Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
plus the priority passes will continue to work at restaurants
Also, one of the few where there isn't a limit on how many free guests you can bring into a PP lounge. CNB Visa is one of the few others that come to mind don't limit number of guests.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Also, one of the few where there isn't a limit on how many free guests you can bring into a PP lounge. CNB Visa is one of the few others that come to mind don't limit number of guests.
Truth, I'm weighing the benefits as its probably silly to keep ritz (no brainer to keep), csr (when you have ink+ its not that great), prestige (5x cats still worth it but insurances going away), and amex plat biz (Wework is my main reason to hang on to it for now). I think csr is first one to go. I have however used all 4 priority passes at once at the minute suites for a free 4 hour nap (took them a few minutes to figure it out but that worked). It seems the insurance benefits for ritz and csr are now the exact same, so there isn't a need for both in my situation. Probably will load my ez-pass $300 january 1st then downgrade csr, or maybe better to load 300 to uber if possible.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

It is not the number of cards or the overlapping of the benefits. It is your benefit vs costs that matter. I could get 6 CCs all paying $450 AFs. But if I can keep each card positive, then I can keep all of them.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Retention offers on this card come up every other year.

Another year that Chase is paying me to keep the card open - 150$ retention offer again (same as two years ago), on grandfathered credit card fee. Using the $100 rebate couple of times this year as well.

As opposed to all other "premium" credit card that I have, some of which becoming more and more hard to justify, this one is a keeper. And that is not the first time I've said that.
Would it be a keeper without the $100 airfare rebate?
I don't have the opportunity to to that, as most of my travel is on business, so I can't have my wife join me and pay with a personal card. The other trips are either awards or one way.

I'm going through the same thought process as everyone, but I keep assessing the card towards the bottom and not the top due to the difficulty in using the travel credits (vs. Prestige and Bonvoy Brilliant) and the lack of use in the $100 off.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
It is not the number of cards or the overlapping of the benefits. It is your benefit vs costs that matter. I could get 6 CCs all paying $450 AFs. But if I can keep each card positive, then I can keep all of them.
Right, so the CSR is the one I can't keep positive if I'm never going to get less than .015 cpp anyways, the ritz has the same travel insurance things, the citi has better dining/flights, amex has lots of other stuffs (even the evac insurance). $150/year isn't much, but I suppose when I downgrade it to a freedom, I can do even better with the 5x categories. I can always upgrade it back to a CSR if something changes (hopefully). Same goes for people with amex plats, you can downgrade it to the green then if you want it again upgrade it. Bottom line is that the Ritz is the easiest to get your money back without even spending a dime... (well $300 on aeroplan fees...).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Would it be a keeper without the $100 airfare rebate?
I don't have the opportunity to to that, as most of my travel is on business, so I can't have my wife join me and pay with a personal card. The other trips are either awards or one way.

I'm going through the same thought process as everyone, but I keep assessing the card towards the bottom and not the top due to the difficulty in using the travel credits (vs. Prestige and Bonvoy Brilliant) and the lack of use in the $100 off.
It would be a personal preference of course. I can get enough value from the free night to justify the fee. I am also find using the $300 a year on things I would have used anyway sometime a problem (but calling in is very lenient on what they reimburse you). I probably buy more TOD upgrades than I would have otherwise.

However, my (free) AUs are enjoying their PP when traveling without me and that alone is worth the fee.

Considering I'm grandfather to the old fee, and Chase pays me to keep the card open every other year - for me the calculus is in the +++ territory even if I don't use the $300 a year completely.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
It would be a personal preference of course. I can get enough value from the free night to justify the fee. I am also find using the $300 a year on things I would have used anyway sometime a problem (but calling in is very lenient on what they reimburse you). I probably buy more TOD upgrades than I would have otherwise.

However, my (free) AUs are enjoying their PP when traveling without me and that alone is worth the fee.

