Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I want to transfer my UR points to one of my household members' UR account who is an authorized user of my CSP card, but after I entered his CSP card number ...
The other person has his own Sapphire Preferred account and is -also- an authorized user on your Sapphire Preferred account? He won't have an Ultimate Rewards account if he isn't a primary cardholder.

Have you combined points with any other member of your household?

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, or one member of your household.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by mia
The other person has his own Sapphire Preferred account and is -also- an authorized user on your Sapphire Preferred account? He won't have an Ultimate Rewards account if he isn't a primary cardholder.
Yes, the other person has his own Sapphire Preferred account and also an authorized user on my Sapphire Preferred account.

Have you combined points with any other member of your household?
No, he is the only one member of my household I tried to combine points ever.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, the other person has his own Sapphire Preferred account and also an authorized user on my Sapphire Preferred account.

No, he is the only one member of my household I tried to combine points ever.
First, I'd try another browser. I had success when I switched to IE. Look upthread and you'll see others with the same problem. Chase doesn't seem to care.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
First, I'd try another browser. I had success when I switched to IE. Look upthread and you'll see others with the same problem. Chase doesn't seem to care.
Yes, I tried different browsers, but still no dice.
I tweeted to Chase support, but at the end they told me to call the number on the back of my card

So I called 888-622-7547 and told the agent about my issue.
He said if the other party has two Chase UR accounts connected then the system doesn't work. My partner has two UR accounts... The agent said it's set up that way, so he had to remove one UR account from my partner's account. I don't really know what that means, however...
The agent also kept asking my partner if my partner transferred points to/from somebody else before The answer is no. The agent said their system showed that??? My partner just transferred points only between his accounts before.
Anyway the agent told me it takes one business day to refresh my account, so I will try again tomorrow. Hope it works...

Last edited by philemer; Oct 12, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...if the other party has two Chase UR accounts connected then the system doesn't work..
Every card that earns Ultimate Rewards has its own rewards account. I have fours such cards, Ms mia has two. I consolidate points into her accounts every month.

However, the agent might mean multiple login UserID's are the problem. I have three, but Ms mia uses only one.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:11 am

This morning I tried again, and I was able to add one household member's UR account and then transfer my points finally!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:48 pm

This morning I tried again, and I was able to add one household member's UR account and then transfer my points finally!
Wow! It really appears the chase site is just unreliable, so I'll be patient and try tomorrow or other days to transfer to a household member.

Currently, I keep getting "Unexpected error occurred" in IE. Currently on Chrome, https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/ doesn't even load. Very strangely though, the ultimate rewards site worked fine in Chrome earlier today for my husband's account, and he successfully transferred points from his Freedom to his Sapphire. But now the site is down in Chrome for both of our accounts, which I feel has to be related to this combine points / transfer points issue.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:36 am

Got the error this morning. Here are the cards:

wife (login1): Ink+
wife (login2): Freedom
self: CSP

I periodically and without issue combine points from wife's Freedom to my CSP. Given the recent Ink rumors, I will be downgrading wife's Ink+ to Ink Cash. Before doing so, I wanted to transfer points from that card to my CSP to confirm it works. It didn't.

I tried different browsers on different PCs to no avail. One thing worked: combining UR from wife's Ink+ to wife's Freedom. Then from wife's Freedom to my CSP. Same desired result with one extra step.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:51 am

Yay! I finally figured out why I kept getting "unexpected error". I realized when I booked travel on my husband's ultimate rewards, his profile combined part of his middle name into his last name. Example, his first name = Adam
middle name (two words) = Thomas Joe
last name = Smith

So his last name was "Joe Smith" instead of just "Smith"

When I transferred points, I get typing "Smith" and got "unexpected error". Today I tried "Joe Smith", and it worked!!!! So, check the account's name profile that you are transferring points to, hope this helps others!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:52 pm

was a solution ever found? I tried transferring points between sapphire and ink bold and also my wifes account. Nothing seems to work. Customer service is useless. Please help
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by cheapavenger35
was a solution ever found? I tried transferring points between sapphire and ink bold and also my wifes account. Nothing seems to work. Customer service is useless. Please help
In my limited experience, it's possible to transfer UR to another user (my spouse) exactly one time after linking to that other user's account. Thereafter, I get the expected "unexpected error." So now I unlink after each transfer and then wait 24 hours before trying to link my UR account to another user's.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by cheapavenger35
Here's what worked for me:

Card A, Card B, and Card C are various UR earning cards that my wife and I have. Card D is my CSP where I want ALL my points to be. The problem lies in that you can only combine points onto Card D from 1 single UR account. So, I set up a loop.

First, Select "Remove Saved Card" on the "Combine Points" choice for ALL of your UR cards. Then wait at least 24 hours.

Then, make your "Combine Points" loop:

Card A -> Card B -> Card C -> Card D -> Card A

Just move your points around the loop, stopping at the card where you want the points to finally reside. When I finally get CSR (card E), I'll redo the entire process to look like this:

Card A -> Card B -> Card C -> Card D -> Card E -> Card A

So far, this has worked flawlessly for me. Hope it helps.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since DH and I only share the Freedom card, that is the only card between him and me can transfer UR pts.

The weekly routine is to group his pts to his Freedom.

Then the next day transfer his pts from his Freedom to my Freedom.

Then sometime down the road combine pts from my Freedom to my Ink Plus the only card has the transfer out ability before getting the CSR.

He now has his own CSR. I am not sure whether I would just let his pts consolidate in his CSR or maintain the previous routine, but also move his pts in his CSR to his Freedom then to my Freedom and onto my Ink Plus.
I also a bit wary to transfer big chunks such as the 100K from CSR... who knows what Chase Algo is set to flag unusual activity... just sayin.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:35 am

Thanks for the reply folks. The problem is that I don't have any cards linked to my Chase Sapphire Preferred. My wife has a couple of cards linked but we can't seem to remove it. As far as my business card is concerned I don't have any cards linked up either. Chase customer service is basically useless. They just make up excuses and told me there was a change of policy but we all know that is b.s.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Just adding a data point that doesn't make sense to me.

My wife and I have a joint Chase account with checking, savings and investments. She has her own login info and what not.

I have my own CSR.
She has her own CSR.
I have a FU she's an AU on.

When I initially tried to move her UR points, I input my CSR's card number. The system rejected it with a random error message and wouldn't let the transfer through.

When I specified the FU number instead, the transfer worked properly.

So it's possible there's a stricter check going on now. We have the same address etc.

Last edited by patrick.barnes; Dec 30, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.