Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
FWIW, I just called in about using the $300 credit and the knowledgeable rep applied it against a recent grocery purchase after asking which one I’ll like to redeem against
progapanda, cuthroat and LF72 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:34 pm

Called this evening and got a rep unfamiliar with the Ritz card benefits, but they researched it and confirmed what others have mentioned above.

However, be aware that the T&C exclude Walmart and Target, even if it codes as a grocery (e.g., Walmart Neighborhood Market).
cuthroat and LF72 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Does anyone have the exact terms and conditions for this?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by nall
Called this evening and got a rep unfamiliar with the Ritz card benefits, but they researched it and confirmed what others have mentioned above.

However, be aware that the T&C exclude Walmart and Target, even if it codes as a grocery (e.g., Walmart Neighborhood Market).
One thing to remember with the Ritz card is that all of these credits need to be manually applied, so it never hurts to call in and ask, since some sympathetic reps have been known to bend the rules.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:27 am

No Refund for 2020 Fee

My AF posted in March, I called to ask for a fee waiver shortly after it posted, and was told "no". I tried again in June, and again today, and was told the only option was to downgrade or cancel. The $150 credit that others have received isn't available.

I asked the rep if "anything else was available" considering the $450 fee, and he only said airline incidentals, so didn't appear to have received the memo concerning groceries or restaurants. Shrug, it's still not a bad card, and I guess we'll all be able to start traveling in the second half of 2021, so I'll just eat the $150 annual fee, and hope Marriott makes it through this to be able to use the points/certificates.

Edit: Upgraded my card in Nov. 2019 from a Marriott Bold, first $450 fee posted in March.
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by radioactive; Aug 18, 2020 at 10:54 am
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Any recent data points on the timeline for reimbursement for the Global Entry application fee? Does this normally post with statement close? I'll appreciate others' input.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by progapanda
Any recent data points on the timeline for reimbursement for the Global Entry application fee? Does this normally post with statement close? I'll appreciate others' input.
it posted a month later, with statement close. 2020 datapoint.
progapanda likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Smile Got $300 credit in one 10 min phone call

Thanks everyone for sharing that the $300 travel credit can be applied toward grocery and restaurant charges. I'd just hung up from a JPM rep at 855-896-2222 who confirmed that the credit can be applied against any grocery or restaurant charge on the Ritz card between July 1st and Dec 31th, 2020. After the confirmation, I asked her to apply credit against 2 restaurant charges and a grocery store charge. A few minutes of waiting, and she mentioned that the reverse charges are all setup, with partial credit to one of the transactions as total of all 3 charges exceed $300. All in one 10 min call. I'm a happy camper
danbnash and LF72 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is it still possible to get this card via product change from Bonvoy Boundless or Bold? I don't currently have Chase Bonvoy card.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:24 pm

Please ignore - reply without quoting. Don't know how to delete
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Does anyone have the exact terms and conditions for this?
According to the rep I'd talked with today, for this year, the $300 traveling credit can be applied against grocery store and restaurant charges posted between July 1st to Dec 31th, 2020. The charges that I asked her to apply credit to aren't at Walmart or Target, so whether charge at those stores can be credited never came up.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by radioactive
so I'll just eat the $150 annual fee, and hope Marriott makes it through this to be able to use the points/certificates..
Hopefully things will work out. I don't expect to have any trouble using the $300 on gas and groceries and I may be taking a trip at the end of the year, provided things don't keep getting worse, so keeping the card another year for me was a no brainer.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
is it still possible to get this card via product change from Bonvoy Boundless or Bold? I don't currently have Chase Bonvoy card.
Yes it is, unless things have changed recently. However, you have to hold a new card for a minimum of 12 months before you can product change, so you would need to apply for the Bold or Boundless now and then try and product change in September, 2021.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Yes it is, unless things have changed recently. However, you have to hold a new card for a minimum of 12 months before you can product change, so you would need to apply for the Bold or Boundless now and then try and product change in September, 2021.
Thank you. I suppose the risk is rules may change by September 2021.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:13 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
Thank you. I suppose the risk is rules may change by September 2021.
It may, but I have read a comment on another thread that Chase might try to keep the RC card around so that it can at least hold on to (if not add to via the backdoor upgrade) the "premium" Bonvoy customers as that group now technically belongs to Amex. I guess Amex might complain and force Chase to stop the conversion loophole at some point.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.