Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Last edited by RedSun; Sep 8, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:13 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question. The chase site says the $100 hotel amenity credit is good at Ritz Carlton and Marriott luxury hotels. I had thought it was RC only— what brands qualify as Marriott luxury? Thanks.
Werty7777 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This may not be the definitive answer, but on this page Marriott has grouped all the hotel brands:

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi

The Luxury category has two tiers:
Classic Luxury includes Ritz-Carlton, St Regis, JW Marriott.
Distinctive Luxury includes Ritz Carlton Reserve*, The Luxury Collection, BVLGARI*, W , Edition
*Does not participate in Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or SPG.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:44 am

2 free nighfs

Has anybody received the 2 free nights certificate from the credit card bonus recently? I hit the minimum spending over 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:15 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by acefspadez
Has anybody received the 2 free nights certificate from the credit card bonus recently? I hit the minimum spending over 2 weeks ago.
No, same here. Points deposited, no free night certificates.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by rrgg
Sorry if this is a dumb question. The chase site says the $100 hotel amenity credit is good at Ritz Carlton and Marriott luxury hotels. I had thought it was RC only— what brands qualify as Marriott luxury? Thanks.
Originally Posted by mia
This may not be the definitive answer, but on this page Marriott has grouped all the hotel brands:

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi

The Luxury category has two tiers:
Classic Luxury includes Ritz-Carlton, St Regis, JW Marriott.
Distinctive Luxury includes Ritz Carlton Reserve*, The Luxury Collection, BVLGARI*, W , Edition
*Does not participate in Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or SPG.
Is the $100 credit at "Marriott luxury properties" new? I remember it being applicable at Ritz-Carlton properties, but not at any other brands.

Has anyone had any experience in using the $100 credit at a JW Marriott or St. Regis?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Is the $100 credit at "Marriott luxury properties" new? I remember it being applicable at Ritz-Carlton properties, but not at any other brands.

Has anyone had any experience in using the $100 credit at a JW Marriott or St. Regis?
I just tried the Z34 code and only ritz carltons are showing available rates. Also just saw the updated language on the Chase site referencing OR luxury hotels.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:15 am

Thank you mia for the added info!

I think it's new which is part of the reason I asked, but I'm also new to the card. I added it to the Wiki.

I didn't know about code Z34. Does that mean in order to get the credit you must use the code in the reservation? I was hoping it was simpler and you could just get a spa treatment or dinner or whatever and the credit would appear in the folio somehow.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

I think it's new which is part of the reason I asked, but I'm also new to the card. I added it to the Wiki.

I didn't know about code Z34. Does that mean in order to get the credit you must use the code in the reservation? I was hoping it was simpler and you could just get a spa treatment or dinner or whatever and the credit would appear in the folio somehow.
The plain language suggests it is a specific rate that is only available for stays of 2 nights or more. It doesnt specify a booking code for non Ritz properties, and suggests it's a different benefit.

EDIT : I'm not seeing the language in the T&c anymore, and now the Ritz only stuff is there.

Last edited by Adam1222; Sep 11, 2018 at 5:29 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

That is the way it used to be in the past.

My guess is that the booking codes are still a work in progress with the merger and it will take time until the dust settle.

In any case, it would be a special booking code and not just a credit given without one. Although the one time I did use it, residual value was applied to thing it should not have been applied to (i.e., room rate), which suggests the hotels have some flexibility.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm not seeing the language in the T&c anymore, and now the Ritz only stuff is there.
From https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges:

$100 HOTEL CREDIT*
Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To reserve your Hotel Credit, please call or have your travel professional contact The Ritz-Carlton Reservations at 1-800-542-8680.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

$100 HOTEL CREDIT*
Enjoy a complimentary $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

To reserve your Hotel Credit, please call or have your travel professional contact The Ritz-Carlton Reservations at 1-800-542-8680.
Gotcha. The Terms and Conditions pages dont include that language and Id thought Id seen it earlier. (https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.c...and-conditions) Perhaps this is still being rolled out.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:18 am

$100 HOTEL CREDIT*

In other words... "Pay us an extra $150 a night and we'll give you a $100 a stay credit!" Have yet to find a good use of this "benefit" :-(
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by applesauce
In other words... "Pay us an extra $150 a night and we'll give you a $100 a stay credit!" Have yet to find a good use of this "benefit" :-(
the only times this is somewhat usefull is combining it with the club upgrades. For example:

ritz carlton orlando cheapest rate was $210
z34 club upgrade only was $230
z34 club upgrade plus $100 credit was also $230.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by RedSun
No, same here. Points deposited, no free night certificates.
Same, really frustrating as I'm looking to book something soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.