Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Oh but they do control it. It is a benefit of the card and they can make things happen if they wish to.

Getting to the right person at Chase - that is the issue.
Whether they can push Marriott to do it is irrelevant if Marriott is already doing it.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Whether they can push Marriott to do it is irrelevant if Marriott is already doing it.
Marriott does nothing without it being pushed from Chase.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by fu841u6
Question is who's the right person to contact at Chase?
I don't know yet. I'm working my way up the escaltion pathways.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:09 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Marriott does nothing without it being pushed from Chase.
It is the agreement between Chase and Marriott. We do not know what it is. Very bad at communication.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/SPG Plat
Hi,

I have the Ritz Card (and lifetime marriott plat). My renewal is up. Is it worth keeping since card is discontinued or is it best to cancel card?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cfacpamba
Hi,

I have the Ritz Card (and lifetime marriott plat). My renewal is up. Is it worth keeping since card is discontinued or is it best to cancel card?
Thats a very personal thing.

Consider the cards you already have and if the benefits overlap.

These are the highlighted benefits of this card:

$100 Domestic Round trip Discount
$300 Incidental credit
Priority pass with unlimited Guest and also free priority pass for authorized users.
$2,500 Medical and dental Insurance with $50 deductible on travel.
Free night at a property up to 50,000 points
3 Club upgrades on Ritz Carlton and $100 to spend on resort.
A really cool metal card lol
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Just received two RCR Card Free Nights up to 60,000 MRs. Statement closed on early Sept. Points deposited in 3 days. Welcome certificates deposited in 10 days.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just received two RCR Card Free Nights up to 60,000 MRs. Statement closed on early Sept. Points deposited in 3 days. Welcome certificates deposited in 10 days.
Hmm.. I haven't received mine. Mine closed on Aug 26. Is this your first statement? I am going to call Chase.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by tonywush
Hmm.. I haven't received mine. Mine closed on Aug 26. Is this your first statement? I am going to call Chase.
I haven't received points or nights yet either. Second statement closed on the 11th. I did get points on the first statement and spend was completed on second statement for reference.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by acefspadez
Has anybody received the 2 free nights certificate from the credit card bonus recently? I hit the minimum spending over 2 weeks ago.
I sent Chase a message asking what happened to my points and 2-free night certificates that I have yet to receive after meeting the spending requirement at the end of August and they responded one week later saying that I will receive the 2-free night certs when the next statement closes in early October, but they did confirm that I qualified and will receive them. After some delay, they also posted my points from the $4,000 spend. I also bought a couple of RC gift cards from the RC website as part of my spend. I was only expecting to receive 2 points per dollar for the purchase, but they gave me 6 points per dollar spent for the gift cards. I have read on this site that you will get 10 Rewards points and 5 bonus points (if you're Platinum) for gift card spend at RC hotels, so the 6 points received for the GCs means that I will wind up with 21 points per dollar spent, which is exactly what I would have received had I used the Ritz Card alone to charge the hotel rate and incidentals as a Platinum Elite member.
tonywush likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
My first statement after meeting MSR is in 5 days, so this is looking good that the nights will post soon after!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Thats a very personal thing.

Consider the cards you already have and if the benefits overlap.

These are the highlighted benefits of this card:

$100 Domestic Round trip Discount
$300 Incidental credit
Priority pass with unlimited Guest and also free priority pass for authorized users.
$2,500 Medical and dental Insurance with $50 deductible on travel.
Free night at a property up to 50,000 points
3 Club upgrades on Ritz Carlton and $100 to spend on resort.
A really cool metal card lol
Hehe... Not anymore! Now it's just like the Amazon prime card... or the CSP, regular Marriott card or any other similar card Chase issues.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by anam
Hehe... Not anymore! Now it's just like the Amazon prime card... or the CSP, regular Marriott card or any other similar card Chase issues.
Sure, it is a bad cheap plastic card. Just move on. Good luck with the rest.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:11 am

Just got my statement for 8/18 - 9/18 and saw that there was a 10k in "bonus points". This is my second statement. Not sure what this is from?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Just got my statement for 8/18 - 9/18 and saw that there was a 10k in "bonus points". This is my second statement. Not sure what this is from?
Did you add an AU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.