FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai Metro - Line 2 Direct
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 11:23 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like using public transport when visiting cities. I don’t know a better introduction into who lives in those areas and who they “are”. Line 2 was a fascinating experience, both at 7am on a Monday heading into town from PVG and at 2pm heading back.

Two weeks later we had saws and other potentially dangerous tools in our luggage that barred us from the Metro. The bus between SHA and PVG in the rain was a real eye opener.
Sitting up, from a high vantage point, I got to see a lot of drivers. In particular, I got to see a LOT of drivers, at speed, and also turning challenging corners, doing so one handed whilst in deep conversation on their cell phones, or worse, fiddling with the displays.
The bus was fine (would do it again) - it’s a beast of a vehicle. It also veered from lane to lane, charging through the downpour like it was being filmed for a Mad Max movie. Was very, VERY glad not to be in any kind of car.
Will be sure to never again take tools in our luggage if we ever have to change airports at Shanghai.
The Metro went even higher in my preferred mode of transport list after the bus transfer.