Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't read books about airplanes while on an airplane.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:02 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
God help you if you every try and play a flight sim on your laptop while in an airport or on a jet!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by medic51vrf
God help you if you every try and play a flight sim on your laptop while in an airport or on a jet!
I routinely play X-Plane 9 on my Android phone.

God help the person who tries anything retaliatory to me.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Is it ok to watch the movie "United 93" while on a plane?
How about "Snakes on a Plane"?
Has anyone noticed that they never have any of those movies available to watch?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Was reading Guns & Ammo on my iPad upfront from a flight from LAX > IAH last week..no issues. I often read hunting/sport shooting e-mags and have yet to have an issue.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Uhm, wrong. I have watched snakes on a plane while on a TPAC flight (no other reason why I would otherwise watch such a stupid movie).

But back on topic. many here have short memories. It was just 70 years ago (or so) that NYC ws being terroized by a large, strong threat. In this period of confusion, a bi-plane was crashed into the Empire State building.

Yes, we did eventually subdue King Kong, but it was only due to an abundance of caution displayed by the TSA that we survived this threat.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Uhm, wrong. I have watched snakes on a plane while on a TPAC flight (no other reason why I would otherwise watch such a stupid movie).

But back on topic. many here have short memories. It was just 70 years ago (or so) that NYC ws being terroized by a large, strong threat. In this period of confusion, a bi-plane was crashed into the Empire State building.

Yes, we did eventually subdue King Kong, but it was only due to an abundance of caution displayed by the TSA that we survived this threat.
Not a single giant gorilla has menaced aviation since then. See, TSA is doing a very effective job.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:02 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PTravel
Not a single giant gorilla has menaced aviation since then. See, TSA is doing a very effective job.
deleted

Last edited by nrr; Aug 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mikew99
Indeed, the terrorists can sit back in their chairs and watch us self-destruct. Terrorists don't need to lift a finger to destroy our way of life; we're in the process of doing it to ourselves.
The process is essentially completed.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by medic51vrf
I sat next to someone in a pilot's uniform playing some cheesy flight simulation game on a smartphone. I made some comment about job training, which he pretended to find funny.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:28 am

About reading a book about airplanes, I'm not sure there's anything you can do safely on an airplane, including nothing at all. I am reminded of the fool from King Lear, who was whipped if he lied, whipped if he told the truth, and whipped if he held his peace.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

oops ... wrong thread ... sorry for the bump ...

Last edited by jkhuggins; Nov 18, 2012 at 12:45 pm Reason: I'm an idiot
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
It's fortunate this traveller encountered a reasonable police officer. Otherwise the outcome could well have been different.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:52 am

I like this travel tip. Sometime people judge you by your activities. If you are trying to find information about a thing, they can easily guess that you are using it for the first time. So if you want to gather information about a particular thing, then try to do it before using it.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by peterlee11
I like this travel tip. Sometime people judge you by your activities. If you are trying to find information about a thing, they can easily guess that you are using it for the first time. So if you want to gather information about a particular thing, then try to do it before using it.
A book?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:20 am

I wonder what TSA or the flight crew would have done if the book was about Air Transportation Security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.