Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blueman2
Chase Pay Yourself Back Feature
Pay Yourself Back Rotating Category "Extra bonus boost when using UR points for payment" option

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently, the categories for pay yourself back are: grocery stores and dining at restaurants (including takeout & eligible delivery services), home improvement stores and select charitable organizations. Redeem for purchases in these categories made with your Chase card with Ultimate Rewards.

After each purchase posts, you have 90 days to pay yourself back.
+50% MORE POINTS VALUE
You'll get 50% more value from your points when you pay yourself back for eligible purchases listed below.

How does Pay Yourself Back work?
Step icon one
HOW DO I PAY MYSELF BACK?
First select one or more recent eligible purchases listed and hit "Continue" to go to the next step. Then apply some or all of your available Ultimate Rewards points to each transaction you selected and hit "Confirm & Submit" to redeem your points for a statement credit.

Step icon two
HOW DO I APPLY MY POINTS TO SELECTED PURCHASES?
Enter a dollar amount for each transaction, up to the original purchase amount, based on your available Ultimate Rewards points balance. Or select "Apply Full Amount" and we'll apply your available points up to the full cost of each eligible purchase.

Step icon three
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY STATEMENT CREDIT?
Once you've submitted your order, it will take 2-3 days for your statement credit to appear on your account.

10/15/2020- Chase has added the Pay Yourself Back feature to the Ink Plus and Preferred Cards: https://www.chase.com/business/credit-cards/ink/inkofferscta?jp_aid_a=T_64096&jp_aid_p=chasehome_3/hero
3/10/2022 - Chase extended the PYB categories for Dining and Annual Fee until 6/30/2022 (was set to expire 3/31/2022) for CSR
9/28/2022 - Chase extended the PYB categories for Dining until 12/31/2022 (was set to expire 9/30/2022) for CSR

Print Wikipost

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
App (and presumably website) have finally been updated. 9/30 end date is showing and the transactions that were about to fall off are still eligible.

good job procrastinating, Chase
Old May 1, 2021, 9:08 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

They are all updated now on the PYB portion of the website. It includes the annual fee until 12/31/21
Old May 1, 2021, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I was just advised that starting tomorrow, any annual fee charged is eligible for the PYB feature at the 50% extra rate for CSR and JPMR.
I look forward to see a real world data point on this, as there is no where to be found on Ultimate Reward site that AF is eligible for PYB at 1.50. If so then the CSR might be worth to keep even though our household has other Chase cards eligible for transfer with much lower AF.

We are draining the UR pts and will rely on other currencies in various loyalty programs for travel needs if we could actually make international trips much later this year or in 2022.

Besides, the current Chase airline partners are pretty much useless because there are other Star Alliance members' programs that are far better than UA and SQ that are AMEX partners - so the Membership Reward points work much better to us than the UR pts.

IIRC late last year Chase and Aeroplan have announced that they would announce partnership in 2nd half of 2021. That was the only official press release on this topic. No any further words since. Hope this partnership would materialize.

Last edited by Happy; May 1, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Old May 1, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I look forward to see a real world data point on this, as there is no where to be found on Ultimate Reward site that AF is eligible for PYB at 1.50.
My annual fee from 3/1 is now eligible for PYB at 1.5.
Happy likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hipp0
My annual fee from 3/1 is now eligible for PYB at 1.5.
Thanks a lot for quick post!!!

Did you get billed with $550 or $450?

Last edited by Happy; May 2, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Old May 1, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Happy
I look forward to see a real world data point on this, as there is no where to be found on Ultimate Reward site that AF is eligible for PYB at 1.50. If so then the CSR might be worth to keep even though our household has other Chase cards eligible for transfer with much lower AF.
Happy and StartinSanDiego like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My Annual Fee from 2/1/21 showed up in the PYB portal.

My chase CFU is proving to be a valuable everyday card for now moving the points over to my CRS and using PYB.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
I've been getting bounced around on the phone today, so hopefully someone might have had this problem before. Just opened a CSR last week.

Yesterday, I used the points for PYB from another Chase card which I transferred to CSR. Honkey dory, the credits got used, leaving me with a scant amount. However, I'll have a massive point dump at the end of this billing sequence. I want to see from my new purchases thus far which will qualify for PYB. I go to the PYB interface and it acts like it will let me in and then immediately boots me out of the interface and sends me back to the UR main page. Thus far, no one has been able to tell me why. I cleaned the cookies and caches off my history and then tried another browser beside Chrome. Still nada?

