Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Thanks guys! Did come through slightly more than 24 hours after I intitiated. Booked my suites.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transfer UR to Marriott - anybody has experiences?

Did anyone have experiences on how long it takes from UR to Marriott?

Hyatt and UA are instant transfers but Marriott apparently is not.

Need 1K to top up the Marriott account and do not want to transfer from SPG.

Transferred 1K UR on Thursday afternoon but the 1K is still a no show in my Marriott account.

The Marriott account number is a copy/paste so there would be no mistake in typo.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:26 pm

You know there's a whole sticky thread for that, right?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html

Last edited by pallhedge; Nov 19, 2016 at 5:27 pm Reason: Added link
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pallhedge
You know there's a whole sticky thread for that, right?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html
Someone asked the same question of UR to Marriott in July on that thread and NOBODY ever answers. So I figure a new thread may work better to draw some attention. Apparently not other than a useless response.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Need 1K to top up the Marriott account and do not want to transfer from SPG.

Transferred 1K UR on Thursday afternoon but the 1K is still a no show in my Marriott account.....
I think you could transfer from SPG to Marriott now, and then back when the UR transfer posts?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
I think you could transfer from SPG to Marriott now, and then back when the UR transfer posts?
Yes, the rules allow unlimited xfers back and forth.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:01 pm

Someone asked the same question of UR to Marriott in July on that thread and NOBODY ever answers.
Possibly because there's already an answer in the wiki.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I have already booked the stay as Marriott allows you to book without sufficient points.

Just want to tie up loose ends as there are too many to attend to at this moment, such as to follow up with Hyatt on a non-posting 10% rebate reward redemption due to the Hyatt House posted it as a revenue stay (and gave points earned when not a single dime spent).

Also a few other annoyances that are results of hotels did not know how to handle the accounting on award stays booked before chart changes and then took pts from account again when the hotel's accounting clerk saw the cert was for less points... So you need to talk to the programs and to get back the erroneously deducted points (double-deduction - one at booking, one after check out).
FWIW, This kind of SNAFU seems to happen across chains. Have experienced this on Marriott, Hyatt, and IHG.

Not to mention IHG still has not posted the task of using Chase IHG card to pay for a stay which was on Sept 28... The 2016 Acceleration has only a few weeks to go and Paying with IHG card task seems not updated on most people's dash boards, thus no bonus points.

So I want to cross items on the "To follow up list" as soon as possible. lol.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Possibly because there's already an answer in the wiki.
I understand it is in the Wiki but how "fresh" it is?

All the data points I searched on the net, are OLD - like in Dec 2015, from TPG's experiments on all Chase partners.
There are not any other DPs other than one on this thread in April.

True, UR to Marriott may have very little DPs due to it is NOT the desirable redemption from a "value" stand point, but I gather there might still be some folks who would need to top up for a redemption. I guess there really is nobody doing it based on the zero feedback here and on Marriott forum.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:09 am

True, UR to Marriott may have very little DPs due to it is NOT the desirable redemption from a "value" stand point, but I gather there might still be some folks who would need to top up for a redemption.
I've done exactly this (& even posted on FT about the scenario where this can produce very high yields—can't find the %$&! post in question), but yes, it's usually a pretty poor play.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did anyone have experiences on how long it takes from UR to Marriott?

Transferred 1K UR on Thursday afternoon but the 1K is still a no show in my Marriott account.

The Marriott account number is a copy/paste so there would be no mistake in typo.
Points show up on Tuesday. So it takes 3 business days counting the day of transfer.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:25 am

Hey everyone!
My wife and I are hoping to fly roundtrip to Italy from LAX in May 2017, in business or first, using points. We'd love some help in figuring out the best way to do this! We have:

~210K Chase Ultimate Rewards points
~75K Membership Rewards points
~55K Citi ThankYou points

I realize we won't need all these points necessarily. Should I narrow my search to a few airlines (BA, Singapore, AF/KLM)? Anyone have any sneaky point transfer ideas for us?

We'd be fine flying out of a different city in Italy too.
*Also - I have AA platinum status active until February. Is this status matched by other oneworld airlines when I book a rewards flight? Thank you so much!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:48 am

Someone asked the same question of UR to Marriott in July on that thread and NOBODY ever answers. So I figure a new thread may work better to draw some attention. Apparently not other than a useless response.
Wow! I was trying to help. What did I do to deserve that?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:33 pm

Transferring UR Points to Multiple MileagePlus Accounts

Probably a dumb question, but I haven't used UR points before...My wife and I each have MileagePlus accounts that are a little short on the miles needed to book award tickets to SYD. Can I transfer some UR points to my MileagePlus account and some to hers? Chase's website has some cryptic language that makes it sound like once you transfer to an account you're stuck with that account for a year. Is that true? Any work-around beyond paying to move MileagePlus miles between accounts (which is prohibitively expensive)? Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Aknoff
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't used UR points before...My wife and I each have MileagePlus accounts that are a little short on the miles needed to book award tickets to SYD. Can I transfer some UR points to my MileagePlus account and some to hers? Chase's website has some cryptic language that makes it sound like once you transfer to an account you're stuck with that account for a year. Is that true? Any work-around beyond paying to move MileagePlus miles between accounts (which is prohibitively expensive)? Thanks!
Perhaps someone knows better but my reading of the T&C is that you can only transfer points to the accounts of one family member and you are stuck with that choice. They don't limit you to one transfer partner as far as I can see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.