Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
anyone get the pending screen and then instead of calling reconsideration, just waited?
i got a reconsideration screen online last night. called reconsideration/lending services this morning and was approved.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by suziemay
Did you request for it to be expedited?

I'll provide a timeline.

-Monday (August 22nd): Applied on-line around 11:00 AM CST. Got a "Pending" Message, called Reconsideration line and by 11:30 AM, I had been Approved and it was showing on my Chase Log-in Account.

Transferred to Customer Service to Expedite. CSR said it cannot be done and should have it within 7-10 days.

-Tuesday (August 23rd): Approximately 6:45 PM CST, called Chase to inquire about expediting/rushing (I was bored). After a 5 minute chat, she advised me she will rush the card to me and should have it within a day or two.

At Approximately 7:30 PM CST, after reading more posts, discovered some were able to log on to UPS MyChoice and see that it had been shipped. I created an account and sure enough, it showed it had already been sent out on Tuesday via UPS, with delivery on Wednesday.

Overall Conclusion: Yes, I did ask for it to be expedited last night; however, from the time I made that request, there is no way it could have been created and shipped after I made the request (We are talking about 7:45 PM EST at this point). It was certainly going to be overnighted to me anyway. Now, I will be curious if I end up receiving another/2nd card via UPS tomorrow or Friday as a result of my call to the CSR who mentioned she would expedite it to me.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:55 am

well I previously opted out of prescreened offers due to multiple moves and not wanting credit card applications to show up somewhere that I was not

so as expected, I did not have any preapproved in branch offers

sitting at 5/24 or 6/24 depending on how the amex/citi costco situation is viewed, so did not apply as it would seem to be pointless

anyone know how long it takes for preapproved offers to show up again after "opting in" - i am sure i will see them start to show up in the mail

Is it possible to be pre-approved in-branch w/ an 8yo BK and stellar credit since?

Originally Posted by homanga
For AU is there any benefit aside their own personal access to PP (rumors that guests are potentially free with card holders). Otherwise no additional advantages? Didn't realize when I signed up the $75 fee for AU, will likely just cancel the wife and get her her own CSR in this case.

And repeat question that no one answered, how do I get my National Executive status if already a member with new card?
If you go to the Ultimate Rewards portal where it talks about National Executive status, there is a link you can click which will allow you to attach the contract to your existing account. When you do that, it gives you Executive status.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 am

Hmm, no offers show up for me on the Chase "pre-qualified" website check. It says that may be bc I have opted out. I have no recollection, but it sounds like something I might well have done. How do I opt back in? I looked, but can't find a place to do it on the website. Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
For the record, my husband is not the points/miles hobby aficionado in the family. He's not even what one might call an enthusiast. Still, he perked up a bit when told about the Reserve bonus offer. He applied online day before yesterday and got the 7-10 day response. A few hours later he called the Recon number but the wait time was excessive so he hung up. Yesterday he called the Recon number again, got through to a rep, and after moving around some credit from another Chase account, got approved. He said the call took about 5-10 minutes. At the time of application he was 3/24 with Chase, 808 credit score, holding a checking and savings accounts with Chase, $100,000+ income, and had all the factors that one would assume would have been an instant approval. We think he got the 7-10 day response so that some determination might be made about what credit limit to assign to his Reserve. Not sure bec he did not ask why no instant approval, but that's our suspicion. I want to apply for the Reserve, too, but I'm over 5/24 and have to wait for a couple of cards to roll off my credit report first. This condition, of course, has me none too happy. Anyway, don't be shy to call the Recon desk should you also get the same initial answer my husband did. He was all prepared to suggest looking at moving credit around, but the rep mentioned doing that before he ever got the chance. Several months ago he applied for a Barclay Bank Hawaiian Airlines card and right now we're in discussion about using HA to fly to Maui and using the Reserve bonus UR points to stay at the Hyatt Andaz (if we can score availability.) These plans could change, of course, as it's too early to be sure. What we are sure of is we're stoked about this new Chase product! Good luck, everyone.....sure do hope many many good trips are out there for each of you w/this new stack of UR pts.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:06 am
Suspended

On Vehicle for Delivery Today

Delivered

Scheduled Delivery:

Wednesday, 08/24/2016, By End of Day

Last Location:
Mckinney, TX, United States, Wednesday, 08/24/2016

Shipment Progress

Location Date Local Time Activity

Mckinney, TX, United States 08/24/2016 8:10 A.M. Out For Delivery
DFW Airport, TX, United States 08/24/2016 6:15 A.M. Departure Scan
08/24/2016 5:40 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 08/24/2016 4:44 A.M. Departure Scan
08/24/2016 12:20 A.M. Arrival Scan
Obetz, OH, United States 08/23/2016 8:53 P.M. Departure Scan
08/23/2016 6:47 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 08/23/2016 7:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Additional Information
Reference Number(s)eleted for Privacy: Shipment Category: PackageShipped/Billed On:08/23/2016Weight:2.00 lbs
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Hmm, no offers show up for me on the Chase "pre-qualified" website check. It says that may be bc I have opted out. I have no recollection, but it sounds like something I might well have done. How do I opt back in? I looked, but can't find a place to do it on the website. Thanks!
OptOutPrescreen.com if you have previously opted out of all prescreened CC offers
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:30 am
Suspended

I assume that most here are ONLY interested because of the 100,000 UR bonus?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Here's a DP, I applied in a branch, wasn't approved.

Were you over/under 5/24? 5/24 individual and 7/24 with AUs
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
Income: 76k
Credit score: 732
Credit Limit: Went pending. Called. Told too many accounts opened in recent 24 months, asked about moving credit from other cards (marriott, explorer, freedom, CSP), told no due to too many recently opened accounts.

Call again?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by roundtree
Given the number of people applying for the card like it will save their life, it's safe to say that no one will have any clue when the bonus is pulled or replaced.

Others may have a better guideline, but I would think it should still be around in September, maybe October. Personally, I'm just waiting for a card to clear so I can dip back to 4/24. Then I'll run to Chase like my life depended on it.
Is anyone getting any confirmation that we are even eligible for this bonus? I registered through the appropriate link, but there was no mention of it on the reconsideration. I was approved, but now am wondering if it is worth it if we don't get the 100k!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by UpAt40k

Credit Limit: Went pending. Called. Told too many accounts opened in recent 24 months, asked about moving credit from other cards (marriott, explorer, freedom, CSP), told no due to too many recently opened accounts.

Call again?

You can call again if it makes you feel better but chances are 99.9% that it will remain a decline. 5/24 is pretty much non negotiable.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by UpAt40k

Call again?
probably no point unless one of the 5/24 is a store card that is not a Visa/Amex/MC, etc
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:46 am

So I just got the card delivered by UPS not too long ago, and the credit card user in me is happy, but the marketing person in me is not.

It came in a UPS envelope and when I opened the envelope, inside was a standard white mailing envelope and a Chase Sapphire Reserve packet thrown in. Inside the white mailing envelope was the card, taped to a piece of paper like any other standard card.

So while I don't need the fancy presentation, I don't understand how some customer get it and others don't. From a marketing aspect, its not the best first impression. Again, do I really need the fancy presentation? No. But if I'm paying the same amount as someone else, I'd like the same thing they got.

And, the card was already scratched up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.