Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application does not increase the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fredc84
The first card (Ch Ink Pref) was immediately doubled right after I earned the signup bonus without me asking.
I find that about 1/3 of the time, right around the 4 or 5 month mark on a new card, I will get an unsolicited credit line increase, usually around $3000. I also find that if I keep a card long term with steady spending, roughly every 2 years, I'll get a similar unsolicited increase.

I am in the habit of proactively lowering my credit lines in advance of new applications, so I assume that factors in, as I always have excess credit line available in Chase's viewpoint.
SPN Lifer, beltway and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
~ 740 Experian
You have a low credit score though not a bad score. pay on time and don't carry large balances and don't open new accounts. these days only score of 800 is considered good . my fico score is 825 if curious

Last edited by mia; Jan 29, 2024 at 7:36 am Reason: Prune quotation.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
You have a low credit score though not a bad score. pay on time and don't carry large balances...
Yeah, I have been >800 for years. 740 is due to too many new accounts and recently starting to carry balance. No other negatives.
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
...and don't open new accounts.
This is a churning forum? How do you suggest I follow this advice?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:41 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Moderator observation

Not exactly. This is a credit card rewards and benefits forum. People participate here for a range of reasons. Some want information about earning rewards by opening accounts, but others are more interested in spending on their existing accounts, using benefits, negotiating retention bonuses, and deciding when to close cards. The recommendation to take a break from opening accounts until you pay down your balance, and see your scores rebound, is entirely consistent with the purpose of this forum.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
Not exactly. This is a credit card rewards and benefits forum. People participate here for a range of reasons. Some want information about earning rewards by opening accounts, but others are more interested in spending on their existing accounts, using benefits, negotiating retention bonuses, and deciding when to close cards. The recommendation to take a break from opening accounts until you pay down your balance, and see your scores rebound, is entirely consistent with the purpose of this forum.
Of course. It's just good advice too. Sorry Blueheaven, I didn't mean to be snarky!
levilevi and Blueheaven like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:54 am

Yeah, I have been >800 for years. 740 is due to too many new accounts and recently starting to carry balance. No other negatives.

There is a reddit churning "forum". Just have a tough skin if you go there, LOL
r/churning
is the subreddit name
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
There is a reddit churning "forum". Just have a tough skin if you go there, LOL
r/churning
is the subreddit name
Yeah, I'm active there too, though different user name. Ur not kidding about having tough skin though!
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:28 am

Of course. It's just good advice too. Sorry Blueheaven, I didn't mean to be snarky!
when you have a score of 800 or more, you have better chance of approval even if there are other things that may not be in your favor like if you recently opened other chase cards or too much overall credit limits, etc. They may offer to move credit limit from other chase cards to approve you.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
I could be wrong, but I thought it drops the 1st of the month, meaning the 1/29/24 card dropped from 5/24 on 1/1/24
This is correct. There is a bit of a caveat though. While Chase's automatic system will consider it dropped on the 1st of the 24th month, something else may inhibit instant approval. Not all agents are privy to the "1st of the 24th month" rule, and during recon you might be told that you are not eligible because the precise 2 year mark has not yet been reached. The solution in this case is to HUCA.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:25 pm

Chase cites having enough credit to cover my revenue and other recently opened chase cards (2 personal and 3 biz the last two years) to deny my United biz card application. How can I get approved again? Should I close some current ink cards (7 across 2 businesses), reduce my credit on my biz cards, or apply using a 3rd legit business? Any chance I could do one or both of the first two options and have them review my application again?
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:27 pm

Hello, I have personal cards with chase, 4 in total. I have a credit score of 730-740 between all issuers. I got my last chase card approved (the sapphire preferred) on 12/14/23. Am I ok to apply for my first business card with chase (and in general) right now since it doesn't show up on my personal credit? or is it too soon? I plan to say the business will earn 1000$ per year.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Isander
Hello, I have personal cards with chase, 4 in total. I have a credit score of 730-740 between all issuers. I got my last chase card approved (the sapphire preferred) on 12/14/23. Am I ok to apply for my first business card with chase (and in general) right now since it doesn't show up on my personal credit? or is it too soon? I plan to say the business will earn 1000$ per year.
Yes it is too soon.
Isander likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, Marriott Bonvoy, Amex Rewards, JetBlue TrueBlue
I opened the AMEX Blue Business Plus back on 1/13/24 and was approved immediately. Now, I would like to apply for the Chase Ink Preferred. Is it too soon? The only other business card I have is the Chase Ink Cash which I opened on 8/24/23.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:06 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by FamilyFlyer23
I opened the AMEX Blue Business Plus back on 1/13/24.
If American Express pulled a credit report in connection with this application, Chase would be able to see that you applied for "something" recently. However, American Express does not report business card accounts to personal credit bureaus, which means Chase will not know the outcome of the application, and it is unlikely to affect a Chase application unless you have several other recent inquiries.
FamilyFlyer23 likes this.

Last edited by mia; Feb 4, 2024 at 8:12 am
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, Marriott Bonvoy, Amex Rewards, JetBlue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by mia
If American Express pulled a credit report in connection with this application, Chase would be able to see that you applied for "something" recently. However, American Express does not report business card accounts to personal credit bureaus, which means Chase will not know the outcome of the application, and it is unlikely to affect a Chase application unless you have several other recent inquiries.
Thanks. That leads me to another question. Is there such a thing as a business credit report or business credit score? Would Chase even be able to know that I have a business credit card with Amex, and how?

As a follow-up, I opened the Chase United Explorer in March 2023 and the Chase Marriott Boundless in November 2023. Yikes, that's three Chase cards in one year, two being personal and one being business. Knowing that, would that affect my chances?

Last edited by mia; Feb 4, 2024 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.