Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Yes you can.

But if you are a newbie, I strongly recommend that you not spend at that level right away.
Oh I know about not ramping up so soon. I am NOT a newbie to MS...but just got the card so I just wanted to clarify this question. I won't be going hard at this card since I am going to space this out throughout the year since I am capped at $50K anyways.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:14 pm

How do Chase Ink Bold spending limits work?

I know Chase Ink Bold is a charge card with no pre-set spending limits. But I just spoke to a rep and the language she used was "flexible spending limits" based on monthly spending patterns.

The reason I ask is I'm considering applying for a card for my business. I spend >$50k a month on my current Cap One Spark card, and pay it off each month. I'm considering switching because I hate Cap1's customer service and I need a card for a new business I just started.

What did you start off with for a spending limit with Ink Bold? And how quickly can it go up? The rep said I can request an increase any time, but that it will also automatically adjust based on spending patterns. I'm just curious how that worked in your experience?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by switters
I know Chase Ink Bold is a charge card with no pre-set spending limits. But I just spoke to a rep and the language she used was "flexible spending limits" based on monthly spending patterns.

The reason I ask is I'm considering applying for a card for my business. I spend >$50k a month on my current Cap One Spark card, and pay it off each month. I'm considering switching because I hate Cap1's customer service and I need a card for a new business I just started.

What did you start off with for a spending limit with Ink Bold? And how quickly can it go up? The rep said I can request an increase any time, but that it will also automatically adjust based on spending patterns. I'm just curious how that worked in your experience?
I can tell you in my experience they lowered the credit line quite quickly from 5k to like 3k when I only put like 1.6k through the card the first month and I had to call in and get the thing bumped back up to 5k. I was ticked off since I was getting declines and didn't know why. I PIF the balance due every cycle and I am hoping I don't run into this issue again. I know I'm not putting the amounts your talking about through the card, but if the computer is decreasing smaller credit lines then there is a good chance they will do it to you as well if your spending drops off in any cycle. Its apparently automated.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:48 am

The first 3-4 months I had Ink Bold, I never put more than $5-6k on it per month. Then I ramped up and hit $12k as a high one month (~60% 1x purchases). Paid it down to 9k a couple days after hitting the high of $12k and wasn't able to make a purchase. I called and told their system automatically adjusts the limit "based on various factors." I was told the new limit on my card was $5k. Soon as I got my balance below that (another ~2 days later) I was able to spend again.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:48 pm

Do the places inside hotels in Vegas (the bars, restaurants, clubs) get you the 5% on your ink back? Or is it just for the room that you get that 5% back?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
No More 2x on Flight/Hotel Spend

Did anyone else get this email today?

Earn on travel. You will continue to earn an extra point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodations booked through chase.com/UltimateRewards until 12/31/2015. After that, you will no longer earn an extra point.

Not that huge, but more of a trend of Chase slowly removing benefits.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
Did anyone else get this email today?

Earn on travel. You will continue to earn an extra point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodations booked through chase.com/UltimateRewards until 12/31/2015. After that, you will no longer earn an extra point.

Not that huge, but more of a trend of Chase slowly removing benefits.
Are u sure this is not for the CSP card. This sounds like the language used for the recent switch in terms for the CSP card
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Are u sure this is not for the CSP card. This sounds like the language used for the recent switch in terms for the CSP card
I don't have the CSP. I realize it's not a huge deal (Chase UR Portal bookings), but I guess its for Ink as well.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
Chase Ink Bold and Plus, Citi AAdvantage Visa and MC, and Amex rewards gold and plat business cards don't show up on your personal report. I know this as I have all of them.

Apparently Capital One does show up on your personal, but that's all I know.
+100. I have 2 Bolds on a TIN and it doesn't show up on my CR. The bold that has my SSN shows up. My cap1 Spark shows up eventhough it has my TIN in there.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:18 pm

My Ink Bold recently got converted from MC to a Visa. If I were to cancel the card, would I be able to apply for a signup bonus soon thereafter w/o without waiting for the 2 years since I've never received a signup bonus on a Bold Visa before?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:29 pm

Has anyone had issues with there retention bonus of 10k pts after 5k spend posting. It was supposed to post last month and I called and they said wait a month. Then the second month closed and still no points. I had a bunch of amazon payments on the card, has anyone ever had trouble getting the bonus with some amazon payments posted?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Have a quick question and I'm asking for opinions. History is like this:

Got Chase sapphire (personal) several years ago - still have.
Got Chase Ink (Cash? Biz card no fee) about a year ago - still have.
Got Chase Mileage Plus Explorer Biz about 2 months ago.

Thinking about applying for a personal Ink Bold. Plan is to dump it after 1 year. How likely do you think it is that they will approve me? Credit is excellent. I'm concerned that they will say I have too many UR cards. But the last two were biz.

??
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:30 pm

from Dansdeals: "Is This The End Of The Line For Ink Bold?"

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/52594#comments

Anyone else hear anything about this?!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Yes saw that, don't know how credible that is. Good reason to get one now, though.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:10 pm

There is no personal Ink Bold. It only comes as a business card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.