Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Platinum premiere at $75k annual

I hit the $10k spend before the deadline for merger so currently have platinum-regular through 2020 since I was already gold

does that mean if I hit the $75k I will get platinum premiere?

might be worth it to MS if so, since i really need United silver and don’t have any other way
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Originally Posted by Carl

The 10% annual points rebate was discontinued under the new program so the credit we recently received covered the YTD payout before that feature went away.
i didnt get the 10% bonus just checked my acxount

is this something I can send a message to Amex customer support to Apply ? Or do I need to talk to starrinrot ?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Is Marriott Plat worth MSing for now?

$73,200 x 2.5% Plastiq = $1830 in fees and 150,060 points earned.
You would need to redeem Marriott points at 1.2cpp just to break even. They're not worth that much IMO.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:24 am

Instead of Plastiq 2.5% you can overpay your federal taxes. I used pay1040 last year 1.87% to MS on Amex BBP 2x
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by flymax77

i didnt get the 10% bonus just checked my acxount

is this something I can send a message to Amex customer support to Apply ? Or do I need to talk to starrinrot ?
I received my "annual points premium" in Oct-2018 statement. This may be the last one.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flymax77
I hit the $10k spend before the deadline for merger so currently have platinum-regular through 2020 since I was already gold

does that mean if I hit the $75k I will get platinum premiere?

might be worth it to MS if so, since i really need United silver and don’t have any other way
Not sure if is certain that the Plat Elite status runs through early 2020.

The $75,000 spending gets you to Plat Elite only. No spending to get to Plat Premiere.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by phant0m
Is Marriott Plat worth MSing for now?

$73,200 x 2.5% Plastiq = $1830 in fees and 150,060 points earned.
Originally Posted by pallhedge
You would need to redeem Marriott points at 1.2cpp just to break even. They're not worth that much IMO.
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Instead of Plastiq 2.5% you can overpay your federal taxes. I used pay1040 last year 1.87% to MS on Amex BBP 2x
The OP was asking about the Chase Marriott or AmEx SPG card, which is earning 2x MR points. The old AmEx SPG card would be worth it. But that is gone. Only the Marriott Business card can remotely get you there if the spending can be considered to earn 4x MR points. But most likely it is NO.

Plastiq sometimes has promotions to get the fee lowered. But the proms are mostly on Mastercard, not Chase Visa.

Plastiq can be good if you need to spend to get the bonus, or chase certain elite levels.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Any update on the length of the Marriott Platinum Elite status from the original RC Gold? I'm the original Gold member from the $10,000 spending. Platinum Elite to early 2019 or to early 2020?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Plastiq can be good if you need to spend to get the bonus, or chase certain elite levels.
Agreed. Can also be good for non bonus spend with the AmEx Blue Business Plus (I value at $.015 to $.02 per MR point, 2 points/$, so easily more than Plastiq cost). Ymmv. Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
In pure points I agree but what about the value of the status now? I've had good experiences with the old pre merger gold but not sure how platinum is now.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:39 am

My card details got skimmed somewhere on a recent trip - chase sent me a replacement ritz card. It's so light now; I will admit that the absurdly heavy card was a bit of fun.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Any update on the length of the Marriott Platinum Elite status from the original RC Gold? I'm the original Gold member from the $10,000 spending. Platinum Elite to early 2019 or to early 2020?
I called RC/Marriott Reward line. The words are: we received the new Marriott Plat status through the RC/MR/SPG merge back in Aug-2018. The status will last to the rest of the year and all of 2019. Then we can accumulate nights or spending to get to Plat for year 2020.

I'm not sure what sectors of the member this refers to. I get AmEx Plat/SPG gold and RC/$10k spending Gold, but not real Marriott Gold. At least I get one year to accumulate the nights and spendings.
mpeterson78 and danbnash like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:59 am

I called Marriott Rewards line. The agent looked at my account and said the system shows expiration date 1/31/2019 not 2020 on my platinum elite. I was AMEX SPG Gold and new RC Gold before the merge.

Could not find any link on marriott website to address the above status issue. Anyone can provide the link?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:14 am

Curious to see about this Platinum Elite Status too. I have been SPG Gold for $30k/year spending for years but did get the Ritz Card last year (and recently closed it) and just had a chance to stay at a Westin and enjoy the Platinum Elite status for the first time. I have to say the upgrades and the desk personnel were super nice. I would love to keep the Plat Elite Status as long as possible (as I'm sure most of us). I wish I had more time to enjoy it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:14 am

Is there a place of DP's for travel credit usage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.