Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by AggieTraveler
I looked but didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. A friend just received a new Freedom card from Chase with the EMV chip (I assume it's still chip-and-signature). There's still the foreign transaction fee, but I thought others might be interested in knowing it's available. I knew the chip had been rolled out on the Sapphire, but the Freedom was new to me.

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Verifying now! Will report back
Thanks for info

Got my answer to my question via SM and...
Either [...] hasn't received the memo yet or he/she doesn't know what they are talking about
Anyway, said that they don't exist.... Will probably try and call a phone CSR a little closer to home.
Meanwhile, can anyone else verify the card exists? Anyone receive replacement yet?

Update 2
So far if Chase freedom does come with EMV it's really hard to get because no one knows about it at Chase it seems like
Just talked with a couple us based phone CSRs who said EMV freedom does not exist...?

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jul 2, 2014 at 8:51 am Reason: no rep names
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by aggietraveler
i looked but didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. A friend just received a new freedom card from chase with the emv chip (i assume it's still chip-and-signature). There's still the foreign transaction fee, but i thought others might be interested in knowing it's available. I knew the chip had been rolled out on the sapphire, but the freedom was new to me.
[statement] is worthless without pics!

Last edited by kebosabi; Jun 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
He's not comfortable doing so. I did a double take when I saw it because I hadn't heard anything about the Freedom getting the chip. I at first assumed it was a Sapphire with a different design, but it actually was the Freedom. I plan to request it through SM once I get back from my next trip.
Picture doesn't have to include any account information and can cover everything sensitive. Just a picture showing a chip and "Freedom."

None of @ChaseSupport's Twitter reps seem to know anything about this, all claiming that Freedom doesn't have EMV yet.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Picture doesn't have to include any account information and can cover everything sensitive. Just a picture showing a chip and "Freedom."

None of @ChaseSupport's Twitter reps seem to know anything about this, all claiming that Freedom doesn't have EMV yet.
Exactly
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:51 pm

I know everything sensitive can be covered, but I can't make him do something he doesn't want to. I'll ask again.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UAMP
Unhappy No EMV on my new card

I just got my replacement Visa Freedom card today and it does NOT have an EMV chip.

Last edited by Houtex; Jun 30, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:09 pm

Here you go, a Freedom card with chip:

Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum

Nice!

Originally Posted by Houtex
I just got my replacement Visa Freedom card today and it does NOT have an EMV chip.
Chase probably has some non-EMV stock they still need to finish off?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:33 pm

I also verified that it is chip and signature, as suspected.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:53 pm

Nice
Now the question is how to get it? Anyone try plain 're issue, hopefully the EMV card comes by default as is standard now for CSP?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select

Thanks. Will update the spreadsheet in the EMV thread of its existence. ^
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I know everything sensitive can be covered, but I can't make him do something he doesn't want to. I'll ask again.
Didn't mean to push! Was just hoping that he would consider knowing about not needing to share secure info

Thanks - much appreciated! I tweeted @ChaseSupport again, this time with proof. We'll see what they say
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Is chase freedom no longer a VISA signature? My mom got a new card the other day to switch over from master card and hers didn't have VISA signature on it like mine does. Of course, I don't really know what visa signature even is.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by zorbachs
Is chase freedom no longer a VISA signature? My mom got a new card the other day to switch over from master card and hers didn't have VISA signature on it like mine does. Of course, I don't really know what visa signature even is.
The Chase Freedom Visa can be issued as a Visa Signature or Visa Platinum; the determination is based on some internal Chase algorithm, but a >=$5k CL and positive history with Chase will likely get you the Signature version. You can also manually request a Signature version.

Aside from the Visa Signature benefits (and random stuff like the Fandango deals specific to Visa Signature cards), there is no difference between the two Freedom flavors. Both get you unlimited 1-1.1x in spending and 5-5.5x on bonus categories (up to $1,500 per quarter).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: UAMP
Didn't mean to push! Was just hoping that he would consider knowing about not needing to share secure info

Thanks - much appreciated! I tweeted @ChaseSupport again, this time with proof. We'll see what they say
I hope they will issue EMV replacements, I was disappointed that the new cards I got yesterday were not EMV. The Freedom card would not be my first choice to use overseas, but in a hassle situation I wouldn't mind paying the 3% FOREX to avoid a big hassle until my main cards are available as EMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.