Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Chase won't be allowed to issue RC again since AmEx has the new $450 SPG Luxury card.
What is the source of this claim? Or are you just speculating about an agreement that would do this?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
What is the source of this claim?....
Information published by Marriott in December 2017 indicated that American Express would issue business and premium cards, while Chase would issue personal cards. There was not any explicit mention of existing card products or accounts. Information published in April 2018 has created further ambiguity.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:59 am

I’m asking about the claim “Chase won't be allowed to issue RC again.” RC is a personal card.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:23 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I’m asking about the claim “Chase won't be allowed to issue RC again.” RC is a personal card.
This has been discussed quite a bit.

One of them is here: https://www.asksebby.com/blog/marrio...erican-express

Nothing is final yet. Probably Chase, AmEx and Marriott do not know what to happen.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:29 pm
mia

.... RC is a personal card.
It's a personal card with a $450 annual fee, which puts it in the premium category that seemed to be assigned to American Express in the December announcement.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
So, mia, if you had money to bet on this, do you think Chase continues to manage the RC card as a legacy card or do you think they convert it to the CSR? (Assuming they do in fact shut off applications).
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:05 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

For me, I max'ed all SPG cards before the SUBs got pulled. May pull trigger on the biz Marriott card. Stay put with the RC. Those are the cards that may change.

I won't touch Chase Marriott since it is under 5/24 and it does not change. I do not think I'd be interested in the new SPG Lux card. Does not offer anything beyond the cards I already get.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:36 pm

That's against every statement they've put out so far and the RC serves a a completely different clientele.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by CaroPalms
...do you think Chase continues to manage the RC card as a legacy card or do you think they convert it to the CSR? (Assuming they do in fact shut off applications)
Comparing Marriott's announcements in December and April I have no sense of what Marriott intends to do with the existing card products at American Express or Chase. Inasmuch as Marriott is ending the fiction that Ritz Carlton has its own rewards program, and because Chase will still have a card issuing relationship with Marriott, I see no reason that Chase would convert these to Sapphire Reserve or any other Ultimate Rewards card. Chase could keep these going for a long while even if they are no longer able to open new accounts.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Would be really nice if they kept the card as-is, while bumping earnings to 2pts/$ to put it in line with the rest of the cards starting in August-- I think that's their only real chance at getting people to spend money on this card (assuming they keep it). Doubt many will spend $75k on this card at 1pt/$ for Plat when you can do it on the new cards at twice the earnings rate.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ps9a
Would be really nice if they kept the card as-is, while bumping earnings to 2pts/$ to put it in line with the rest of the cards starting in August-- I think that's their only real chance at getting people to spend money on this card (assuming they keep it). Doubt many will spend $75k on this card at 1pt/$ for Plat when you can do it on the new cards at twice the earnings rate.
actually, I would like to see 3px$ like the old spg cards. And to keep the visa infinite air discount.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
actually, I would like to see...
I think it is safe to assume that this card will earn exactly the same as the American Express $450 card, with the same Marriott-related benefits.
pallhedge likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mia
I think it is safe to assume that this card will earn exactly the same as the American Express $450 card, with the same Marriott-related benefits.
Hope you're right... I'm a little less confident, since this card comes with the air discounts and 3 club upgrades/yr. But who knows... maybe they assign the same value to those as to a 50k point free night.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
Comparing Marriott's announcements in December and April I have no sense of what Marriott intends to do with the existing card products at American Express or Chase. Inasmuch as Marriott is ending the fiction that Ritz Carlton has its own rewards program, and because Chase will still have a card issuing relationship with Marriott, I see no reason that Chase would convert these to Sapphire Reserve or any other Ultimate Rewards card. Chase could keep these going for a long while even if they are no longer able to open new accounts.
Marriott will screw up the portfolio rather than get the most potential out of what's already there.

Marriott should've told Chase to keep the Ritz as is (perhaps rename it to the new hotel program), raise the annual fee, and increase the benefits. I agree with some others - this card should appeal and be given to a different clientele than the $85, $95, and $450 cards, or in other words, those who used to stay at Ritz Carlton's and make seven figure salaries, and who only plan to stay at those old Ritz properties. Marriott does not know how to run a premium hotel brand... I'll look for the slow erosion of Ritz properties down the road.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
....Marriott does not know how to run a premium hotel brand... I'll look for the slow erosion of Ritz properties down the road.
Marriott has owned Ritz Carlton since the 1990's, I daresay the effect is already evident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.