Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Ritz-Carlton Rewards card

The new VISA Infinite version is discussed HERE.
In August 2016 Chase refreshed this card.
This thread is a continuation of discussion archived here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...idated-71.html

Best public available offer:
Two free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect

Three free nights at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $5k spent. Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ritzcarlton/aep3CN
I edited link and replaced "2CN" with "3CN" and now it shows offer of 3 free nights, $450 AF and $5K spend.
__________________________________________________ _____________

$300 Annual Travel Credit
"Make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. Simply use your card for these expenses and call us at 1-855-896-2222, and we will refund the charges after your flight."

Actual T&C language, as of 08.22.15:"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees."

As of 1/2/2015, Credit for these charges are based on TRANSACTION (purchase) date, not posting date. If you made an eligible purchase before the end of the year, even if it doesn't post until the following year, you can still receive credit for the previous year. See post #1268

DO NOT attempt to get all $300 in one transaction. Most CSRs will question what incidental charge would be so high. Instead, get multiple smaller gift cards which line up with fees that airline charges. Make sure that whatever amounts you choose, you have an explanation ready for each. For example, AA overweight baggage fee is $150. $50 is first checked bag for 2 ppl. $75 is in the range of upgrade fees, etc.

Please start a list of what charges have and have not been reimbursed.

Reimbursed:
F9 Award Fees $33.60
Admirals Lounge Meal $26
B6 Flight $96.20 x 2
Volaris Flight $82 x 4 (reimbursed for $300)
WN gift card $25
Seat upgrade to first- it was a bit of a challenge because they showed up as new tickets. I offered to have them look at another Chase card that had the original tickets, but the agent admitted, "$2xx.xx seems low for a round trip on United," and processed the refund.
Reimbursed for the $200 reactivation fee for expired AAdvantage miles. Oops... I mean I got reimbursed for $200 in AA seat upgrade fees
AY bag fees. Paid to AY in EUR, reimbursed in USD at amount shown on stmt.
AA seat upgrade fees. NOTE: these were oddball amounts, not even numbers.

Not Reimbursed:
AA Gift Cards
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (2016 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
The club level upgrade certs say that you're required to pay with your Ritz Carlton card to use the upgrade certificate. Any idea if you could make the reservation with the RC visa and then pay the final bill with another card at checkout?
As my experience, they will ask you if you want to change your card to pay when you are checking out. I used Ritz card to pay because 5 points/dollar. Also no one checked if I used ritz card to pay when I checked in.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Data point. I had this card since Jan of last year, "charged" AF last Feb, refunded by lower credit limit. I still haven't been charged an AF this year. Used up all of my airline credit already. I'm tempted to try for a retention bonus.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

For greed, all nature is too little.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Previously had the card, still have 2/3 club level certs in my Marriott account. Am a lowly Silver now with the Marriott Visa instead of the R-C Visa, can I still use these club upgrade certs for paid nights? The R-C Visa is still sitting on my Marriott account if that helps.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Previously had the card, still have 2/3 club level certs in my Marriott account. Am a lowly Silver now with the Marriott Visa instead of the R-C Visa, can I still use these club upgrade certs for paid nights? The R-C Visa is still sitting on my Marriott account if that helps.
So you no longer have a current RC card, but still saved the RC card to your Marriott profile? Since the T&C states that you must pay with your RC card to utilize the club upgrade, I'm not sure how an inactive credit card in your Marriott account will help you.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sig05
So you no longer have a current RC card, but still saved the RC card to your Marriott profile? Since the T&C states that you must pay with your RC card to utilize the club upgrade, I'm not sure how an inactive credit card in your Marriott account will help you.
The thing is I've read elsewhere on FT (just can't find it right now) that people have reserved with a R-C Visa number to redeem the upgrade cert, but actually paid with some other card at the actual property. The actually R-C Visa dependent portion is the $100 hotel credit on stays 2-nights or longer, which I use to use as well while I had the card.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Anyone else receive this email today?

We would like to present you with this opportunity to receive 7,500 BONUS POINTS:

Simply use your Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from April 15 to June 30, 2016 to make $7,500 or more in purchases and we will credit your Rewards account with 7,500 bonus points.*

These bonus points are in addition to the points you already earn with your card, as a way to thank you for your business.

*You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make Purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus points to post to your account. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
No I haven't....yet
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
When is your anniversary? Maybe this is an attempt to keep some folks around for another $395.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by highops
When is your anniversary? Maybe this is an attempt to keep some folks around for another $395.
Late May.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:44 pm

Hmmm, I received this same offer of 7,500 points for my British Airways Visa, which is coming due for an annual fee.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:41 pm

They wouldn't let me combine my free nights with the club level upgrade so I made two separate bookings. First two days free nights and last/third day with the club level.

See you in July Barcelona!

Also, how much value have you guys seen from the Gold status room upgrades? Do they usually get you guys something pretty good?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by phant0m
They wouldn't let me combine my free nights with the club level upgrade so I made two separate bookings. First two days free nights and last/third day with the club level.

See you in July Barcelona!

Also, how much value have you guys seen from the Gold status room upgrades? Do they usually get you guys something pretty good?
My last two stays at a CY and a FS Marriott, I've gotten upgrades to one bedroom suites at both. I just booked a regular room with the AAA rate. Club lounge at the Marriott was a nice perk too.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Lowering CL after receiving new card

Hi Everyone, I have just received my Ritz Carlton card after a recent application. Wonder if I should just call to decrease the credit line to $1500 (I guess $2000 will be over the limit?) or should I wait for some time, a few months, to make the change? Would like to lower the CL before the AF hit, is that a good idea?

Thanks for any tips and help. Have a great weekend!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, I have just received my Ritz Carlton card after a recent application. Wonder if I should just call to decrease the credit line to $1500 (I guess $2000 will be over the limit?) or should I wait for some time, a few months, to make the change? Would like to lower the CL before the AF hit, is that a good idea?

Thanks for any tips and help. Have a great weekend!

Yes. $1500 or below. I would do it right away unless you've got spend to do right now in which case you'd need to pay the AF and float the amount until you get it rebated.

That's what I did: had significant expenses when I first got the card and put ~$7k+ over the first six weeks of card use but as soon as I was done w the spend I paid off the card (before my second statement closed) and called chase to transfer my limit to another chase card leaving only $1500 on the ritz. Just make sure you don't have any authorized pending charges on the ritz )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.