FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

cdog999 Aug 22, 2016 9:47 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 27101735)
5/24 denied (really I am 3/24, but with 2 AUs)
Called to reconsideration line - no luck. Too many CCs in the past 24 months.
Income: 300K
CS: 780

Denied even though at 3/24? Something sounds off here.

conroy9 Aug 22, 2016 9:47 am

Were you over/under 5/24? Under (4/24)
Are you a Chase Private Client? Yes
I also have sapphire preferred (since 2013), freedom unlimited (since 2016) and freedom (for many years), among other branded chase cards

I was just approved, but the interesting thing is that they would not let me convert my sapphire preferred to a freedom.

What they said exactly was "you have a private client sapphire preferred, and the products you can convert it to are a standard sapphire preferred, or sapphire", so I just left it.

Has anyone else gotten that? I'm pretty confused about most of that response (there's a difference between different sapphire preferred cards?? and I thought they got rid of the plain sapphire years ago? and I also thought that many people have converted csp to a second freedom..)

NYCRachel Aug 22, 2016 9:51 am

3/24 (all AMEX cards [Platinum, Starwood, Delta Platinum]); Pending. My main cards are CSP/Freedom (for applicable categories).

Called the line they said 1-2 weeks. Grrr.

justsawaufo Aug 22, 2016 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 27101758)
Denied even though at 3/24? Something sounds off here.

Chase still consider AU as a primary holder which counts as +2. so I have 3 CCs where I am the primary and 2 where I am an AU.

smurov Aug 22, 2016 9:54 am

Any other data points from people who applied today using the link in the wiki, and called in to verify that it does in fact include the 100K bonus?

trikotret Aug 22, 2016 9:55 am

anyone able to get their cards expedited? If so. How?

STS-134 Aug 22, 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by mhdena (Post 27098454)
I don't either but you know how the entitled masses may feel otherwise.

If you were approved via the leaked link last week and you don't get the 100k bonus, then the solution is obviously to cancel the card within the first 90-180 days, get the AF refunded, and apply again, if Chase wants to play that game.

Originally Posted by conroy9 (Post 27101759)
What they said exactly was "you have a private client sapphire preferred, and the products you can convert it to are a standard sapphire preferred, or sapphire", so I just left it.

They really were going to let you convert to a discontinued product?

This is also the first time I've heard about any difference between a Private Client product and a regular product. What is the difference, if any?

trikotret Aug 22, 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by smurov (Post 27101795)
Any other data points from people who applied today using the link in the wiki, and called in to verify that it does in fact include the 100K bonus?

bunch of people called and verified it includes the 100k bonus. Makes sense since brochures at bank list 100k bonus everywhere.

smurov Aug 22, 2016 9:58 am

Anyone else have an issue with the mother's maiden name field? The field is capping at 10 characters and I'm not sure how to proceed...

daveinsf Aug 22, 2016 10:01 am

Got the "We Need a Little More Time" message. Says they'll let me know by mail and if approved should get the card in 7-10 days. Wording sounds a bit more promising than the message some others have posted.

paperwastage Aug 22, 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by STS-134 (Post 27101814)
They really were going to let you convert to a discontinued product?

yes, can downgrade to sapphire, just cannot open new app to sapphire

as people have mentioned, CSR + CFU = 2.25% back on UR portal redemptions for noncategory spend

or do CSR + CF (for 5x rotating-> 7.5% back on UR portal)+ Citi double (2% noncategory)

Brussels Aug 22, 2016 10:06 am

Sapphire Preferred to Reserve PC Available

Just called Chase to see if Preferred to Reserve product change available. Unsurprisingly, it is. I would keep current cc number and Reserve benefits would commence immediately. I'm 14/24 on new accounts. Didn't PC yet...nearest Chase branch is more than an hour away, but I hate to miss out on 100,000 UR. Guess I'll take a drive to see if pre-approved for Reserve.

Has anyone been successful in calling a branch to check for pre-approved Reserve offer?

MapleLeafss Aug 22, 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss (Post 27101481)
Exact same situation as me; I called recon immediately after I left the branch and they said they still couldn't "get into" my application to see what was going on )(i.e. still pending I guess?). Called the automated status line and got the 2 weeks notice. Will try the automated line and actual recon again later today, as I'm under 5/24 with 7xx and plenty of income so suspect it is just a verification or CL reallocation issue (already have over $50k with Chase).

Just spoke to recon for second time today and got the exact same answer - application is still pending and they cannot provide any additional information at this time. I asked if it was just a verification issue and she said there was no way for her to see why the application was still under review.

I will probably give up for today, maybe call the automated line tomorrow and see if any change. Definitely annoyed, as it seems like most people here and on Reddit that are under 5/24 and have gone pending have gotten approved through recon after verification or shifting credit around.

bodiddely Aug 22, 2016 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Brussels (Post 27101859)
Just called Chase to see if Preferred to Reserve product change available. Unsurprisingly, it is. I would keep current cc number and Reserve benefits would commence immediately. I'm 14/24 on new accounts. Didn't PC yet...nearest Chase branch is more than an hour away, but I hate to miss out on 100,000 UR. Guess I'll take a drive to see if pre-approved for Reserve.

Has anyone been successful in calling a branch to check for pre-approved Reserve offer?

Reports on Reddit are that you can NOT call a branch to check on pre-approval. Guess it couldn't hurt to try though :)

Good luck!

wco81 Aug 22, 2016 10:10 am

Where is the online link that shows 100k?

None of the links in the thread Wiki shows it.