Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Card provides 100,000 in medical evacuation coverage and 2500 in emergency medical coverage. 50 deductible on the medical. Actually a useful addition for me. 2500 is not enough medical of course but I can layer it with a cheap travel policy and raise the deductible on it. Will be very interested to read the actual contractual provisions on these.

Not a big thing by itself, but will save me another 50-100 a year.
This sounded like a great benefit to me at first, but both benefits are "supplemental to and excess of any valid and collectible insurance or other reimbursement". The medical coverage "covers only the medical expenses that are not covered by your medical insurance".

More concerning are these conditions on the medical evacuation coverage: "The evacuation must be pre-approved by the Benefit Administrator in consultation with a legally licensed Physician..." and "The Benefit Administrator must make the actual medical transportation arrangements."

Suppose I'm backpacking and suffer an injury such that I need to be airlifted to a hospital, and the governing body of that particular area charges for such services. It may be imperative that action be taken as soon as possible rather than taking the time to contact the Benefit Administrator, if such contact is even possible!

But perhaps these are normal conditions for similar insurance coverage; I have not paid much attention to such policies.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
Suppose I'm backpacking and suffer an injury such that I need to be airlifted to a hospital
That's rescue, not evacuation.

Rescue = emergency first aid + stabilization

Evacuation = you're stable and need to be transported back to the US for further treatment.

I usually have some kind of coverage for both, because European countries do charge for rescue. I have search + rescue coverage as a fringe benefit of my membership in the Austrian Alpine Club (UK branch, which is open to Americans), and evacuation coverage through my credit card + my health insurance policy.

Last edited by lobo411; Aug 21, 2016 at 7:47 pm
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
forgot about the $450 annual fee. Duh on my part! (so accustomed to deals with no fee the first year)

So, without a doubt, in the first three months I will spend close to $5k. Not even going to chance it, unless I see something in WRITING from Chase. Assume it does not count and all is fine.
You certainly can do what you want but anything you purchase and are reimbursed under the travel credit is most definitely counted towards the minimum spend. It is for the Ritz and every other credit card out there that has similar benefits. Not sure why this is even being debated.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:54 pm

They're wrong. Even they imply lack of certainty when they say 'be on the safe side ', and comments indicate that Citi clarified that it does count as spend.

Spend as much as you want obviously, but telling people they'll need to overspend to get the bonus is wrong.

Originally Posted by paperwastage
citi prestige's $250 travel credit doesn't count towards min spend...

so YMMV, need to read the actual terms (no online link, no one has posted their manual paper application), aim for $4850 to be safe...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...redit-benefit/
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage
citi prestige's $250 travel credit doesn't count towards min spend...

so YMMV, need to read the actual terms (no online link, no one has posted their manual paper application), aim for $4850 to be safe...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...redit-benefit/
If you make a charge on the Prestige and its covered under the travel credit, it definitely counts towards to the minimum spend. I know from my own experience that it does.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
They're wrong. Even they imply lack of certainty when they say 'be on the safe side ', and comments indicate that Citi clarified that it does count as spend.

Spend as much as you want obviously, but telling people they'll need to overspend to get the bonus is wrong.
100% correct. Citi, Amex, and Chase all count reimbursed travel expenses towards the minimum spend requirement.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Here is the link to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 100k benefit:

https://www.chase.com/online/private...ge-banking.htm

Available for CPC customers....

Additional edit:

CPC customers earn 60k points on the regular Sapphire card, while the standard offer on the Chase site is 50k. This suggests that non-CPC clients will not get a 100k offer on the Reserve. All speculation, as is 95% of above...

Last edited by 747FC; Aug 21, 2016 at 8:46 pm Reason: name change
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:03 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by 747FC
CPC customers earn 60k points on the regular Sapphire card, while the standard offer on the Chase site is 50k. This suggests that non-CPC clients will not get a 100k offer on the Reserve. All speculation, as is 95% of above...
Not sure why there is so much skepticism when internal Chase marketing material referencing the 100k offer was leaked previously... AND the app last Monday that was quickly pulled was also for 100k.

In any case, go take a look at Doctor of Credit's post today about branches taking apps already.... He has a shot of the marketing placard being used in branches which references the 100k bonus after 4K spend.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Sorry, have not read all 1k posts: Any confirmation that 100k points is confirmed?
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
Are lounge fees covered by the $300 travel credit?
There is a reason you were not able to read the 1,000 posts. People keep asking the same thing over and over and over.

And, people can not get it through their head that charges have to be posted as TRAVEL.

As to the 100k bonus.. it sure does appear to be valid - you can easily read what they are offering when they actually offer it. Geez.

And, that most of this stuff can not be answered, because it has not been released yet. Yea, you can read what details are posted and then wait to see when it gets released.

And another thing.

THIS IS NOT THE CITI PRESTIGE THREAD. It does not matter one freakin cent what Citi does. This is a new card issued by Chase.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA

Additional edit:

Nope. Marketing material in branch has 100k for everybody.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There is a reason you were not able to read the 1,000 posts. People keep asking the same thing over and over and over.

And, people can not get it through their head that charges have to be posted as TRAVEL.

As to the 100k bonus.. it sure does appear to be valid - you can easily read what they are offering when they actually offer it. Geez.

And, that most of this stuff can not be answered, because it has not been released yet. Yea, you can read what details are posted and then wait to see when it gets released.

And another thing.

THIS IS NOT THE CITI PRESTIGE THREAD. It does not matter one freakin cent what Citi does. This is a new card issued by Chase.
You can write all you want in all caps but it doesn't change that you really don't know what you are talking about. Chase counts travel reimbursed charges towards the minimum spend. So keep misleading people that they have to spend more than required. And it does matter what other credit card companies are doing as this card is being released to compete with the Prestige and Platinum cards so not counting reimbursed charges towards spend would negatively affect the perception of the CSR.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:22 pm

No idea what's the fuss about. Anyone who can spend 4000 in 3 months, can spend another few hundred to make sure they meet the min spend for bonus. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Does anyone know if bankers get some sort of commission for CC sign ups?

Just want to know if I should get my CPC person to process it or do it online.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:34 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Does anyone know if bankers get some sort of commission for CC sign ups?

Just want to know if I should get my CPC person to process it or do it online.
Don't know about commissions... But I am sure every bank has metrics involving the number of consumer products their employees are able to open... So if you have the time it might be good to do it through your CPC contact.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:37 pm

Thx for the link. The Palladium card has been removed. That's sad. Hopefully they keep it for JP Morgan clients

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.