Considering I'm grandfather to the old fee, and Chase pays me to keep the card open every other year - for me the calculus is in the +++ territory even if I don't use the $300 a year completely.
Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Retention offers on this card come up every other year.
Curious, opened card in 2018 and this will be my first renewing card. I tried to ask for retention offer but was told that no offers currently. Does the every other year start with opening of card. So technically, when annual fee due 2020, I should be eligible for retention. I was hoping to get retention this year and then start the every other year cycle. Thanks,
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Curious, opened card in 2018 and this will be my first renewing card. I tried to ask for retention offer but was told that no offers currently. Does the every other year start with opening of card. So technically, when annual fee due 2020, I should be eligible for retention. I was hoping to get retention this year and then start the every other year cycle. Thanks,
Wonder why you think you'll receive retention?

I do not think there is such thing of eligible for retention. The CC company can decide whatever it wants to do.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:51 pm

Wonder why you think you'll receive retention?

I do not think there is such thing of eligible for retention. The CC company can decide whatever it wants to do.
Search this thread and you'll find ~50 mentions of "retention". So there's that..
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:09 am
Suspended

Search this thread and you'll find ~50 mentions of "retention". So there's that..
Sure if you are in luck. There is no such thing of eligible for retention. It is up to the bank to decide.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:38 am

You asked why they think they'll get a retention offer. It's due to data points. Some credit cards like American Express go on cycles for retention offers. For example, I've had the SPG card for 10 years before they made the brand change. They would only offer a retention offer every other year. If you called up a year after they'd either say you aren't edible or that they could see you had received one the year prior and therefore were not eligible for the current year. The data points point so something similar with the Ritz card. Other Chase branded cards may be more about luck or the amount of money you spent in the prior calendar year.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:48 am
Suspended

You asked why they think they'll get a retention offer. It's due to data points. Some credit cards like American Express go on cycles for retention offers. For example, I've had the SPG card for 10 years before they made the brand change. They would only offer a retention offer every other year. If you called up a year after they'd either say you aren't edible or that they could see you had received one the year prior and therefore were not eligible for the current year. The data points point so something similar with the Ritz card. Other Chase branded cards may be more about luck or the amount of money you spent in the prior calendar year.
I think it totally depends on the CC bank, the particular card and the card situation. Things can certainly change.

Before it was almost impossible to get any retention offer on Chase CSR. Not with the competition, it may be easier to get one. RC has been discontinued, but is still sought after, Chase may not get incentive to offer you one.

When Barclay was working on its Aviator card upgrade, no one was "eligible" to receive any retention offer because of the freeze. So some people closed the cards to avoid new AFs. It varies for BA and Citi. It may be easier to get an offer from AmEx....
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:52 pm

Sure if you are in luck. There is no such thing of eligible for retention. It is up to the bank to decide.
I think it totally depends on the CC bank, the particular card and the card situation. Things can certainly change.

Before it was almost impossible to get any retention offer on Chase CSR. Not with the competition, it may be easier to get one. RC has been discontinued, but is still sought after, Chase may not get incentive to offer you one.

When Barclay was working on its Aviator card upgrade, no one was "eligible" to receive any retention offer because of the freeze. So some people closed the cards to avoid new AFs. It varies for BA and Citi. It may be easier to get an offer from AmEx....
Didn't you just say that there was no such thing as being eligible for a retention? I feel like you are just trying to hassle someone who asked a pretty basic question. At the end of the day there are data points for this particular card showing it may be more likely that you'll be offered a retention offer with the Ritz every other year. The OP is asking if those who obtained retention offers recently completed their second or third year with the card.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Didn't you just say that there was no such thing as being eligible for a retention? I feel like you are just trying to hassle someone who asked a pretty basic question. At the end of the day there are data points for this particular card showing it may be more likely that you'll be offered a retention offer with the Ritz every other year. The OP is asking if those who obtained retention offers recently completed their second or third year with the card.
Why you say that. If you want to press retention, just give Chase a call to see what you have to offer. Simple like that.

There is just no such thing of eligible for retention. No one is entitled for any retention. It is not cardholder's right of getting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.