Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
You didn't pay at a location other than the front checkout, by chance? .
Nope, the main registers.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
My grocery purchases (including the occasional gift card ) here in Germany are nicely posting with the bonus. ^
Same. Well happy!
Old May 13, 2020, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serpens
You have given me hope that I will get 5x. Of course, I plan to report the result after I have seen the charge post.
And I did get 5x at a Walmart that shows "Groceries" as the category when I review the charge at the Chase web site.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 5:54 pm

Based on the email I received from Chase, it seems that all MileagePlus cards earn 5x miles, instead of what the wiki says currently (5x on Club cards and 3x on others).

Edit: my bad. Fine print says only applies to Club and Presidential Plus cards. Thanks @notquiteaff for revising the wiki.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; May 24, 2020 at 2:10 am
Old May 17, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Based on the email I received from Chase, it seems that all MileagePlus cards earn 5x miles, instead of what the wiki says currently (5x on Club cards and 3x on others).
That’s not what my email told me:

Fine print:

You will earn a total of 3 miles for each $1 spent, on up to $1,500 in total purchases each month, in the grocery store category from 05/01/2020 to 06/30/2020. That's either 2 miles on top of the 1 mile you already earn on grocery store purchases with your card or 1 mile on top of the 2 miles you already earn on grocery store purchases with your card, depending upon which United credit card you are using.

This bonus offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account of the primary cardmember referenced in this offer. Eligible credit cards: UnitedSM Explorer Card, United MileagePlus® Card, United MileagePlus®Select Card, and the United MileagePlus® Awards Card.

——

I think your Wiki edit is incorrect.
Old May 17, 2020, 10:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Based on the email I received from Chase....
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That’s not what my email told me....
Policies do change. Mistakes can be made.

1. What are the dates of the two emails?
2. Are both from Chase, or is ome from United?
3. Ignoring the emails, where might one look on the Chase or United website to verify?
Old May 17, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mia
Policies do change. Mistakes can be made.

1. What are the dates of the two emails?
2. Are both from Chase, or is ome from United?
3. Ignoring the emails, where might one look on the Chase or United website to verify?
1. Monday, May 11
2. Chase - [email protected]
3. no idea, didn’t look

I specifically quoted the fine print from my email because it lists the cards that are supposedly getting 3x. The Club card isn’t included. I have the Select and the Explorer cards. It would be useful to see the fine print from the 5X email.

If ithinkurdumb has one of the cards listed in my email and actually receives 5X, I might run a test with my Explorer card when I go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 17, 2020 at 10:58 am
Old May 18, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ran my shopping experiment with my Explorer card. Should post in a day or so.

While looking at my account in the iPad app, I stumbled into the Benefits section for the card and found this:

I’ll be very surprised if I were to get 5X on my $6 purchase.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ran my shopping experiment with my Explorer card. Should post in a day or so.

I’ll be very surprised if I were to get 5X on my $6 purchase.
I received 3X. Will edit the wiki.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 2:08 am

I received 3X. Will edit the wiki.
Thanks for doing the test and revised the wiki. I have both the Club card and the Explorer card, but I only received one email from Chase (May 9). I read the email again and it does have this in the fine print: "Eligible credit cards: United ClubSM card and the United Presidential PlusSM card."

I guess Chase thought if I have the Club card why would I use the Explorer card so didn't bother send the 3x email to me
😂
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Chase announced today more limited time benefits for CSP/CSR holders.

- The annual fee is going back down to $450 through the end of the year
- A limited time "pay your self back" purchase eraser type tool at 1.25 (CSP)/1.5 (CSR) cpp for purchases in select categories (grocery, dining, home improvement)
- $300 travel credit will be valid at grocery stores and gas stations through year end

https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-...e-covid-perks/
wanderlust99 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
More Temporary Benefits start May 31st

These extra benefits are aimed at the Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire Preferred.
I listed them above in the Wiki.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:48 pm

Am I thinking this through correctly?

I have a Freedom that has anniversary date in June.
I could PC from the Freedom card I have to a CSR, then I could take advantage of these temporary perks.
When would I pay the CSR annual fee? In June? Some other time? Would it be $450 or would it be $550 with a later $100 credit?
When would the $300 travel credit be available? If immediately, would the $300 travel credit also renew next June?

I'm currently eligible for a CSR SUB, so in the future I could PC back to a Freedom and apply for a new CSR later to get the CSR SUB?
Old May 28, 2020, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Would it be $450 or would it be $550 with a later $100 credit?
The $100 credit and the $450 fee are only for renewals, as far as I've heard. I assume you'd be charged $550.
Old May 28, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by time_stamp
The $100 credit and the $450 fee are only for renewals, as far as I've heard. I assume you'd be charged $550.
Doctor of Credit states $450 renewal annual fee. Chase site lists AF as $550 for new apps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.