Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by ramamosn
Hello,

I am trying to transfer UR Points to Travel partner British Airways Avios Account. Both UR account and Avios are in my name. But when i try to transfer I get this message.

Special handling required. We are unable to process this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance

I have transferred to BA account previously with no issues. Not sure what is causing this. Called Chase and they told i have to wait 7 to 10 business days for them to do the Research.

Did anyone have this issue. Please help.

ramamosn
noticing that too, but with skypass. working fine for onepass. weird
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, SW CP
Such a shame about the new restrictions but it does make sense.

I'm trying to have my brother in law transfer his UR to us so we could book a Hyatt for them. From memory, the transfer just requires the Hyatt loyalty # right? How would they know if he transferred his UR to my Hyatt #?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by ninjasurfer99
I'm trying to have my brother in law transfer his UR to us so we could book a Hyatt for them. From memory, the transfer just requires the Hyatt loyalty # right? How would they know if he transferred his UR to my Hyatt #?
Transfer requires identifying name of Recipient. That person must qualify for transfer per new Chase T&C.
Why not just transfer to his own Hyatt account? (Easy enough to create one if he does not already have).
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:19 am

UR transfer to Hyatt - completely ridiculous

I also got the "Special Handling" error. Called Chase and am being told that it's because my Hyatt account has my full middle name instead of just middle initial, like my CC account. Rep asked me to call Hyatt and change to just middle initials. I said absolutely not! I'm not going to modify all my transfer accounts because Chase decided to implement some unreasonable name restrictions. and Chase can't put my whole middle name on the CC.

BTW - some of the award programs require special documentation, such as marriage license, drivers license or passport to make name changes.

Request has been escalated with response in couple of weeks. I'll probably badger them way before then. The UR points have no value to me in the UR program, only as transfer.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:33 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Does Chase UR ever offer bonuses for airline FFP transfer?

I know that AMEX sometimes offers bonuses for transferring MR points to certain airlines FF programs.

Does Chase Ultimate Rewards ever offer this?

New to UR points so I'm still learning about my new Sapphire card.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:50 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Nope.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:10 pm

Never heard of such thing, Citi and AMEX occasionally do though as you pointed out.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Never heard of such thing, Citi and AMEX occasionally do though as you pointed out.
I got a Citi Prestige with my Chase Sapphire card so I asked that on the Citi forum, too.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
I got a Citi Prestige with my Chase Sapphire card so I asked that on the Citi forum, too.
I got you over there fam!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I got you over there fam!
Saw it. Thanks, bro! 👊🏼
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:10 pm

300k UR points - cashout

I have about 300K UR pts combined (2 Inks, 1 Freedom) I can cashout online at 1 c/pt. In the past I bought 1st class RT LA - Sydney for some one (craigs list) for 2c/pt. Not sure if I can do similar thing now with new restrictions. (transfer pts to my airlines account and buy TKs for someone?)

Anyone has experience dealing with pts broker? possible? worth it? risks? (PM the hints) - tia
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by Emilygmonroy
I also got the "Special Handling" error. Called Chase and am being told that it's because my Hyatt account has my full middle name instead of just middle initial, like my CC account. Rep asked me to call Hyatt and change to just middle initials. I said absolutely not! I'm not going to modify all my transfer accounts because Chase decided to implement some unreasonable name restrictions. and Chase can't put my whole middle name on the CC.

BTW - some of the award programs require special documentation, such as marriage license, drivers license or passport to make name changes.

Request has been escalated with response in couple of weeks. I'll probably badger them way before then. The UR points have no value to me in the UR program, only as transfer.
Yes... I wrote about my issue (Mike vs. Michael) in late December, and it's still not been rectified. Fixed names to match on both Hyatt and Chase accounts, even though I didn't want to, but the same special handling error still comes up for me and for reps, despite everything now matching perfectly. Hyatt made my reservations anyway as a courtesy since I'm Diamond, but in two weeks, if I don't have the points in my account, I'm going to be up a creek.

Chase supervisor credited me 5,000 points today for the trouble and promises it will be working within 10 days. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA
I also got the "Special Handling" error with British Airways. It was because my BA account had my middle name on it and my Chase account didn't.

Also, does anyone know if they can transfer points to airline/hotel partners in-branch?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wiivile
I also got the "Special Handling" error with British Airways. It was because my BA account had my middle name on it and my Chase account didn't.

Also, does anyone know if they can transfer points to airline/hotel partners in-branch?
So did I... I had one letter difference and it was not going through. I called BA and they fixed it on their end within 12 hours (perhaps shorter). Note they do say for earning avios the name on the reservation (i.e. passport) has to match the name on BA account. But if you just want to redeem it should not matter.

I don't know about the branch...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:01 am
HCA

Originally Posted by orca1114
Yes... I wrote about my issue (Mike vs. Michael) in late December, and it's still not been rectified. Fixed names to match on both Hyatt and Chase accounts, even though I didn't want to, but the same special handling error still comes up for me and for reps, despite everything now matching perfectly. Hyatt made my reservations anyway as a courtesy since I'm Diamond, but in two weeks, if I don't have the points in my account, I'm going to be up a creek.

Chase supervisor credited me 5,000 points today for the trouble and promises it will be working within 10 days. I'll believe it when I see it.
Same issue here.

Called several times (both Chase and Hyatt) and could not get it fixed. Chase CSR eventually changed my first name from AAABBB to AAA BBB but Chase claims my Hyatt account list as AAA only and Hyatt claims my name is list as AAA BBB (Hyatt also helped me remove Mr. in title just in case). Note I linked WN/UA accounts before I changed name in Chase UR. I was going to add "authorized user" with AAA BBB for my Chase Ink but Chase supervisor would not let me do it.

[Update: It finally works. Chase Ink CSR updated my profile but it took time (for me less than 12 hours) to reflect in UR system (it reflected in Chase online profile immediately).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.