Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:28 pm

It's not like Mr. Gilbert opened up his laptop's web browser to the following site:

http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf

Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
Originally Posted by mikemey
I'm reading this and I'm shaking with fury.

When are we going to storm Washington DC and take back our country? When are we lighting the torches, marching with our pitchforks, and saying enough is enough?
Whenever the FT rally is scheduled. I've got a direct to DCA
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:08 pm

Thanks for posting this

I am going to download Air Crash Investigations/Mayday and watch it on my laptop with sound on and see what happens. Or if I watch Airline or other episodes about airplanes will I get kicked off? Lets all download and watch Mayday Air Crash Investigation and see what takes place. Find ones that were on the airline you are flying.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fishferbrains
I'd recommend either in a foreign language - particularly Arabic.
Too bad the cover didn't contain something like this:

Volume II: "Taking Off and Landing the Big Jets"
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Too bad the cover didn't contain something like this:

Volume II: "Taking Off and Landing the Big Jets"
You could probably even skip the "Landing" part.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Allan38103
The crew asked the guy about what he was reading.
The guy answered.
The plane took off.

The end.
Nice hit and run. Troll.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
I am going to download Air Crash Investigations/Mayday and watch it on my laptop with sound on and see what happens. Or if I watch Airline or other episodes about airplanes will I get kicked off? Lets all download and watch Mayday Air Crash Investigation and see what takes place. Find ones that were on the airline you are flying.
Watch Airplane instead. I'm sure someone will freak out over the thought that someone replaced the pilots with a blow up doll
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by danielonn
I could care less about the content, but I would certainly be inclined to say something if you decide to watch anything with the volume on while I'm trying to read.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
I once noticed a FA and a seatmate looking at me strangely because I was reading "The God Delusion". Luckily it did not warrant questioning, but maybe we do have to watch what we read, or maybe just switch to e-readers so no one else knows...
Surely someone reading this would be the safest passenger

I got some funny looks reading another Dawkins masterpiece on US Air to Vegas in 2010: "The greatest show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution"
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by OttoMH
Surely someone reading this would be the safest passenger

I got some funny looks reading another Dawkins masterpiece on US Air to Vegas in 2010: "The greatest show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution"
I now have a book cover for whatever I'm reading entitled "The Book of Mormon". No offense but I have yet to have anybody ask me about what I'm reading.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
I now have a book cover for whatever I'm reading entitled "The Book of Mormon". No offense but I have yet to have anybody ask me about what I'm reading.
Another good one would be "Dianetics". The people next to you might actually ask to be moved.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Allan38103
The crew asked the guy about what he was reading.
The guy answered.
The plane took off.

The end.
Is this America? We can be questioned about a book we are reading before being allowed to fly on a plane? Are they going to check your library list next? What about movies you have watched? Its not "The end", it seems like just the beginning.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by VelvetJones
Another good one would be "Dianetics". The people next to you might actually ask to be moved.
Or an Amway ring binder.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by VelvetJones
Unless....
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA
I hope they don't find out I was reading The Looming Tower on a plane last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.