Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by slickvik
When will this hit Chase Refer A Friend?
After you have the card for a while.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:50 pm

Funny that the bloggers largely ignored this card when it was available for conversion, but now that affiliate links are available for online apps, it's become their "best ever card" for non-category spend. Gary is showing pics of the SW suites in his blog... as if 1.5x alone will get us those suites.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Funny that the bloggers largely ignored this card when it was available for conversion, but now that affiliate links are available for online apps, it's become their "best ever card" for non-category spend. Gary is showing pics of the SW suites in his blog... as if 1.5x alone will get us those suites.
lol that's funny
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Pardon my ignorance on this question but I could not find the answer anywhere. I would really like this card if in fact you can earn 1.5 UR points on general spend. How do you designate that you want points instead of cash back? Is this something you do when you sign up or do have to choose to do so each month?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:28 pm

You don't need to do anything.
They'll accrue in your Freedom UR account, when you are ready to use them just transfer over to your CSP/Ink/whatever account and use them.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vtgambler
...How do you designate that you want points instead of cash back?
No designation required. Everyone earns Ultimate Rewards points which can be redeemed for cash at 1=$0.01 -or- they can be used the same as all other Ultimate Rewards points. Remember that points cannot be transferred directly from Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited to an airline or hotel program. You must transfer to a Sapphire Preferred, Ink Plus, Ink Bold, JPM Palladium or JPM Select card, then to a partner.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Great thanks. Can the $150 sign up bonus be converted to 15,000 UR points?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:36 pm

I believe it starts as points
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Applied online last weekend and was told they couldn't give me a decision at that time. This afternoon I received an email informing me I had been approved and that the card should arrive in 7-10 days.

Does anyone know if you can re-allocate credit lines across Chase business and personal cards? I'd like to move some $ from my Ink Bold to the FU as this new card will get the bulk of my every day spend aside from cellular/cable/internet/office supplies.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:22 am

$150 Bonus
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. You will receive 15,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $150 cash back. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

$25 Bonus
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. You will receive 2,500 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $25 cash back. To qualify for and receive your bonus, your First Purchase and addition of an authorized user to your account must both occur during the first 3 months from account opening. (“First Purchase” does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

The $25 Bonus is for adding an authorized user.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:34 am

Ok.... quick question, I think I know what this is referring to, but I need verification.... I keep seeing 'PC' all over this thread- What does that stand for? I've been searching and can't find specific detail- Is it referring to switching from say a Freedom card over to a new FU card? If we do that , do we get the new card bonus,or is the main benefit for the 5/24 rule? thanks....
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:23 am
jyx

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Applied online last weekend and was told they couldn't give me a decision at that time. This afternoon I received an email informing me I had been approved and that the card should arrive in 7-10 days.

Does anyone know if you can re-allocate credit lines across Chase business and personal cards? I'd like to move some $ from my Ink Bold to the FU as this new card will get the bulk of my every day spend aside from cellular/cable/internet/office supplies.
Call the allocation line number you can find in the Wiki. (not sure whether you could move from Ink which is business card to this personal card, though. No harm to try)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:26 am
jyx

Originally Posted by hsmama
Ok.... quick question, I think I know what this is referring to, but I need verification.... I keep seeing 'PC' all over this thread- What does that stand for? I've been searching and can't find specific detail- Is it referring to switching from say a Freedom card over to a new FU card? If we do that , do we get the new card bonus,or is the main benefit for the 5/24 rule? thanks....
This has been answered in this thread. Anyway, it stands for product conversion. for example, as you mentioned, convert a freemdom to a FU. benefits doing this: 1. no hard pull; 2. may escape 5/24 rule; downside mainly no signup bonus.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:28 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by hsmama
PC does stand for Product Change.
-You will not get a new card bonus when you change one existing card to another.
-You get the benefits that the new card offers, but you also do not get a hard pull for a product change.
-You keep the age of the open credit line, instead of starting anew with a new card, with a new open date.
-The card must be in the same "family" of cards.

You can see more information here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...el-2016-a.html
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:12 am

Why would you convert / product change? You won't get the bonus that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.