Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Illinwu
The Chase Marriott Boundless Card is offering 1 elite night per $5,000 spend; does the Ritz Carlton Card offer the same? Thanks!
No.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
No.
Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
No.
Followup question to this. If I downgrade my Ritz to this card, would I get the one elite per $5000 on it? Or only new apps?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Followup question to this. If I downgrade my Ritz to this card, would I get the one elite per $5000 on it? Or only new apps?
The elite night per $5000 on that card is a new feature of the card for all cardholders. It is not a sign up bonus.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
The elite night per $5000 on that card is a new feature of the card for all cardholders. It is not a sign up bonus.
Thats great, I was going to downgrade anyway. Could be useful as I’ll be a few nights short of platinum this year.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:30 am

Coming to and End?

AF posted last week, so I made my usual “I’m not using the card, what options are available?” call. Last year they gave me $150, so I didn’t expect much.

The CSR typed for a few minutes, and came back to say “product changes back to the Marriott $95 or free card are no longer available for the RC card, the only option was to cancel.”

I then asked the magic “are there any offers available?”; to which he typed again for a few seconds, and said “we are unfortunately only offering $150 credits, we can’t waive the full fee.” Win for me, card is basically free since I use the $300 incidentals.

Main point though: downgrading appears to no longer be possible. Can anyone else confirm if it’s possible to PC into the card?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by radioactive
Main point though: downgrading appears to no longer be possible. Can anyone else confirm if it’s possible to PC into the card?
People are told this all the time by Chase reps, only to HUCA and have success with a different rep. Some are more adept/less lazy than others. I wouldn't read too much into a one-off experience with any Chase rep.
cuthroat and onetouchpass like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Agree with pallhedge. I was able to PC into one from a Boundless a couple of months ago. Rep originally said not possible, but looked again after I asked her to do so and she realized she could. Not sure about the PCing downwards...
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Despite the devaluation of Bonvoy, one of the benefits of this card is the boost towards lifetime status...however meager the elite benefits are...
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by radioactive
Echoing others, I PC'd last month. Rep I spoke with not only understood exactly what I was asking about, but started pitching the benefits of the card as soon as I mentioned it.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by faselt
Trying one more time. Anyone have DP for United Travel Bank?
Give it a go and let us know how you do.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
My anniversary is coming up at the end of May. If I PC from the Boundless (which I have had for 15+ years in its previous versions) to the RC, will I get the 50K free night cert or will my anniversary change to March instead of May and I miss the annual free night award completely? Any recent data points?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Want to get Ritz card, what should be my strategy? I currently have Amex Bonvoy card, which was converted from SPG. Also had SPG business card in the past.
Should I cancel Amex Bonvoy and then get Boundless and get the bonus? Or keep Amex Bonvoy, get Bold, and do nothing? I understand that I can't get the bonus on either of those cards, if I have Amex Bonvoy card.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
DP on the travel credit: Credited for my QR award fees
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Does anyone know what happens to the travel credit if a reimbursed purchase gets refunded? Do they take the credit back, and can you re-use it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.