Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by lotsahair2
Trying to figure this out:

If I buy a united ticket for $1000 with my chase sapphire I get 2000 points, plus in my united mileage plus account I get miles.

Then, I can transfer these miles at a 1:1 ratio to united, and get another 2000 miles from this?

Am I missing something?
I'm a relative novice at this but I believe I can handle this one.

When you transfer the miles from Ultimate Rewards to MileagePlus you're not getting another 2000 miles. You're transferring them. 2000 points deducted from Ultimate Rewards 2000 miles added to MileagePlus.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by lotsahair2
Trying to figure this out:

If I buy a united ticket for $1000 with my chase sapphire I get 2000 points, plus in my united mileage plus account I get miles.

Then, I can transfer these miles at a 1:1 ratio to united, and get another 2000 miles from this?

Am I missing something?
1. You get 2,000 Chase UR's for using card to buy the ticket.
2. You get flight miles based on the flight.
3. You can transfer UR's to United 1:1.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can anyone comment on if the time to transfer UR to Marriott in the wiki above are still accurate - 2 business days?

I have a Marriott rewards reservation that I would need to transfer a few thousand points to a week prior to check in, but its still possible I may need to cancel, so want to wait as long as possible to make it. Any recent experience would be appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by globalentry57
Tryign to transfer points yesterday and today to Hyatt. Twice Chase has provided an email saying the transfer is going through but it doesnt transfer, the points are restored to my UR account, and the account detail shows "Cancelled."

Anyone have any insight on this?
I'm having same problem.
Did you get this resolved?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:32 pm

UR

When I click on Ultimate Rewards from my online chase account, it is giving me this message -

Thank you for using your Chase card. We are unable to complete your request at this time and suggest you try again later or call the number on the back of your card. We're available to help you any time.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Anyone getting this message?

ramamosn
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:15 am

Trying to transfer points from Ultimate rewards to united and get this error:

Special handling required. We are unable to process this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance

I called but they said they got same error and weren't helpful at all, I need miles for Friday flight, is anyone else getting something similar?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by R2134
Trying to transfer points from Ultimate rewards to united and get this error:

Special handling required. We are unable to process this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance

I called but they said they got same error and weren't helpful at all, I need miles for Friday flight, is anyone else getting something similar?
I had the same issue last time when I transferred. I sent an secured email with all the information and the tech support team took care of it almost immediately.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I had the same issue last time when I transferred. I sent an secured email with all the information and the tech support team took care of it almost immediately.
Hope this helps.
Just sent secure message, are they usually fast? I'm on hold with third rep but they are pretty unhelpful so far. Need to book flights soon
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:07 am

Need some advice. I had an old standard ink card and it got converted to ink cash. Before the conversion, I had 12k points and after conversion my UR shows zero. I called customer service and they cant figure out what happened to my points and they need 2 weeks to do some research??? Anyone had this problem before and is there a way chase can give me the missing points sooner than 2 weeks. I need to book a ticket. I spoke to them like 3 times and now they escalated it and Im waiting to hear from them
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Hope this helps.
Did you send it as secure message through your account as rewards inquiry? I don't think they even bothered reading my email as I got a step by step guide on how to login and transfer points...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by R2134
Did you send it as secure message through your account as rewards inquiry? I don't think they even bothered reading my email as I got a step by step guide on how to login and transfer points...
The first response is usually a lame copy/paste of boilerplate. SM them back & explain pointedly that they didn't even come close to answering your actual question--and that you'd still like an answer. The second round is generally more satisfactory.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
The first response is usually a lame copy/paste of boilerplate. SM them back & explain pointedly that they didn't even come close to answering your actual question--and that you'd still like an answer. The second round is generally more satisfactory.
Anyway to get it expedited? Second response was that it was forwarded and I'll have response in 2 days
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:32 am

Wanted to clarify something that's mentioned in the wiki, but not 100% fully explained.
Holders of noin-premium Chase UR cards may not transfer directly to airline/hotel programs. However, if you hold both a premium and non-premium UR card, you may freely combine your UR points into the account of the premium card. (Similarly, if your spouse/domestic partner holds one of the premium cards, you can make an internal UR-to-UR transfer to his or her account. See below.)
It appears part of what we were supposed to "see below" was removed in a later edit.

If I have a premium (Ink Plus) card on one Chase login, and a non-premium (Freedom) on another login, but both accounts have the same person as owner/primary on them, can I transfer from the Freedom to the Ink Plus? Or would I have to combine the business & personal accounts under one login (which I know can be done if necessary).

I've never had URs without a premium card on the account, so I don't know if the option to transfer disappears completely when that login account only has a non-premium card. Thinking about downgrading my CSP, and don't want to screw myself over.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
If I have a premium (Ink Plus) card on one Chase login, and a non-premium (Freedom) on another login, but both accounts have the same person as owner/primary on them, can I transfer from the Freedom to the Ink Plus?
Yes, you can combine the points.

It appears part of what we were supposed to "see below" was removed in a later edit.
It's still there, under
Q. I heard that Chase has closed accounts for unauthorized transfers. What's the story?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, you can combine the points.

It's still there, under
Q. I heard that Chase has closed accounts for unauthorized transfers. What's the story?
There is information there, but it's not what I was expecting/looking for. I guess that's more a me problem than a wiki problem, though ("Why can't everything I want to know just be spelled out and conveniently right in front of me at all times? Why do other people want different information than I do?").

Either way, thanks for the clarification. Exactly what I needed to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.