Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
There is just no such thing of eligible for retention. No one is entitled .....
Eligible does not mean entitled. If we know that an issuer does not usually grant retention bonuses in consecutive years, it seems sensible to say that I am eligible or ineligible this year. Eligibility is just the first threshold, it does guarantee a bonus.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You asked why they think they'll get a retention offer. It's due to data points. Some credit cards like American Express go on cycles for retention offers. For example, I've had the SPG card for 10 years before they made the brand change. They would only offer a retention offer every other year. If you called up a year after they'd either say you aren't edible or that they could see you had received one the year prior and therefore were not eligible for the current year. The data points point so something similar with the Ritz card. Other Chase branded cards may be more about luck or the amount of money you spent in the prior calendar year.
Admittedly, I have not perused this thread to look up RC data points. Are there any retention offers since 7.26.18?

Just speculating but I doubt anyone would be offered a retention bonus on a discontinued card (discontinued for new issuance).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:47 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mia
Eligible does not mean entitled. If we know that an issuer does not usually grant retention bonuses in consecutive years, it seems sensible to say that I am eligible or ineligible this year. Eligibility is just the first threshold, it does guarantee a bonus.
Sure thing. But we all know that retention is really YMMV. With an orphan card like RC, it is more a case by case thing. It is not business as usual like before when the card is still active. Being eligible (self thinking) may be just wishful thinking.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:25 pm

I called in today. No retention offer on my account. I've used the card quite a lot.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
With my recent CNB Crystal approval, I was poking around the benefits page and noticed that It's possible to upfare your $100 Discount Coach tickets...

The terms and Conditions of both the CNB Crystal and Ritz Carlton Card state the same thing in the FAQ with regards to upgrades.

Does anyone have any real life experience with doing this ? I know that airlines can be funny about modifying tickets that were purchased through 3rd party OTA's. I assume thats how the Visa Infinite discount is booked. I cant access it yet as I dont have my card number but it looks like you need to login to the website and book through there.

Anyone have experience with this ?

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Aug 2, 2019 at 5:46 pm Reason: Pulled CNB Crystal screen shot.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
I called in today. No retention offer on my account. I've used the card quite a lot.
Called in for my card and was given $150 off of my annual fee($450). Had the card for 2 years and this is my first retention offer. Used it probably for 7-8 k the previous year.
hi55us likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
Admittedly, I have not perused this thread to look up RC data points. Are there any retention offers since 7.26.18?

Just speculating but I doubt anyone would be offered a retention bonus on a discontinued card (discontinued for new issuance).
I have this year. On a 2 year cycle like clock work.
txpenny likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:55 pm

First year for renewal, called in to ask if there were any retention offers on this card. Put just under $20K spend on it first year, no retention offer. I like the card and had no intentions on product changing but I figured it was worth a shot. See what happens next year!
hi55us and RedSun like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I know the RC Visa Infinite is no longer accepting applications, but are there any data points about Marriott Bonvoy Boundless users upgrading to this card?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:21 am
mia

1. Has the Boundless card been open for at least a full year?

2. Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
1. Has the Boundless card been open for at least a full year?

2. Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.
Sorry for the double post. No, but if Boundless card was opened for at least a full year, does Chase actually allow someone to product transfer to the RC Visa Infinite considering the card is now closed for applications?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:24 am
mia

Product change example HERE. There are a few others in this thread.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Product change example HERE. There are a few others in this thread.
Thanks Mia! OMG, I think I need to get this card asap before Chase prevents people from doing a product transfer to that card. Does Chase allow me to shift credit limits between cards? This way I can get the $10k CL necessary for the product transfer when the time comes.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks Mia! OMG, I think I need to get this card asap before Chase prevents people from doing a product transfer to that card. Does Chase allow me to shift credit limits between cards? This way I can get the $10k CL necessary for the product transfer when the time comes.
Yes Chase is one of the easiest to shift credits.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm just wondering if anyone here is putting $75k on this card to get Platinum elite status? Is it really worth it? I know there's an opportunity cost here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.