Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blueman2
Chase Pay Yourself Back Feature
Pay Yourself Back Rotating Category "Extra bonus boost when using UR points for payment" option

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently, the categories for pay yourself back are: grocery stores and dining at restaurants (including takeout & eligible delivery services), home improvement stores and select charitable organizations. Redeem for purchases in these categories made with your Chase card with Ultimate Rewards.

After each purchase posts, you have 90 days to pay yourself back.
+50% MORE POINTS VALUE
You'll get 50% more value from your points when you pay yourself back for eligible purchases listed below.

How does Pay Yourself Back work?
Step icon one
HOW DO I PAY MYSELF BACK?
First select one or more recent eligible purchases listed and hit "Continue" to go to the next step. Then apply some or all of your available Ultimate Rewards points to each transaction you selected and hit "Confirm & Submit" to redeem your points for a statement credit.

Step icon two
HOW DO I APPLY MY POINTS TO SELECTED PURCHASES?
Enter a dollar amount for each transaction, up to the original purchase amount, based on your available Ultimate Rewards points balance. Or select "Apply Full Amount" and we'll apply your available points up to the full cost of each eligible purchase.

Step icon three
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY STATEMENT CREDIT?
Once you've submitted your order, it will take 2-3 days for your statement credit to appear on your account.

10/15/2020- Chase has added the Pay Yourself Back feature to the Ink Plus and Preferred Cards: https://www.chase.com/business/credit-cards/ink/inkofferscta?jp_aid_a=T_64096&jp_aid_p=chasehome_3/hero
3/10/2022 - Chase extended the PYB categories for Dining and Annual Fee until 6/30/2022 (was set to expire 3/31/2022) for CSR
9/28/2022 - Chase extended the PYB categories for Dining until 12/31/2022 (was set to expire 9/30/2022) for CSR

Print Wikipost

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm thinking of using the credit for new appliances from my CSR card at Lowe's. I have over a half million points on my CSR card and was going to use it for a nice trip but seeing travel isn't in the foreseable future and I have millions of Delta miles and Hilton points to use, the 1.5 redemptioin rate at home improvement stores might be a good deal.
RNE and tbm13 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm thinking of using the credit for new appliances from my CSR card at Lowe's. I have over a half million points on my CSR card and was going to use it for a nice trip but seeing travel isn't in the foreseable future and I have millions of Delta miles and Hilton points to use, the 1.5 redemptioin rate at home improvement stores might be a good deal.
I would totally do that if we didn't just updated pretty much all the appliances in the house last year!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Me, too. I know Home Depot is PYB-eligible, and I plan to use my CSR to get a bonus year of warranty (which means I won't be purchasing GCs). It looks like Home Depot and (all?) airline shopping portals have severed ties. Before I pull the trigger this week, is there an opportunity to double dip on the $$$$ purchase?

Last edited by EkekoBWI; Aug 29, 2020 at 4:52 pm Reason: grammar
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Moderator Note: Wiki post created, since it looks like this feature is sticking around for a while.
Has anyone seen in writing from Chase that this will be extended beyond Sep. 30?
I've seen it reported by other sites that Chase would be extending the program in some form but when I am in my Ultimate Rewards account it still shows that the program ends on 9/30.
I would think if Chase was extending the program and changing it in any form they would have announced by now.
shdflyer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:28 pm

I can't remember where I've seen it, but I thought I had seen that the Pay Yourself Program would continue, but the enhanced 1.5x (CSR) or 1.25x (CSP) redemption values would end on 9/30.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by majorkirkus
I can't remember where I've seen it, but I thought I had seen that the Pay Yourself Program would continue, but the enhanced 1.5x (CSR) or 1.25x (CSP) redemption values would end on 9/30.
How would that be different from redeeming points for cash at $0.01, which has always been possible?
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How would that be different from redeeming points for cash at $0.01, which has always been possible?
It was probably a blogger's speculation...so, who knows.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Used PYB today. When you do the final box check, it shows how many days you have to use this feature. I think 60 days was highest number. So that puts the program into November.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 4:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hedoman
Used PYB today. When you do the final box check, it shows how many days you have to use this feature. I think 60 days was highest number. So that puts the program into November.
​​​​​I suspect what you're seeing refers to the limitation that you can use PYB on transactions that are up to 90 days old. i.e. this is how far back you can go with PYB, not an indication of when the program will end.
xov91 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
You are correct.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those still have planned transactions to take advantage of PYB - keep in mind the last redemption date is Sept 30. Also keep in mind that it often takes 2, sometimes 3 days for Chase to POST the transaction. If an eligible transaction made on Sept 28 but not posted on Sept 30, I seriously doubt you could redeem it when it posts AFTER Sept 30.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Happy
For those still have planned transactions to take advantage of PYB - keep in mind the last redemption date is Sept 30. Also keep in mind that it often takes 2, sometimes 3 days for Chase to POST the transaction. If an eligible transaction made on Sept 28 but not posted on Sept 30, I seriously doubt you could redeem it when it posts AFTER Sept 30.
I didn't know the last day to redeem was 9/30, I thought as long as the charge posted by 9/30 I'd be ok.

Hopefully they keep this up through Covid and add new categories every quarter.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by majorkirkus
This is consistent with everything I have read: PYB is permanent, but the bonus is temporary. I can't imagine they would have built out the PYB functionality on the website just for a 1-time promo.

Originally Posted by mia
It's not, which is what leads me to believe the Chase will periodically run promos for enhanced PYB at more than 1x. Unless they are counting on people forgetting that money is fungible and seeing 1x PYB as some kind of "benefit". Now how often will the promos be, what will be the multipliers, what will be the categories? One can only speculate.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Looks like there was an update where some additional food merchants that didn’t appear before now show for credit, such as food gift shops, farmers markets, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Looks like there was an update where some additional food merchants that didn’t appear before now show for credit, such as food gift shops, farmers markets, etc.
Yes, I just checked my account and I have quite a few more options for redemptions than I did last week. For example a wine store that shows as "groceries" per transaction type was previously not an option for redemption but now it is.
I think I'll plan to redeem everything I can at the $.015 rate by September 30th just because there's really no evidence it will extend beyond that for any category at this point and it's not worth it to me redeeming at $.01 per point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.