Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Current China Entry policy

Current China Entry policy

Old May 11, 20, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu View Post
I don't think BYD name on contract.
Company..Bear Mtn

California lawmakers plan to probe why state officials wired half a billion dollars for masks to a medical supply company that had existed for just three days,
So these are all BYD stuffs??

Last edited by garykung; May 11, 20 at 3:16 am
Old May 11, 20, 5:08 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
I would have an army of people go over to china to babysit this deal.

Very complicated..a mad rush to get masks.
http://www.mercurynews.com/newsom-welcomes-new-partners-in-coronavirus-supply-deals-federal-investigators

I

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 11, 20 at 5:57 am
Old May 12, 20, 11:01 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Bloomberg cited Mofcom inviting certain MNC senior executives to apply to enter China with self-quarantine.
Plus Germany managed to secure a charter flight of senior executives to enter China without quarantine (provided they had been tested in German hospitals before departure) ???? i-CABLE - ????????????????
Old May 13, 20, 9:02 am

They must obtain a hospital health certificate before departure, and they do not need to be quarantined after entry.
Old May 13, 20, 7:12 pm

The Hong Kong Visa Centre seems to be open again, for those who meet the criteria discussed above. Another sign of a gradual move towards re-opening.
Old May 13, 20, 7:58 pm

My visa agent in Shanghai said he heard from his contacts at the entry/exit to expect a gradual easing of restrictions after June. Of course its rumors and innuendo but anything now moving in that direction is positive. Id imagine first opening will be between the SARs and the mainland, then a travel bubble amongst Asian countries and maybe NZ/OZ. Opening up to the USA/EU will take longer.
Old May 14, 20, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by travelinmanS View Post
My visa agent in Shanghai said he heard from his contacts at the entry/exit to expect a gradual easing of restrictions after June. Of course its rumors and innuendo but anything now moving in that direction is positive. Id imagine first opening will be between the SARs and the mainland, then a travel bubble amongst Asian countries and maybe NZ/OZ. Opening up to the USA/EU will take longer.
I really wonder what's going to happen if some US states succeed in controlling this while it's still out of control in others AND the states that have it under control (i.e. Hawaii) put mandatory quarantines on anyone coming from the states where it's still out of control. I wonder if we'd see different requirements only for people coming from states where SARS-CoV-2 has been eliminated from community transmission.
Old May 14, 20, 2:15 pm

That's precisely the situation now. Texas imposes home quarantine on air arrivals from several states and cities.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/covidtravel/

Hawaii quarantines all arrivals from outside Hawaii.

http://www.hawaiitourismauthority.or...l-coronavirus/
Old May 14, 20, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134 View Post
I really wonder what's going to happen if some US states succeed in controlling this while it's still out of control in others AND the states that have it under control (i.e. Hawaii) put mandatory quarantines on anyone coming from the states where it's still out of control. I wonder if we'd see different requirements only for people coming from states where SARS-CoV-2 has been eliminated from community transmission.
Border quarantines work. Of course easier to enforce if your territory is an island. Like Taiwan and Hawaii. I recall In China villages set up their own citizen enforced secure areas. Never heard of that in US...I suppose if your roads are private not a problem.

Hawaii has only reported 634 cases, according to Johns Hopkins University's tracker, making it the state with the smallest outbreak aside from Alaska.
Old May 14, 20, 10:16 pm

Border quarantines work. Of course easier to enforce if your territory is an island. Like Taiwan and Hawaii. I recall In China villages set up their own citizen enforced secure areas. Never heard of that in US...I suppose if your roads are private not a problem.

Hawaii has only reported 634 cases, according to Johns Hopkins University's tracker, making it the state with the smallest outbreak aside from Alaska.
And Hong Kong (so far) https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...avirus/611524/
Old May 14, 20, 10:50 pm

Hong Kong

That's the most effective way to prevent your household, neighborhood, city, state, or country from infection....close down the borders immediately.

When the government refused at first to close the border with mainland China, more than 7,000 medical workers went on an unprecedented strike, demanding border closures and PPE for hospital workers.
Some of the signals to the government were decidedly more confrontational. Through Telegram channels, anti-epidemic actions were threatened if the government did not respond to the virus by closing down borders. Explosives were discovered at border checkpoints between mainland China and Hong Kong, and flaming objects were thrown at the train tracks connecting the two countries. When the government hastily set up quarantine centers in dense neighborhoods without consulting the people who lived nearby, Molotov cocktails engulfed their (empty) lobbies,
Old May 14, 20, 11:06 pm

When you have a national/internal border to close, that's quickest.

Last edited by percysmith; May 15, 20 at 12:56 am
Old May 14, 20, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
When you have a nationa/internal border to close, that's quickest.
US shut down all air travel on 9/11..
Never Forget.
Every captain knows when there's a storm on the horizon "close the hatch"

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 14, 20 at 11:25 pm
Old May 15, 20, 12:58 am

US shut down all air travel on 9/11..
Never Forget.
Every captain knows when there's a storm on the horizon "close the hatch"
Some do close too quickly

HK learnt to give two days' notice of any closure, so not to cause a surge before the cutoff.
Old May 15, 20, 6:22 am

HK distance from source 0 miles
deaths 4
US distance from source 7200 miles
deaths 86,000

mind boggling

Search this Thread