Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Current China Entry policy

Current China Entry policy

Old Nov 20, 22, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kickr View Post
The only scenario I can think of that makes sense where you'd need quarantine centers for 250,000 people is if you're going to practically let everyone enter / travel "freely" with the exception that if you test positive (so testing will continue, although the methodology for testing is still unsure, maybe a mandatory test every X days) you must quarantine.

I guess one other scenario that "could" make sense is if you plan on being much more loose about sending people to quarantine (i.e.: "you were within 10km of a confirmed case, you must go to quarantine")
复兴岛 is going to evolve into a shopping mall within 3 years. (This is pure speculation, but I am willing to bet on it.)
Old Nov 20, 22, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Building that enormous new quarantine facility there is entirely consistent with "letting it rip". In fact, we're getting one here in Shanghai (on Fuxing Island) as well.
That doesn't sound like letting it rip, if they were going to do that there would be no reason for a facility. It sounds like they're going to try to continue the game of testing and isolating those that test positive.
gudugan likes this.
Old Nov 21, 22, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Shijiazhuang just locked down so much for less mass testing
Old Nov 21, 22, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
That doesn't sound like letting it rip, if they were going to do that there would be no reason for a facility. It sounds like they're going to try to continue the game of testing and isolating those that test positive.
If you test positive, you will be sent there.
Old Nov 22, 22, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
If you test positive, you will be sent there.
But that's not letting it rip.

Perhaps they are going to drop the quarantine but that's not the same thing as doing nothing.
Old Nov 22, 22, 10:15 pm

From my post a few days ago about letting it rip until now there has been a lot of change, definitely backtracking on the opening up and instead cracking down harder in the battle between Xi Jinpings China against the deadly Covid virus.

Based on the way this is going Id advise anyone to avoid coming here in the near future until we see who wins out, ideology or nature. The risk of getting stuck or locked down is increasing day by day and I pushed up a trip to Southeast Asia by a few days in hopes of avoiding being stuck here.
Old Nov 23, 22, 5:44 am

Meanwhile, you're hard pressed to find any accomodation in Singapore.

Guess the PAP really should send a "Thank you" letter to Beijing.
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
BEIJING!

I am THAT far out of the city center, we don't usually get the most harsh Covid measures.....just today, however,
our apartment building has started checking for the health code (first time in months and months), and the health code
is now checked at work by "snow men" not the usual security guards.
If they're taking these measures out here,...well, it don't look to rosy!
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
BEIJING!

I am THAT far out of the city center, we don't usually get the most harsh Covid measures.....just today, however,
our apartment building has started checking for the health code (first time in months and months), and the health code
is now checked at work by "snow men" not the usual security guards.
If they're taking these measures out here,...well, it don't look to rosy!
We had actual police officers in my compound for about three days during April. Those guys were way more intense than snowmen, but my "need to hit the ATM" excuse still worked.
joesk likes this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 8:00 am

We had actual police officers in my compound for about three days during April. Those guys were way more intense than snowmen, but my "need to hit the ATM" excuse still worked.
Even THEY understand the need for money! lol
joesk and gudugan like this.
Old Nov 27, 22, 11:38 pm

Exciting times!
Old Nov 28, 22, 12:55 am

Someone in China still using paper money? They must have thought moondog is a tourist
Old Nov 28, 22, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Someone in China still using paper money? They must have thought moondog is a tourist
The main reason I go to ATMs is to move money from one bank account to another. The cash, aside from whatever I decide to tip the gaurd(s), doesn't actually leave the ATM booth, but I do physically hold it for about thirty seconds.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Nov 28, 22, 2:09 am

...to move money from one bank account to another.
There's an APP for that!
Old Nov 28, 22, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
There's an APP for that!
IME banks and banking apps often like to know the name of the recipient, and Chinese banks can be really anal on the syntax front. But, I never get asked for my name by machines when they have my cards.

Search this Thread