Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:38 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Is the in-branch offer with no AF the same 80,000 bonus URs?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
Is the in-branch offer with no AF the same 80,000 bonus URs?
Yes it is
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Yes it is
Awesome, thanks!^
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:04 am

Interesting #ChaseFail datapoint.

I have an Ink Plus. Went to branch for Preferred since annual fee is waived in branch. After like 40 mins of phone calls and supervisors she is told I cannot apply in branch because the Plus and Preferred are coded as the same product and so I already have it. Told I can apply online but then of course AF isn't waived.

TL/DR: Chase IT issues will cost me $95
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
Interesting #ChaseFail datapoint.

I have an Ink Plus. Went to branch for Preferred since annual fee is waived in branch. After like 40 mins of phone calls and supervisors she is told I cannot apply in branch because the Plus and Preferred are coded as the same product and so I already have it. Told I can apply online but then of course AF isn't waived.

TL/DR: Chase IT issues will cost me $95
Try sending a SM after your approval and tell them your situation. I have a Ink+ and was able to successfully sign up for the Preferred in branch.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Try sending a SM after your approval and tell them your situation. I have a Ink+ and was able to successfully sign up for the Preferred in branch.
Yep - I actually had them note my Ink Plus so when I call in I can get the credit and then cancel that one in one shot.

EDITED: That was insufficient for the agent on my new account. I am told I have to go BACK to the bank and have them make a note and THEN call back again.

Turning into way too much work for $95

Last edited by MilesTalk; Dec 6, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:35 am

Has anyone used the cellphone protection yet? How do you going about filing the claim
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Clayfu
... filing the claim
Page 48:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mia
you're awesome!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Hmm, I downgraded Ink Plus to Ink Cash about a year ago.

Is this worth it? Do they interrogate you on your business, income, etc.?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AA: Platinum
I just received permission from the non-profit I work for to use this card for business expenses. In particular, we will be using it to receive CDW on vehicles we rent. Our revenue is about 600k a year and my expenses are about 2k a month.

This week I was approved for 2 SW cards, and was approved for CSR as soon as it came out.

Do I need to wait 30 days from the time I applied for the SW cards to apply for this?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:59 pm

Was planning on applying for the Ink Preferred tonight but wondering if may be better to get the Ink Cash now for the 30k UR points and 2% on gas. Wait 90 days or so then go for the Ink Preferred and it's 80k UR points. I already have the CSR and CSP but want to down grade the CSP to the FU.

Goal is to use the CSR for travel and dining, Ink Cash for gas and at supply houses (to replace BOA cash rewards card), Ink Preferred for cell phones and cable/internet, then the FU for all other everyday spending (groceries, etc). Sound like a good idea? I'm ok w/ putting all my eggs in the UR basket mainly to be used for flights. At 2/24 right now, score 740-755, income at $175k w/ ~$20k from side contracting business (14yrs). Maybe get the CSP again if the bonus is still there in 2yrs? Any other ideas?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by skw1
Was planning on applying for the Ink Preferred tonight but wondering if may be better to get the Ink Cash now for the 30k UR points and 2% on gas. Wait 90 days or so then go for the Ink Preferred and it's 80k UR points. I already have the CSR and CSP but want to down grade the CSP to the FU.

Goal is to use the CSR for travel and dining, Ink Cash for gas and at supply houses (to replace BOA cash rewards card), Ink Preferred for cell phones and cable/internet, then the FU for all other everyday spending (groceries, etc). Sound like a good idea? I'm ok w/ putting all my eggs in the UR basket mainly to be used for flights. At 2/24 right now, score 740-755, income at $175k w/ ~$20k from side contracting business (14yrs). Maybe get the CSP again if the bonus is still there in 2yrs? Any other ideas?
Since there's no guarantee of approval in either case, why not go for the one with the higher signup bonus first?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Ink Preferred mail offer with Invitation Code

Hi, I received a mail offer for the Ink Preferred. It was addressed to my Business name.

Any Data Points on whether this bypasses 5/24?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by 141park
Hi, I received a mail offer for the Ink Preferred. It was addressed to my Business name.

Any Data Points on whether this bypasses 5/24?

Thanks!
I got the same thing. Anual fee was waived first year with 80k bonus. I still have ink plus though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.