Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

One day in Shanghai

One day in Shanghai

Old Apr 13, 19, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
The bus between PVG and SHA is not courtesy bus, but it also requires a lot less time and patience than Line 2. I just took one of the buses this evening, and can confirm that there is no sort of security check performed.
I meant the bus between T1 and T2 at SHA. You had recommended taking the Metro line 2 as a way to avoid it. Iíve got the impression here that itís a real hassle.
Do we need cash to get on? 2 yuan each?

Thanks for confirming that the direct bus from the SHA domestic terminal (T2) to PVG doesnít involve an X Ray screen or security search.
Is it about 30 yuan each? We will need to get some currency out (was way too easy to spend on our last visit!)
Old Apr 13, 19, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LapLap View Post
I meant the bus between T1 and T2 at SHA. You had recommended taking the Metro line 2 as a way to avoid it. Iíve got the impression here that itís a real hassle.
Do we need cash to get on? 2 yuan each?
Where does SHA T1 come into play? Are you flying into PVG and out of SHA T1?

If so, I'd be strongly tempted to simply take a taxi or Didi the entire way. Neither bus 1 nor Line 2 serves SHA T1.
Old Apr 14, 19, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Where does SHA T1 come into play? Are you flying into PVG and out of SHA T1?

If so, I'd be strongly tempted to simply take a taxi or Didi the entire way. Neither bus 1 nor Line 2 serves SHA T1.
We're flying into SHA T1 and need to get to T2 in order to get the bus to PVG.
Metro isn't an option full stop as the security would prohibit us taking our bags.
We are not interested in taking a taxi (saw a car overturn right in front of us - spectacularly - yesterday. My heart still races remembering it. That did not dispel my anti car position.)
I understand there is a T1 to T2 bus service and that it might be 2 yuan. Not certain if a security check is needed to board it. I'd guess no.
Old Apr 14, 19, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap View Post
We're flying into SHA T1 and need to get to T2 in order to get the bus to PVG.
Metro isn't an option full stop as the security would prohibit us taking our bags.
We are not interested in taking a taxi (saw a car overturn right in front of us - spectacularly - yesterday. My heart still races remembering it. That did not dispel my anti car position.)
I understand there is a T1 to T2 bus service and that it might be 2 yuan. Not certain if a security check is needed to board it. I'd guess no.
Yeah I can understand your aversion to taxis. A CEO died just last Tuesday on the way to SHA, though it may have been a private car rather than a taxi.

Anyway, the courtesy bus has no security check. However, it only runs every 30 minutes so you'll need to factor that into your schedule.
LapLap likes this.
Old Apr 14, 19, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tauphi View Post
Yeah I can understand your aversion to taxis. A CEO died just last Tuesday on the way to SHA, though it may have been a private car rather than a taxi.

Anyway, the courtesy bus has no security check. However, it only runs every 30 minutes so you'll need to factor that into your schedule.
​​​​​​...and the number 1 bus runs every 20 minutes. One would think they sync schedules, but I wouldn't bet on it.
LapLap likes this.