Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:31 pm
Suspended

No, some people who get that message get sent straight to lending when they call. There was one in the Chase IHG thread earlier today (who got denied after calling).
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Yes, very much so. DWs Marriott app took 6 weeks.
Originally Posted by Barrios
Approved? Do you think it's due to holidays or is it permanent?
Yes, finally approved with a very large credit line. Can't imagine that "the holidays" creates a 6 week lag. Chase is just very strange lately. Their fraud department called her, and asked a series of questions to "verify her identity". Following which they sent a snail mail demand that she mail in a copy of her drivers license, and a utility bill with her address. Then it took a month after that to get the approval.

This despite the fact that she has a checking account with them, and several Chase ccs, including a CSP that she uses regularly every month.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What are my odds of getting approved for a second UA MP Explorer (25 months since getting bonus) vs. CSP (30 months since getting bonus, but denied on last app on the 27th month)? I have multiple cards opened in the last 24 months. If I had to pick one, which should I go for? I'd transfer the CSP pts to UA miles.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
No, some people who get that message get sent straight to lending when they call. There was one in the Chase IHG thread earlier today (who got denied after calling).
same here for the IHG. got a message to immediately call... thought chase just wanted to verify general info but got directed to lending dept. where got denied there for too many inquiries. oh well, wished or hoped to get approved so could concurrently get hilton diamond match offer.

in my case, likely better not to call
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
What are my odds of getting approved for a second UA MP Explorer (25 months since getting bonus) vs. CSP (30 months since getting bonus, but denied on last app on the 27th month)? I have multiple cards opened in the last 24 months. If I had to pick one, which should I go for? I'd transfer the CSP pts to UA miles.
If multiple is >5, then definitely more likely to be approved for UA. Otherwise probably still UA, but you could have a shot at getting both.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by aza72
If multiple is >5, then definitely more likely to be approved for UA. Otherwise probably still UA, but you could have a shot at getting both.
Yes, more than 5. I'll just apply for UA, and if I don't get auto approval I'll call and hope for the best.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Received my new MileagePlus card today, and when I went to activate it in Apple Wallet, the last four digits of a phone number from 1997 popped up as a verification option.

Chase has a long memory, indeed.

(I haven't had that number in ~12 years, and it doesn't appear in the contact info. section of my Chase account. This is my first Chase card or account ever, so it must be from an old account at some bank that Chase bought.)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Yes, more than 5. I'll just apply for UA, and if I don't get auto approval I'll call and hope for the best.
Generally, calling increases chance of denial. If you can wait it out (potentially 4+ weeks), it's better to let your application work it's way through the system.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:25 pm

My brother keeps receiving targeted Ink offers from Chase via mail. He already has an Ink card. I think he would be ok applying even with the 5/24 rule. Should he apply?
I told him to go for it. But wanted to see what others thought.

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by aza72
Generally, calling increases chance of denial. If you can wait it out (potentially 4+ weeks), it's better to let your application work it's way through the system.
+1! If there is one consistent point in this thread it is to be patient with any Chase app that isn't auto approved. If there is a verification issue, they will eventually mail a letter requesting whatever they want (in my last successful app with them twice before they were satisfied, even though I have several open accounts with them!) Calling can only decrease your chances.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Have pre-approval offers for both CSP and Freedom. I just applied for CSP a few minutes ago and got auto approved for 32k CL. I have a 12k CL on my chase Ink. My total chase CL is now $44k. I wanted to go ahead and apply for Freedom, too, tonight, but I'm now worried that the CL is too high. What should I do? I'd like to get the Freedom done tonight so I don't have 2 hard pulls. But if my overall CL is too high, then I'm worried it will take too long to get them to lower it. Should I send a SM or call? Or will that just call attention to my accounts?

Does Chase just automatically move CL if you get approved for another card but are hitting a high overall CL?
I've seen this mentioned in this thread elsewhere. It seems that it has been confirmed that Chase will let you app and approve 2 personal cards in one day...but is it indeed the case that it is only one hard pull for both apps? I've seen conflicting information on other forums.

Would very much like to app for the CSP and United Club Card at same time if truly only 1 pull. If not I will just app for one and wait a year for the other.

Last edited by Budoka; Jan 4, 2016 at 8:09 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:42 am

Applied online for CSP on Jan 1, got the "You're almost done! Please call... " message on screen after submitting the application. I had read enough FT posts to know not to call .
Next, called the automates application status line within 5 minutes just to see the status, and it said "You will be notified in writing within 2 weeks". I keep checking the status regularly, and it's been the same since. Ah well.

3 apps in the last 24 months, also have a Freedom. TU FICO: 752. Possible to get rejected over a thin file, though.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by trufle
Applied online for CSP on Jan 1, got the "You're almost done! Please call... " message on screen after submitting the application. I had read enough FT posts to know not to call .
Next, called the automates application status line within 5 minutes just to see the status, and it said "You will be notified in writing within 2 weeks". I keep checking the status regularly, and it's been the same since. Ah well.

3 apps in the last 24 months, also have a Freedom. TU FICO: 752. Possible to get rejected over a thin file, though.
I can see why you are impatient, it's been a whole 4 days now.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:36 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by trufle
Applied online for CSP on Jan 1,
It can take nearly a month. Be patient. I stopped checking at all and let it do its thing. Ended up with 2 approvals!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:42 am

Applied 12/12, credit was run that same day.

Approved 1/4

Got 30 day notice, did not call in. Finally approved after 23 days.

FYI - I did receive an application in the mail with an offer code.

Have applied for 10+ cards in the last year.

EDIT: Ink Plus 60k no fee first year

Last edited by Jesperss; Jan 5, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.