Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Applied online Monday and instantly approved. Called customer service and sternly told not able to expedite shipping.

Just received notice from UPS that I have a Chase package scheduled for delivery today.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by conroy9
Go to "Access UPS My Choice" under the tracking menu. It should bring up a calendar labeled "My Delivery Planner". "CHASE CARD SERVICES" shows up as an entry there.

I also received a couple emails and a facebook notification(!)
OK thanks, got the calendar view but I have no shipments listed anywhere. Strange - and a tad annoying lol.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by amartin22
Do we know if Chase will warn before dropping the 100k bonus, or do they typically just go MIA?
Same question here. Anyone have a clue till when this bonus will be valid?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by gocanesMIA
Applied online Monday and instantly approved. Called customer service and sternly told not able to expedite shipping.

Just received notice from UPS that I have a Chase package scheduled for delivery today.
This is just comical at this point. Who's idea was it to send the memo to CS reps telling them that they are "unable" to expedite shipping when clearly the plan all along was to overnight every single one of these? Sheesh.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: BA
Denied online 5/24, denied in-branch 5/24. No preapprovals (for any card) despite being a Chase checking/savings customer for 7+ years, having 6 cards with them (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, CSP, Ink, Hyatt, IHG) with flawless history spanning 7+ years, and 770-800 FICO scores.

Chase
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Thino
Same question here. Anyone have a clue till when this bonus will be valid?
Given the number of people applying for the card like it will save their life, it's safe to say that no one will have any clue when the bonus is pulled or replaced.

Others may have a better guideline, but I would think it should still be around in September, maybe October. Personally, I'm just waiting for a card to clear so I can dip back to 4/24. Then I'll run to Chase like my life depended on it.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:34 am
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
How are people getting the UPS notifications? I didn't supply Chase with my My Choice account for tracking purposes. Is it just done by address?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HGF
How are people getting the UPS notifications? I didn't supply Chase with my My Choice account for tracking purposes. Is it just done by address?
Yes
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Ratamacue
This is just comical at this point. Who's idea was it to send the memo to CS reps telling them that they are "unable" to expedite shipping when clearly the plan all along was to overnight every single one of these? Sheesh.
While I agree that there should have been a better "message" the reps would tell us, the idea here is to under-promise and over-deliver. If they said to everyone that they were in fact able to expedite, and some people for whatever reason didn't get it - then it would be a much worse situation and makes them look bad. So the lesser of two evils here is to not get anyone's hopes up and get the card out there as soon as possible.

Also, keep in mind this isn't a standard new card presentation, where there is a conveyor of sheets of paper with cards stamped on them, and machines automatically folding the letters and putting them in envelopes. These are packages with multiple components, in which a card needs to be placed inside. And, the boxes need to be packed, taped, and put on a truck. So perhaps Chase wanted to play it safe, as they couldn't be 100% confident that the process would go on time.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:38 am

So do we think everyone who was approved is getting the card expedited? Also got told no way to expedite and I need to buy a plane ticket like yesterday. I could wait until Friday if the card is going to show up, but really don't want to go beyond that and lose the fare!
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by roundtree
Yes
I guess mine hasn't been sent out yet even though I was approved on Monday. I was hoping to have it by Friday as I am traveling over the weekend.

Originally Posted by HGF
Yes.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Data point

Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Originally Posted by HGF
Just spoke to an agent & supervisor. Informed them that both our cards were to be expedited. Was told UPS will need signatures. Staying home today First aprooval in branch Monday, second in branch Tuesday.

Both persons at CSP said " Chase is overwhelmed with numbers, no idea when we can deliver. Chase does not require signatures " ! GO FIGURE.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by smurov
While I agree that there should have been a better "message" the reps would tell us, the idea here is to under-promise and over-deliver... So perhaps Chase wanted to play it safe, as they couldn't be 100% confident that the process would go on time.
I'm quite certain you're correct, especially given the packaging. That said, someone very high up the food chain at Chase knew that, after production, these cards would be delivered via UPS next day air. That info could have been helpful to some.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by suziemay
So do we think everyone who was approved is getting the card expedited? Also got told no way to expedite and I need to buy a plane ticket like yesterday. I could wait until Friday if the card is going to show up, but really don't want to go beyond that and lose the fare!
Was approved last week. 2 cards showed up yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.