advantage of our upcoming promotion. Choice Hotel's goal is to provide extra benefits every time you stay at our brands. Remember, you can reach us through private message if any question comes up. Regards, Zaira.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:17 am

(delete)

Last edited by mtbiker99; May 21, 2021 at 4:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.