Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What, specifically, makes JPM Reserve more appealing to you than Sapphire Reserve?
United Club really. That's a huge benefit and the major difference with the Sapphire Reserve. Though people who hold this card are paying extra for the benefit by having their assets under active management by JPM Private Bank.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by DrForce
Though people who hold this card are paying extra for the benefit by having their assets under active management by JPM Private Bank.
Not necessarily. My prior FA charged an annual fee of 2% AUM (yes, a huge ripoff) which makes CPB look like a deal. Of course if you have time & inclination you can use a roboadvisor which costs only .0025% or you can simply do it yourself using one of the many free tools (e.g. Schwab intelligent portfolio) and pay 0%.

Also as noted above you may not need to maintain a JPM or CPB account to renew your JPM-R card.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cce5858
...only things JPM Reserve has additional to the Sapphire Reserve is United Club, hidden trade line, more attractive card, no cash advance and late fees, in that order of importance....
Understood, but I was asking which of these differences WantsAmex finds compelling.

If Chase wanted to create an intermediate card I suppose it could be Sapphire Reserve Plus with United Club access only when flying UA. They haven't left themselves much room to do more.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There won't be an "intermediate card" - there is no realisticspace for that plus Chase admitted that it cost a fortune to launch CSR and they are hoping to recoup that with renewals and cross-selling. The only reason JPM-R exists is that CPB/JPM would have lost existing Palladium cardholders like myself who would not have appreciated being converted to CSR. In fact my understanding is that UC is a grandfathered benefit - I don't think we've seen reports of anyone with a new JPM that has it.

That being said, I could see JPM creating a super premium product similar to the Black Cards, but it would have to be a heck of card to justify a higher AF. So far that has not been the case IMO - a lot of illusory benefits.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Boraxo
There won't be an "intermediate card" - there is no realisticspace for that plus Chase admitted that it cost a fortune to launch CSR and they are hoping to recoup that with renewals and cross-selling. The only reason JPM-R exists is that CPB/JPM would have lost existing Palladium cardholders like myself who would not have appreciated being converted to CSR. In fact my understanding is that UC is a grandfathered benefit - I don't think we've seen reports of anyone with a new JPM that has it.

That being said, I could see JPM creating a super premium product similar to the Black Cards, but it would have to be a heck of card to justify a higher AF. So far that has not been the case IMO - a lot of illusory benefits.
I got the JPMR new last September and asked for the UC Membership, which they processed immediately.

From what I understand, it's an unadvertised benefit because the MP Club card is advertised as the only card that comes with UC Membership.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I got the JPMR new last September and asked for the UC Membership, which they processed immediately.

From what I understand, it's an unadvertised benefit because the MP Club card is advertised as the only card that comes with UC Membership.
^ ^

That has always been the case so good to hear that nothing has changed as that would suggest that UC benefit will not be phased out.

P.S. UC has auto-renewed every year for me and new card is sent before old one expires.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
I got the JPMR new last September....
Which brings up the question of who is the last FTer to get a JPMR, and was UC a benefit?

Me: 11/16; Yes
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
^

^ ^

That has always been the case so good to hear that nothing has changed as that would suggest that UC benefit will not be phased out.

P.S. UC has auto-renewed every year for me and new card is sent before old one expires.
Same here, got card August of last year and have United Club. Palladium card never appealed to me. And United Club auto renewed August 1 of this year. But UC card keeps sending to my address in Japan, and no way to change that unless I want to pay PQD.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:16 am

The interesting part is that most of the guys would be getting fee waivers to begin with since they're mostly JPMPB clients, so AF would be moot. That is, unless they're trying to use the AF to weed out people who should be in CPC instead.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDJennings
The interesting part is that most of the guys would be getting fee waivers to begin with since they're mostly JPMPB clients, so AF would be moot. That is, unless they're trying to use the AF to weed out people who should be in CPC instead.
Good point. I was more adamant about seeking an AF waiver when it was $595/year and the card did not include a $300 travel rebate. Now that the net cost of the AF is $150, I'm less inclined to pursue it.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
Any luck successfully leveraging a CPC relationship to get this card?

I know its intended for Private Bank ($10 million+) individuals
I am neither CPC or PM and I have it. More than one CPC "branch manager" has told me CPC or PM status is not needed to get the card. In other words, if the right people at chase want you to have it (they seem to think it is a lead generator to try to get my investment biz) it can happen.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:50 am

Interesting. When did you get it? From my understanding, there was a loophole to get the card. Seems like now it’s near impossible to get without being in PB. Even CPC doesn’t seem to carry much leverage to get to card. Unless if I’m just not talking to the right people
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by WantsAmex
Interesting. When did you get it? From my understanding, there was a loophole to get the card. Seems like now it’s near impossible to get without being in PB. Even CPC doesn’t seem to carry much leverage to get to card. Unless if I’m just not talking to the right people
A more important question to ask is when did Dr Wanderlust get the card. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you have significant assets that they want under management (well into the 8 figures), you can get the card.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Agree 100%. Any updates?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
A more important question to ask is when did Dr Wanderlust get the card. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you have significant assets that they want under management (well into the 8 figures), you can get the card.
Average AUM there is north of $250 million so high 8 figures isn't "much" so to speak. On an unrelated note, just got a $750 Bergdorf Goodman GC with a happy Thanksgiving note today did anyone else get something recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.