Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dascc
Do you have to make a payment before the bonus posts? I signed up for the 3k for 50k points and hit the spend the first month. Only the spend miles (3k) are showing up....
Originally Posted by mia
If you met the quota near the end of the billing cycle the bonus will post after the next statement. It appears that Chase calculates bonuses a week or so before the closing date for all cards.
Originally Posted by dascc
Thanks, that could explain it. My final purchase that pushed me over the hump was on the 16th and the statement cycled on the 24th.....
*update* Yup I guess that was it. Bonus is reflected on 2nd statement.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:58 pm

Anybody know how long the 100K offer will last? How long did the one in 2015 last for?

Want to apply for this but need to plan out my CC application dates...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
DP: met my minimum spend 12 days into the second billing cycle. 50k bonus points posted into my BA Avios account two days after the second billing cycle statement is generated.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Got on BA for my wife and one for myself. Applied around the same time and our accounts have the same statement closing date. In the first month, I spent $3125 on my wife's card and $11K+ on my card.

A bit surprised that while my wife got 3125 Avios credit, the 50K bonus has not yet hit her account -- it's been almost a week. I got the 50K bonus but not the extra 25K for 10K spending.

How long should I wait for before touching base with Chase for my wife's bonus? For my 25K, I am planning to call them after I hit $20K and have not yet received additional 50K bonus.

Update: Should have clarified, spending on wife's card was met on day 1. So more than two weeks before the statement closed.

Last edited by jediwho; Jul 16, 2017 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho
Got on BA for my wife and one for myself. Applied around the same time and our accounts have the same statement closing date. In the first month, I spent $3125 on my wife's card and $11K+ on my card.

A bit surprised that while my wife got 3125 Avios credit, the 50K bonus has not yet hit her account -- it's been almost a week. I got the 50K bonus but not the extra 25K for 10K spending.

How long should I wait for before touching base with Chase for my wife's bonus? For my 25K, I am planning to call them after I hit $20K and have not yet received additional 50K bonus.
Have you thought about reading this thread?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomey
Anybody know how long the 100K offer will last? How long did the one in 2015 last for?

Want to apply for this but need to plan out my CC application dates...
If you are worried about Chase 5/24 rule, from my experience, this card does not fall into that rule. Both my wife and my applications were approved despite being way past 5/24.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Is there any new application link to the BA card that waves the AF?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:50 am

applied for this card, and 30 days message on phone still persists after 3 days. the last time i applied for IHG card, the 30 days message converted to 2 weeks after less than 48hrs...

call or not call, is the question. :s
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:40 am

can you convert this card to anything else Chase with no fees?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does anybody have any data points on how long after hitting 30k spend the Travel Together coupon appears in your BAEC account?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When will I receive my Travel Together Ticket?

Once you reach your Spend Target an e-voucher (“Travel Together Ticket”) will automatically be added to your BA Executive Club account. Please allow 4-6 weeks for posting.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ravel-together
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UR, MR, TYP
Question MATH HELP: BA Avios Chase CC vs. another card

Hi there,

I have a math/analysis question.

Situation: I have a large handful of credit cards, including Chase Sapphire Reserve, Amex Everday Preferred, and SPG Amex. I just got approved for the British Airways Visa Chase card.

The sign-up bonus is:"Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 on purchases or 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend a total of $20,000 on purchases within your first year of account opening."

To be clear, I will definitely move spending and achieve the $3,000 sign-up bonus. That is "clear" to me to do. Beyond the $3,000, I'm curious how to value the extended 10K/20K Avios sign-up bonuses vs. the everyday spend on other cards. Currently, my everyday spending card is one of the three listed above. I could move my everyday spending to the BA card, but I'm having trouble quantifying the gain or loss on this. How do I do the math? Help!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Be sure to include the base one point per dollar in your calculation:

• 53,000 on first $3,000 is 17+ points per dollar
  • 32,000 on next $7,000 is 4.6 points per dollar
  • 35,000 on last $10,000 is 3.5 points per dollar

None of the cards you mentioned earn 3.5 points per dollar on general spending. It's worth completing the full spend provided you value BA points about the same as the others, and that will depend on how you redeem miles and points.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If you redeem TATL on BA, huge surcharges. But you can transfer them to Iberia is if your IB account is open for 3 months and have had activity. (Such as transfer Amex points to IB)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: UR, MR, TYP
Well, if you put it THAT way....😆

Originally Posted by mia
Be sure to include the base one point per dollar in your calculation:
  • 53,000 on first $3,000 is 17+ points per dollar
  • 32,000 on next $7,000 is 4.6 points per dollar
  • 35,000 on last $10,000 is 3.5 points per dollar

None of the cards you mentioned earn 3.5 points per dollar on general spending. It's worth completing the full spend provided you value BA points about the same as the others, and that will depend on how you redeem miles and points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.