Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong [Merged PVG connection thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong [Merged PVG connection thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the info on Motel 168 and Ease Hotel guys, but since I will have about six hours in my hotel room, I am preferring the hourly place if it is still an option.

So info on the hourly hotel is what I am keen on.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:55 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by ThereAndBackAgain
Thanks for the info on Motel 168 and Ease Hotel guys, but since I will have about six hours in my hotel room, I am preferring the hourly place if it is still an option.

IIRC Motel 168 does hourly. In the alternative their daily rate is still cheap.
Also I recall in T2 an hourly club, with private relaxation rooms. Could not
get any info on that T2 club, when there, as they were sort of tight lipped.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ThereAndBackAgain

168 will not break your bank, even at the nightly rate.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
A few of my staff prefer those two hotels on the way back to the UK, I think one night is about 350-450 RMB, not bad at all.

You literally walk 5 minutes to the terminal next morning, very convenient.

I think only PEK has hourly rate facility in T2 basement level, next to KFC etc. PVG never had hourly rate hotel built inside.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
I think only PEK has hourly rate facility in T2 basement level, next to KFC etc. PVG never had hourly rate hotel built inside.
I do think PVG T1 at least used to have and maybe still features such a hotel. Entry with departure ticket only.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:53 pm

Don't recall every seeing an hourly hotel at PVG T1, since day 1.
However T2 on departure level airside, there is a private club/entity
that appears to have, by the hour rooms. Some type of members only
facility, FME not laowai friendly.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Don't recall every seeing an hourly hotel at PVG T1, since day 1.
Arrivals level, entrance gate to airside area next to the business centre if I remember correctly.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
Arrivals level, entrance gate to airside area next to the business centre if I remember correctly.
Here's link to an 09 posting on the subject.
Can't find any more info on the pvg t1 hourly rooms.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...ort-hotel.html
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I haven't tried it but my information is three star hotel at PVG on transfer level of terminal building. Possible but not required reservations: 021-68346480 from a domestic phone or 021-68346490 internationally. The result of a google search so YMMV.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Need to pick up luggage at PVG or not for international to domestic transit?

International arrival from Japan to PVG on NH; then connecting with CA domestic flight. Does one need to pick up checked luggage to clear custom and then recheck in with CA domestic?

Is NH arrival at PVG in the same terminal as CA domestic flights? If not, does one need to get on the shuttle bus or if are they connected with walk way?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
International arrival from Japan to PVG on NH; then connecting with CA domestic flight. Does one need to pick up checked luggage to clear custom and then recheck in with CA domestic?

Is NH arrival at PVG in the same terminal as CA domestic flights? If not, does one need to get on the shuttle bus or if are they connected with walk way?

Thanks!
It's the same terminal, so no need for a shuttle bus, but some of CA's domestic gates are amazingly far away. You can take a golf cart down to them for free if you are star gold and/or holding a premium ticket. Otherwise, the cost is only y10/pp. You will definitely need to pick and recheck your luggage upstairs.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by moondog
It's the same terminal, so no need for a shuttle bus, but some of CA's domestic gates are amazingly far away. You can take a golf cart down to them for free if you are star gold and/or holding a premium ticket. Otherwise, the cost is only y10/pp. You will definitely need to pick and recheck your luggage upstairs.
Thanks for the info!
Old May 5, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Five hours in Shanghai

I have an upcoming 5hr connection this month at PVG. I am hoping to go through immigration, take the maglev to the metro to people's square and walk along Nanjing Road to the Nanjing metro and head back to the airport.

Will I have time to do this? I might be able to turn that 5 hours into 6, would that matter? Not looking to spend more than an hour strolling in Shanghai, and to me the public transportation is just as fun as the sightseeing so I don't mind all the riding.

This would be on a Sunday arriving PVG at 430pm.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My instinct is no, but details would help.

Will you be entering China as transit without visa? Will you already have boarding passes for your next flight? Will luggage be checked through? Will you need to find a place to store and later retrieve hand luggage? Are you flying in premium cabins? Do you have FF status that entitles you to use elite lines? Have you used the Maglev and subways before? Can you read and speak Chinese?

In March when I entered at PVG late in the evening as transit without visa, landing to Maglev, including luggage claim but I was in business class, took about an hour and a half.
Old May 5, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I will be TWOV. I expect I will already have connecting BP (single reservation CX HKG-PVG to AA PVG-LAX). Luggage will be checked through. I will have a backpack so I should be able to bring that along. First flight Y, second flight J. I am OW emerald. Have never been to China nor know any Chinese.

Did the TWOV process take a particularly long time or was the line long?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.