Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:12 pm

[QUOTE=macmedic;30133290]

Mine already have
  • RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points

Expires:
The system still doesn’t allow you to use it at SPG properties....

Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=acefspadez;30136835]
Originally Posted by macmedic

Mine already have
  • RCR Card 1 Free Night up to 60,000 Points

Expires:
The system still doesn’t allow you to use it at SPG properties....

I believe they coming to Starwood properties soon(ish)?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:43 pm

Is it possible to use one of the 3 club upgrades on an award stay? From reading the description I don't think so. I couldn't find any discussion of this. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rrgg
Is it possible to use one of the 3 club upgrades on an award stay? From reading the description I don't think so. I couldn't find any discussion of this. Thanks.
no.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
My statement just ended a few days ago, the points already posted on my ritz but the free nights have not. Did anyone else who just applied checked their statements if they got the same results?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:57 pm

Status bumps to Platinum Elite for Ritz-Carlton Rewards card cardholders have been clarified:

Automatic Gold Elite status (no spend requirement) – cardmembers who have earned Gold Status before August 26 will get Platinum Elite Status through 2019 to guarantee lounge access
Also, you will not be bumped up to Platinum Premier Elite if you were Platinum Elite through $75k spend:

When you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be automatically elevated to Platinum Elite status. Cardmembers who have earned Platinum Elite Status before August 26 will get Platinum Elite Status through 2019. Additional benefits include a 48-hour room availability guarantee and a 50 percent bonus on The Ritz-Carlton Rewards points you earn.
This is from Ritz-Carlton Rewards card's site:

https://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/privileges
mia likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For cl decrease trick to work - does it have to happen within 30 days of fee posting or pretty much any time?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by WhatWhatTech
Status bumps to Platinum Elite for Ritz-Carlton Rewards card cardholders have been clarified:

Also, you will not be bumped up to Platinum Premier Elite if you were Platinum Elite through $75k spend:

I'm confused. What happens to Gold Elite through $10k spend?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold

Well that is not much of a clarification because we don't know what "through 2019" means - February 2019 or December 2019.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Well that is not much of a clarification because we don't know what "through 2019" means - February 2019 or December 2019.
I mean the normal English meaning of "through" is "through", not until "the second month of"
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by azepine00
For cl decrease trick to work - does it have to happen within 30 days of fee posting or pretty much any time?
It does not have to be within 30 days of AF posting; if the AF already posted then a credit will automagically appear within a few days of lowering. For the second AF, YMMV. I don't know of any data points showing this works for the third AF or beyond...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:59 pm

Unhappy

Ugh. I read this to say if you just signed up and got "old gold" for one year, it will end in 2018 when the "new platinum" expires. That hurts several of us if I theorized correctly.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
In my opinion, Chase and marriott need to at a minimum provide the benefits the cardholders are entitled to until 2020. For example, I spent 10k on the Ritz card by Feb. That essentially entitled me to Gold (i.e, Lounge status) through 2020. By reducing things to a 2019 end-date, this is a huge devaluation and is false advertising.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Aug 29, 2018 at 6:33 am
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Werty7777
Ugh. I read this to say if you just signed up and got "old gold" for one year, it will end in 2018 when the "new platinum" expires. That hurts several of us if I theorized correctly.
"through 2019" means all of 2019 though, right?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
as far as I remember I did it almost at the end of the first year and it did the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.