Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Aknoff
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't used UR points before...My wife and I each have MileagePlus accounts that are a little short on the miles needed to book award tickets to SYD. Can I transfer some UR points to my MileagePlus account and some to hers? Chase's website has some cryptic language that makes it sound like once you transfer to an account you're stuck with that account for a year. Is that true? Any work-around beyond paying to move MileagePlus miles between accounts (which is prohibitively expensive)? Thanks!
Your answer is in the Wiki at the top of this thread. I think you'll enjoy reading it.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Probably a dumb question, but I haven't used UR points before... Thanks!
Hi Aknoff, welcome to FT. I've just moved your post to the master thread on using UR points. Start by reading the wiki, then then thread, which is only 11 pages. There is an enormous amount of information to be gleaned here. It's a little work, but the payoff is huge. Enjoy!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:11 am

UR to SQ transfer

Originally Posted by extremeromance
Same here 24-36 hours, hang in there it will come through!
My friend and I submitted transfer requests on Dec 2. Still zero points 7 days later for both of us...(2 separate accounts)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Zantaine
My friend and I submitted transfer requests on Dec 2. Still zero points 7 days later for both of us...(2 separate accounts)
Thats a bit disappointing to hear. I submitted mine on a Friday and it came through on Tuesday. I think it says up to two weeks, but it sounds like most people get them in two or three business days. Take deep breaths, youre at the most stressful it gets. It'll be over soon :-)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Thats a bit disappointing to hear. I submitted mine on a Friday and it came through on Tuesday. I think it says up to two weeks, but it sounds like most people get them in two or three business days. Take deep breaths, youre at the most stressful it gets. It'll be over soon :-)
Cut and paste from my confirmation email:

"Most point transfers process instantly. Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and IHG® Rewards Club point transfers usually process by next business day. Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer point transfers process within 2 business days. Based on travel volumes, point transfers can sometimes take up to one week.

All transfers are final."

Called up Chase and they said they've escalated it up to their Marketing department, and noted this length of time was quite unusual.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Risk in transferring UR to SQ?

Been checking at different times for SQ awards in J out of SFO to HKG or SIN.

Every time, the flights have waitlists as the only option for Saver awards.

Reading around, it seems the chances of waitlist Saver awards clearing are far from 100%, at least for those without SQ status.

But you have to have enough KF points in your account to waitlist awards and those points expire ...

So how many people have transferred UR points to SQ to waitlist awards and have it work out?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by wco81
Been checking at different times for SQ awards in J out of SFO to HKG or SIN.

Every time, the flights have waitlists as the only option for Saver awards.

Reading around, it seems the chances of waitlist Saver awards clearing are far from 100%, at least for those without SQ status.

But you have to have enough KF points in your account to waitlist awards and those points expire ...

So how many people have transferred UR points to SQ to waitlist awards and have it work out?
Review: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...rds-clear.html

Better forum for such a discussion.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 13, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
What's the best use of 150K UR points?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz
What's the best use of 150K UR points?
The best uses are those that help achieve your personal travel objectives. Tell us what you want to accomplish.

You might read this thread to get an idea of the types of details that elicit a response:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ur-points.html
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:07 am

Has anyone transferred UR to Southwest RR anytime recent? Just did a 30k transfer yesterday but nothing has posted yet. Not sure where the delay is. It's my first time transferring to WN so should I sit tight or start calling people to track it down. Only issue I can see is that my WN account has my middle name but not Chase.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by mortalwombat
Has anyone transferred UR to Southwest RR anytime recent? Just did a 30k transfer yesterday but nothing has posted yet. Not sure where the delay is. It's my first time transferring to WN so should I sit tight or start calling people to track it down. Only issue I can see is that my WN account has my middle name but not Chase.
Your hunch about the middle name likely being the problem is probably correct. Earlier this year I spent "weeks" ironing out a transfer from UR to British Airways Avios. It was all about the name situation which was slightly different at both ends.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by worldspan
Your hunch about the middle name likely being the problem is probably correct. Earlier this year I spent "weeks" ironing out a transfer from UR to British Airways Avios. It was all about the name situation which was slightly different at both ends.
How did you fix it? If I call southwest to remove the middle name, what do I after that?

Edit: Yup that seems to be the problem. Called WN to remove the middle name on the account and then transferred 1000 points and they appeared. No idea how to get the 31k points transferred correctly now.

Last edited by mortalwombat; Dec 24, 2016 at 11:58 am
Old Dec 24, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Probably a dumb question, but I haven't used UR points before...My wife and I each have MileagePlus accounts that are a little short on the miles needed to book award tickets to SYD. Can I transfer some UR points to my MileagePlus account and some to hers? !
yes you can. Tx whatever you need to you. Set up wife as transferee, then tx whatever miles she needs to her account
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:46 pm

[QUOTE=ssoonngg123;19040452]Never have a chase UR card, but need some miles from friends. Just wondering does Chase UR transfer to United must be multiple of 1000's or any amount is also fine?

I was closing out an account that had 3300 points in it. Transferred 3000 to United and they sent me the balance in the form of a check. Thus I didn't lose anything.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:32 am

My head is starting to spin figuring this out. I am trying to find which airline I can fly Business class ORD to BKK with a 4 to 5 day stopover in Tokyo. This is for February 2018. I would like to book as far in advance as possible. In a few months I will have 600,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards. Which airlines can I transfer chase points to for this trip and how many points would it require. Cheapest I can find is 150,000 RT via Korean, but they won't go to Tokyo. I'm thinking just booking economy tickets through Chase Portal for around 60,000 RT via JAL is my best bet. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by aln10788; Dec 26, 2016 at 3:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.