Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

My AF came up last week. No retention offers on the account, but minimal spend beyond sign up bonus & the $300 travel credit. Tried to product change to freedom unlimited but they are only allowing product change to other products in the Marriott card family. I moved the credit line to my CSR and closed the account.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

It only works to avoid the first AF and on some occasions the second annual fee. I’ve seen the first AF credit back if it’s already been charged but I haven’t seen this happen with the second, as the window of time is very small.
Does it matter if you ask to lower the limit before the card hits the 2nd year AF? Chase upped the limit to 5k after the 1sr year 1.5 k reduction, and I'm about to hit the 2nd year. Curious to see if the 2nd year will work again and what's the best strategy to make it happen. Whatever the outcome though, the card is a keeper for me.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Does it matter if you ask to lower the limit before the card hits the 2nd year AF? Chase upped the limit to 5k after the 1sr year 1.5 k reduction, and I'm about to hit the 2nd year. Curious to see if the 2nd year will work again and what's the best strategy to make it happen. Whatever the outcome though, the card is a keeper for me.
I opened my card late 2017 (can't see if i charged anything to it before Jan '18).

$450 billed 1 Jan 2018, Cleared the 5k spend in Jan.
$450 credited 28 feb 2018 . (after switch to $1500)
no fee since.
I'm not planning on using this card for much spend anyways so there is no harm to me at leaving the limit at 1500. All points suggest 2 years is the max waiver, but I will write if a 3rd year comes out $0.

Regardless, this is the best card out there. Even after the $450 fee you are paying $150 (450-300) for 6 priority passes and a free night at a ritz. (not to mention the companion and other benefits).
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
My AF came up last week. No retention offers on the account, but minimal spend beyond sign up bonus & the $300 travel credit. Tried to product change to freedom unlimited but they are only allowing product change to other products in the Marriott card family. I moved the credit line to my CSR and closed the account.
Retention offers on this card come up every other year.

Another year that Chase is paying me to keep the card open - 150$ retention offer again (same as two years ago), on grandfathered credit card fee. Using the $100 rebate couple of times this year as well.

As opposed to all other "premium" credit card that I have, some of which becoming more and more hard to justify, this one is a keeper. And that is not the first time I've said that.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:54 pm

My annual renewal is soon. I will try to call in for the $150 retention offer else I might do the lower credit limit trick.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:45 pm

Is it just as simple as calling and asking if there's a retention offer on the account? I have approximately $18,000 spend on it since opening last July and I plan on keeping the card anyway but was thinking of calling since my renewal just came up (AF hasn't hit yet, but free night was already deposited to account). I'll probably just mention that I have another travel card that I also use frequently and was thinking of getting rid of one of them.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by steelydeely
Is it just as simple as calling and asking if there's a retention offer on the account? I have approximately $18,000 spend on it since opening last July and I plan on keeping the card anyway but was thinking of calling since my renewal just came up (AF hasn't hit yet, but free night was already deposited to account). I'll probably just mention that I have another travel card that I also use frequently and was thinking of getting rid of one of them.
Because the call goes to the executive line I find that the usual song and dance is not necessary. I’m upfront by saying I’m evaluating whether to keep the card and ask if there are any retention offers available. It is all handled by the same person and one does not need to hear all the benefits etc like other banks/cards.
steelydeely likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:23 pm

What are people using the $300 credit on? Has it worked on gift cards?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JMWEEZ
What are people using the $300 credit on? Has it worked on gift cards?
You might want to read some of the 3000 posts in this thread to see, and/or the wiki that explicitly addresses this question.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
You might want to read some of the 3000 posts in this thread to see, and/or the wiki that explicitly addresses this question.
Oh cool, did you just send an SM to get reimbursed for that?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by JMWEEZ
Oh cool, did you just send an SM to get reimbursed for that?
"You might want to read some of the 3000 posts in this thread to see, and/or the wiki that explicitly addresses this question."
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:47 am

Has anyone successfully upgraded to a Ritz card? I am thinking of downgrading and maybe upgrading back to it again in the future
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:27 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jm38750n
Has anyone successfully upgraded to a Ritz card? I am thinking of downgrading and maybe upgrading back to it again in the future
To escape annual fee?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
To escape annual fee?
That's part of it. I'm also at the point where I won't be approved for more cards even after reducing the CL with Chase. I was at 9 cards before, but now have 8.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by jm38750n
That's part of it. I'm also at the point where I won't be approved for more cards even after reducing the CL with Chase. I was at 9 cards before, but now have 8.

If you don't get a retention offer, surely you could get $150 value out of the Free ritz night? PM me if that isn't the case.

I have 9 chase cards and unless some 5/24-exempt card opens up, im pretty happy with most of the AFs. No way Chase is going to approve me unless the card is exempt.

(1) ritz- ~$150 mentioned above throughly, free night, 6 priority passes, $100 off airfare, etc.
(2) hyatt- $95 for a night cert
(3) ihg- $49 for a night cert
(4) marriott biz- $95 for a night cert
(5) ink plus- $95 access to an easy 250k UR/year at 5x
(6) freedom- $0 access to an easy 30k UR/year at 5x
(7) freedom- $0 access to an easy 30k UR/year at 5x
(8) CSR- ~$150 for access to .015 cent redemptions and some random benefits i don't use much so might get another freedom or a freedom+.
(9) United- $95 2 lounge passes and XN saver space (incredibly useful).

Only thing I don't really need/can be happy about paying the fee is CSR as I have duplicate benefits on most things (.015 is ok but not that special). Biggest regret is not faxing in for the JP morgan reserve card as that included UA club access.

I think it would be silly to lose the Ritz card, plus the priority passes will continue to work at restaurants, if you travel 2x a year (with pp restaurant(s) along the way) you will get your value back not even including the free night. That assumes its your only PP pass card but Ritz card is better than CSR in most ways (amex PP is bad now and citi losing benefits), the 6 priority passes is the best PP benefit out there.
krazykanuck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.