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, any suggestions for fixing?
Old May 3, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northinsouth
Never seen. That and I have used PYB almost weekly. Perhaps try in the mobile Chase app if you have a suitable device?
Old May 3, 2021, 2:44 pm
Original Member

I've been getting bounced around on the phone today, so hopefully someone might have had this problem before. Just opened a CSR last week.

Yesterday, I used the points for PYB from another Chase card which I transferred to CSR. Honkey dory, the credits got used, leaving me with a scant amount. However, I'll have a massive point dump at the end of this billing sequence. I want to see from my new purchases thus far which will qualify for PYB. I go to the PYB interface and it acts like it will let me in and then immediately boots me out of the interface and sends me back to the UR main page. Thus far, no one has been able to tell me why. I cleaned the cookies and caches off my history and then tried another browser beside Chrome. Still nada?

I'm having the same problem, but I haven't found any fix or workaround. I have plenty of points in my account, so doesn't seem like that would be the issue. I also tried different browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on a Mac, Chrome on Windows, and the Chase app on my phone), and none of them made any difference -- same problem each time.

I have a message in to Chase support (via their Twitter account). If they can figure it out, I'll post here (and northinsouth, if someone solves your problem, please post the solution here).

Update: Chase support suggested clearing cache/cookies and reinstalling the app on my phone. Neither one worked.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Never seen. That and I have used PYB almost weekly. Perhaps try in the mobile Chase app if you have a suitable device?
That's often a good suggestion, but it didn't work in this case. Same problem.

Last edited by roberton; May 3, 2021 at 2:57 pm Reason: Edit to update
Old May 3, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by roberton
I'm having the same problem, but I haven't found any fix or workaround. I have plenty of points in my account, so doesn't seem like that would be the issue. I also tried different browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on a Mac, Chrome on Windows, and the Chase app on my phone), and none of them made any difference -- same problem each time.

I have a message in to Chase support (via their Twitter account). If they can figure it out, I'll post here (and northinsouth, if someone solves your problem, please post the solution here).

Update: Chase support suggested clearing cache/cookies and reinstalling the app on my phone. Neither one worked.

At least I know I'm not going crazy and it's not something particular to me.

I wrote to the Chase Twitter account this morning and they said the same thing. The phone call was ping pong and after 25 minutes holding, I had to go to meeting. I sent a direct secured message over the website--hopefully, they'll be able to suggest something. I have a feeling the issue is a glitch on their end. I'll post when I hear something.

Last edited by mia; May 4, 2021 at 5:04 am Reason: Formatting
Old May 3, 2021, 3:17 pm
Original Member

I wrote to the Chase Twitter account this morning and they said the same thing. The phone call was ping pong and after 25 minutes holding, I had to go to meeting.
That's a pain. I'll think twice before calling about this. I don't want to sit on hold all day.

I have a feeling the issue is a glitch on their end.
I'm virtually certain it's a glitch on their end. Hard to imagine anything on this end that would have exactly the same problem across multiple browsers on different platforms.

I'll post when I hear something.
Thanks. I'll do the same if I make any progress.
Old May 3, 2021, 5:15 pm

That's a pain. I'll think twice before calling about this. I don't want to sit on hold all day.

I'm virtually certain it's a glitch on their end. Hard to imagine anything on this end that would have exactly the same problem across multiple browsers on different platforms.

Thanks. I'll do the same if I make any progress.
Ok, just got off the phone will Chase. After some initial confusion, the tech was able to confirm that there indeed is some glitchiness with this portion of the site and that the tech team is working on it. Nothing wrong with anyone's account--just some issues that need fixing on their end. They don't have definitive timeline to repair, but should be wrapped up within 48 hours.
Old May 3, 2021, 6:06 pm
Original Member

Ok, just got off the phone will Chase. After some initial confusion, the tech was able to confirm that there indeed is some glitchiness with this portion of the site and that the tech team is working on it. Nothing wrong with anyone's account--just some issues that need fixing on their end. They don't have definitive timeline to repair, but should be wrapped up within 48 hours.
Excellent. Thanks for checking and reporting back.

Update: looks like it took them a lot less than 48 hours. It's working for me this morning.
Happy and northinsouth like this.

Last edited by roberton; May 4, 2021 at 4:46 am Reason: Edit to update
Old May 4, 2021, 7:27 am

Excellent. Thanks for checking and reporting back.

Update: looks like it took them a lot less than 48 hours. It's working for me this morning.
Yup, me too. What a relief.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.