Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by 77W_12A
Applied Monday. Got the card on Wednesday afternoon before 3PM PST. Just a plain UPS envelope.
Same here
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Sorry - but this shipping thing is totally out of hand. I wish there was a separate thread just for this, so everyone could just read some usefull information. Based on a few hundred posts, some folks are getting stuff overnight. Some get white envelopes. Some are getting two cards. Some are getting fancy stuff.

GET A LIFE FOLKS - CAN WE STOP POSTING ALL THE UPS CRAP. IT IS ALREADY BEEN SHARED BY A FEW HUNDRED OTHERS.

Disclaimer - I have been reading almost all post, so I also need to get a life.

Okay - slam away.
So, I see that UPS has been bringing lots of people new cards very quickly. I was rejected for having 5000 new cards in the last 24 months, but can UPS still bring me a card by tonight anyway?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by SheltieDad
Question....Is the AF automatically charged to the card when you get it, and if so, does that count against the 4k spend?
I thought they sent us an email of approval with a link to confirm receiving card
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:51 pm

Sorry - but this shipping thing is totally out of hand. I wish there was a separate thread just for this, so everyone could just read some usefull information. Based on a few hundred posts, some folks are getting stuff overnight. Some get white envelopes. Some are getting two cards. Some are getting fancy stuff.

GET A LIFE FOLKS - CAN WE STOP POSTING ALL THE UPS CRAP. IT IS ALREADY BEEN SHARED BY A FEW HUNDRED OTHERS.

Okay - slam away.

Lol, we're getting addicted to CSR.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:57 pm

I am 11/24 but after reading the success of checking with the bank instead of online, I emailed the only branch near me to find out if I was preapproved before making the drive. I have a checking account that I have never written a check on,,,, only opened it to get the $500 cash offer for opening it and it only has a constant $1,500.00 in the account. I have never even been by the branch since the day I opened the account 2 years ago. Quite surprised that I was approved. I do have 3 chase cards, but don't use them except for sometimes the qtr bonus on the Freedom.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by 77W_12A
Applied Monday. Got the card on Wednesday afternoon before 3PM PST. Just a plain UPS envelope.
Exact same here. 48-hour turnaround from online application to card delivery.

I did have to activate mine -- did it online in 30 seconds.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by steve4
Lol, we're getting addicted to CSR.
The first step is admitting that there's a problem.

#csr12stepprogram
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Here is the series of events:
  1. Applied in-branch Monday morning
  2. Banker immediately called recon and said they don't need anything
  3. I called recon (several times) and told nothing could be done
  4. I called recon and card services some more and told nothing could be done, just wait for the mail
  5. Withdrew my application
  6. Applied fresh online, approved

Throughout it all, one of the status lines said 2 weeks, the other 30 days.

Also, the card shows in my account.
This is an excellent DP. How did you withdraw your app? Call recon again to withdraw?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
Received my CSR via UPS today. I applied on Monday. Apparently there was no need to worry about not having my card for my travel next week!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:31 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Applied and approved using the 8/15 link--still no sign of a card, no UPS notice via e-mail (I have a MyChoice acct), nothing--guess I'll keep waiting
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat

Okay - slam away.
LOL, this thread is like the Energizer Bunny.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:34 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
This is an excellent DP. How did you withdraw your app? Call recon again to withdraw?
Yep
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
For those getting pretty white envelopes, did it show on the UPS site. Or was it untrackable?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:42 pm

I received my CSR card and plan to downgrade my CSP to a Chase Freedom Unlimited. For the CSP I was charged the annual fee on July 1st, less than 2 months ago. Do you think Chase will refund or prorate that charge when I downgrade?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Minty415
I received my CSR card and plan to downgrade my CSP to a Chase Freedom Unlimited. For the CSP I was charged the annual fee on July 1st, less than 2 months ago. Do you think Chase will refund or prorate that charge when I downgrade?
they told me as long as it's within 60 days it'll be refunded on your next statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.