FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

nwflyboy Aug 22, 2016 8:30 am

Pattern seems clear as gin:

At or below 4/24, you're good to go.
At or above 5/24, fuggedaboudit.

There are one or two reports of people at 5/24 who squeaked through, but I suspect their count was off (ie one of those cards was a non-Chase business card or other card that doesn't count as part of 5/24).

Those above 4/24 who slipped through with the test link last week may be very lucky (then again, there's that whole Amex 100K clawback thread...)

injera Aug 22, 2016 8:30 am

would a car lease or a mortgage count towards the 5/24? I've only opened 2 cards in the past two years but have also leased two cars and bought a house in the last 6 months.

MapleLeafss Aug 22, 2016 8:31 am

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 27101288)
When I got the Ritz last year, I called recon and they gave me a fax number and I faxed them a utilities bill.

Thanks. I'm going to call again and push them on that, or about reallocating credit. I don't really understand how the first agent wasn't able to "get into" my application. Plenty of data points on Reddit of people like us going to pending and then getting approved at recon.

rbw5t Aug 22, 2016 8:33 am

Darn - I guess I won't bother applying for now. Well over 5/24. And I was so excited for this card. I guess need to do an actual count to see my card opening history to figure out when I will roll down to 4/24. What's the best way to do that (other than having kept better records -- too late for that)?

techoin Aug 22, 2016 8:34 am

kinda surprised to see so many FTers under 5/24...I don't see myself being under 5/24 in distant future so no go for me

mh4ll Aug 22, 2016 8:34 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t (Post 27101312)
What's the best way to do that (other than having kept better records -- too late for that)?

Use CreditKarma, go to the Credit Report screen, and you can get a list of accounts that is sortable by date.

SheltieDad Aug 22, 2016 8:36 am

Curious....Is anyone getting the CSR to show up on the pre-qual web page? I just gave it a try, but no dice there...

Stgermainparis Aug 22, 2016 8:36 am

Advice needed. I'm at 5/24 if I include an AU and a Chase business card. That AU cycles off on Aug 31. Should I just wait till then to apply for the new CSR or should I pull the trigger? I have no banking relationship with Chase but have 3 cc's with them (incl that Ink). I am pre-qualified for the Preferred (but not for CSR but I don't think anyone is). I'm wondering if that pre-qual means that they are not counting that AU.

rbw5t Aug 22, 2016 8:37 am

Originally Posted by mh4ll (Post 27101324)
Use CreditKarma, go to the Credit Report screen, and you can get a list of accounts that is sortable by date.

Thanks -- I don't know anything about CreditKarma, other than the commercials, which say it's free. Is it really free? What the business model? Just advertising? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind -- description of the business model is right on their front page. Thanks!

Stgermainparis Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SheltieDad (Post 27101337)
Curious....Is anyone getting the CSR to show up on the pre-qual web page? I just gave it a try, but no dice there...

Not for me, though (for reference) the CSP does show up.

ChiefNWA Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

Were you over/under 5/24? 7/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? 2 store cards, 1 AU
If called recon, what was the original message you received? Haven't called yet.
Income: 52K
credit score: ~720

philemer Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

See what Chase cards you are prequalfied for here:

https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Not sure how accurate this is but it shows nada/zilch for me and my wife. We are both well over 5/24.

I'll chat with the folks at our nearby Chase branch later today.

JHake10 Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t (Post 27101340)
Thanks -- I don't know anything about CreditKarma, other than the commercials, which say it's free. Is it really free? What the business model? Just advertising? Thanks!

Yep totally free. They make money on referrals.

Anybody know why Chase wouldn't make an official landing page on their site for this?

NewYorker545 Aug 22, 2016 8:40 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 27101301)
Pattern seems clear as gin:

At or below 4/24, you're good to go.
At or above 5/24, fuggedaboudit.

There are one or two reports of people at 5/24 who squeaked through, but I suspect their count was off (ie one of those cards was a non-Chase business card or other card that doesn't count as part of 5/24).

Those above 4/24 who slipped through with the test link last week may be very lucky (then again, there's that whole Amex 100K clawback thread...)

Not quite so clear. Applied online using the link on the first page and have pending status.

Were you over/under 5/24? 1/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? Private Bank client
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? NA
If called recon, what was the original message you received?
Income: seven figures
credit score: >840

jai27 Aug 22, 2016 8:42 am

Approved at 4/24. Called to see if I could get expedited shipping, but the rep said "No expedited shipping on reserve cards since it's a new product"