Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:47 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
UR to Krisflyer transferred same day

Hello all,

I test transferred some UR points to Krisflyer around 7 or 8 AM on May 31.
The points posted the same evening, and I even received an email from Krisflyer confirming the transfer.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:51 pm
yrs

UR to Marriott took two days to post

Hello all,

I did a test transfer from UR to Marriott on April 25, and a larger transfer on April 27.

Marriott posted these two transfers on April 27 and April 29, respectively.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by yrs
Hello all,

I test transferred some UR points to Krisflyer around 7 or 8 AM on May 31.
The points posted the same evening, and I even received an email from Krisflyer confirming the transfer.
Did you find good redemptions for the dates you wanted?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 5:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
Any way we can get a poll in this thread showing which partner FT members transfer their UR points to?
There was a poll conducting in 2013:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ds-points.html

I will discuss creating another with the other moderators.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:06 pm
yrs

Originally Posted by wco81
Did you find good redemptions for the dates you wanted?
I have not made redemptions yet, but I do find availability in SQ F SIN-BOM-SIN. That is what I am planning to reserve.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If "Murphy" has anything to do with it, you will pick the wrong one.

Without knowing where you "might" fly in the next year or so, nobody can tell you the best move.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Was Fairmont ever a transfer partner?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by mhdena
Was Fairmont ever a transfer partner?
No.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tylergupku
Hypothetically, AAA Wang is the chase card holder and AAA wants to transfer points to BBB Wang's KE account without adding BBB Wang as an authorized user.

Instead AAA Wang would put in AAA Wang's name but BBB Wang's KE account number. Will this transfer go through?
Originally Posted by Irish80
The name on the receiving KE account must match the person doing the transfer so no it wouldn't work.
Question about this scenario with a slight twist -- if BBB is an AU on AAA's Chase account but with a different last name (let's say AAA Smith and BBB Doe), would the transfer then work? I was able to add both KE accounts in the Chase transfer section after adding BBB as an AU, and can select either from the dropdown.

Will AAA be permitted to first transfer to AAA's Korean account and then a 2nd transfer to BBB's Korean account? Or would BBB have to login themselves as an AU and do the transfer while logged in as BBB? Or is this scenario not workable at all?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:15 pm

Chase Ultimate Rewards

I want to transfer United Miles to my wifes account from my chase account. My wifes mileage plus account has a last name that is more than 24 characters (which is the maximum the field allows). My wife is from Latin America and a last name is created differently than in the United States. Her passport and mileage plus account reflect the last name. United would need documentation to change the last name. Which we do not have as her last name with them is correct. The reason for needing to transfer the miles to her account is we want to book a ticket to use up all her miles and she is switching over to Connect Miles. I have suggested that Chase provides the cash to book the ticket in question or issue me the amount of miles that are in her account to my account so I can be made whole. The supervisor said they cannot do that. When they spoke with mileage plus, mileage plus said they were unable to waive the transfer fee of me transferring miles from my account to hers. Chase says there is nothing they can do. At best it is cultural insensitive but it could be considered a lot worse as well.

In the past I was able to transfer miles to her same account.

What are my options? I would like to avoid small claims court.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:43 pm
mia

Is your wife an Authorized User on your Chase account?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:48 pm

Yes she was added today for this purpose. Already has the united club card with me.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:47 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Hello CopaFlyer, I'm going to merge this thread with the UR rules thread, in hopes that you will get more input. Please follow the conversation over there.

It appears that you want to transfer Ultimate Reward points to your wife's United account, correct?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Hello CopaFlyer, I'm going to merge this thread with the UR rules thread, in hopes that you will get more input. Please follow the conversation over there.

It appears that you want to transfer Ultimate Reward points to your wife's United account, correct?
Yes correct. Her last name which is on her passport and mileageplus account, is too long for the last name field for Chase. Shortening it does not allow the points to be transferred because it does not match what is on her mileageplus account. The Chase supervisor basically said there is nothing they can or will do to make it happen. Like its my wifes fault, or mine, for her having such a long last name.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by copaflyer
In the past I was able to transfer miles to her same account
How were you able to do this? What has changed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.